Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When did Billy G say he was interested in the Arkansas Job?

Started by Arazorbackguy1, March 25, 2007, 01:32:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

help-us-butch

there isnt a job opening.....so why would he have interest? although i pray to god that what we keep hearing is true.....

wacohog

WilsonHog

He didn't say it in an article, nor did he say it directly to anyone on this board.

But he did say it, and I'll leave it at that.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Idahog

Quote from: hSv on March 25, 2007, 09:49:15 am
Get ready to celebrate

Do we get to keep Stan for 5 more years!!?!!

(joking...  get your fingers off the smite trigger!!)
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Toad Suck Pork

Get ready to celebrate

We could use some joy around here right about now.  Something to help take the HDN edge off...

vol_in_ar

joebut18

hSv obviously knows something....I'm getting very fired up now. C'mon Monday get here as fast as you can!

casken

Quote from: joebut18 on March 25, 2007, 10:05:09 am
hSv obviously knows something....I'm getting very fired up now. C'mon Monday get here as fast as you can!

That is quite significant...now I am starting to hope.

WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

SCRX95

So back to the OP's question...when did Billy G say he was interested in the Arkansas Job?  ???

Table Rocker

Quote from: SCRX95 on March 25, 2007, 10:34:15 am
So back to the OP's question...when did Billy G say he was interested in the Arkansas Job?  ???

there was a quote in wally hall's article last week where he called arkansas a top 10 coaching job in the country

SCRX95

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 25, 2007, 10:37:53 am

there was a quote in wally hall's article last week where he called arkansas a top 10 coaching job in the country

Of course that doesn't automatically translate to "I want the job."  He may...  then again did he include Indiana on the list which he turned down last year?
Sorry, I haven't picked up a Dem Gazette in years since I left Little Rock... and don't feel like looking for the article..unless some one can post a link? :)

HoopS

So if we don't read it in the paper, it isn't a fact?

Until Heath is gone, BCG won't say anything, imo.

HoopS

When did you know about Tubby and Minn?   I didn't read it anywhere and then BOOM!  He's there.

SCRX95

Quote from: HoopSlap on March 25, 2007, 11:09:24 am
When did you know about Tubby and Minn?   I didn't read it anywhere and then BOOM!  He's there.

But UK didn't fight to keep Tubby.  I can't pull up Wally's commentary because I'm not going to subscribe to the Dem Gazette.  The top 10 list in Wally's commentary could have been used to "imply" Billy G wants the job which may be more of a wishful implication than the factual statement by Billy himself. 

I don't know if Billy wants Arkansas job.  That's why the original poster's question of when did Billy G say he wants the job is an intriguing question which hasn't been answered yet.  It sounded like some people on this forum are "in the know" and perhaps I thought there was more than just Wally's article.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: SCRX95 on March 25, 2007, 11:24:16 am
When did you know about Tubby and Minn?   I didn't read it anywhere and then BOOM!  He's there.

But UK didn't fight to keep Tubby.  I can't pull up Wally's commentary because I'm not going to subscribe to the Dem Gazette.  The top 10 list in Wally's commentary could have been used to "imply" Billy G wants the job which may be more of a wishful implication than the factual statement by Billy himself. 

I don't know if Billy wants Arkansas job.  That's why the original poster's question of when did Billy G say he wants the job is an intriguing question which hasn't been answered yet.  It sounded like some people on this forum are "in the know" and perhaps I thought there was more than just Wally's article.

Keep waiting, I'm sure no one's got his comments in print

SCRX95

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 25, 2007, 11:28:20 am

Oh...I'm sure the people with inside source are just trying to protect their accurate sources...

HOGCATCH

nothing is being made "public" at this point in time, because nothing has been finalized! BCG has been interested in the job all along, White and company have drug this thing out trying to decide what to do! A word of support was given to Heath after the semifinal win against Miss St by White, and he has been hesitant to go back on that support. Hence the conundrum we now are living with hiring a new coach:)
Winning is a way of life!

Flatfoot

Wouldn't it be funny if Bill made more money than the Nuttster?  Maybe that will piss ole Dale off enough to send him to another school. 
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Winner

When did Billy G announce that he was staying at A&M and has just signed a contract extension? 

HawgPilot

Flatfoot

Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

HawgPilot

HoopS

Anyone expecting to hear a peep out of BCG about an Arkansas job that isn't currently open is clueless.   

I'm sure A&M will fight to keep him.  Just because he is from Texas doesn't mean he loves being at Texas A&M. 

Time will tell.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Winner on March 25, 2007, 12:14:02 pm
When did Billy G announce that he was staying at A&M and has just signed a contract extension? 

he didn't, and that's a fact.  However, when did Billy G say he was interested in the Arkansas job?

Arazorbackguy1

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on March 25, 2007, 12:39:43 pm
Quote from: Winner on March 25, 2007, 12:14:02 pm

he didn't, and that's a fact.  However, when did Billy G say he was interested in the Arkansas job?
It was a a conversation, not an interview.  He said it, that's all that matters.

SCRX95

So the bottom line is no one here is willing to share when and where BCG had a conversation with whom about the desire of Arkansas job.

As satisfying as it may be for many die hard Razorback fans in the time of instant gratification to see Heath fired followed by an announcement of BCG hire next week, it merits for us to look at the state of Arkansas Athletics Department vs what BCG wants.

It is a known fact that the money is not going to be the issue between A&M vs Arkansas in BCG's decision.   Many of you covet the deep and rich history of Arkansas basketball along with facilities and the support could lure BCG to NW Arkansas.  No way A&M can compete with the history.  But the $22 million dollar facility set to open next year in CS will rival with anyone in the country.  And the fact that 20,000 Aggies filled the Alamo in support first Sweet 16 appearance in years makes many here in Texas wonder if A&M is indeed now a Basketball school.  Of course..one year doesn't mean history..but history is built one year at a time.  And BCG is also aware of the way Richardson departed UA..  not the shining moment in history.

What does A&M have today that UA needs in order to make it more appealing to BCG?  A professional AD and stability.  A&M has a very stable professional AD in Bill Byrne who made right decisions and right hires to turn the athletics department around.  (Fran wasn't Bill Byrne's hire)
Will BCG report to White or FB?  Will BCG walk into a job where he doesn't know who will report to?  Perhaps it isn't BCG who will return UA back to the days of glory.  It's the reorganization of the athletic department that is truly needed.

pigmania

Get ready to celebrate
If what you're saying come true, I'll buy you the first drink.

pigmania

Quote from: SCRX95 on March 25, 2007, 10:41:15 am

Of course that doesn't automatically translate to "I want the job."  He may...  then again did he include Indiana on the list which he turned down last year?
Sorry, I haven't picked up a Dem Gazette in years since I left Little Rock... and don't feel like looking for the article..unless some one can post a link? :)
How many coaches have you ever seen come out publically and say I'm interested in the HC job at a certain school, before that school has officially offered or that coach has officially resigned?

pigmania

Excellent point!

SCRX95

Quote from: pigmania on March 25, 2007, 01:49:53 pm
Quote from: SCRX95 on March 25, 2007, 10:41:15 am

How many coaches have you ever seen come out publically and say I'm interested in the HC job at a certain school, before that school has officially offered or that coach has officially resigned?

Exactly.  So how does anyone know what BCG wants here?  Some inside info?  And how credible is it before everyone jumps on the wagon?

pigmania

I'm still waiting for a print or audio comment from Tubby that he is interested in Minn. before he took the job. See if you can find it.

SCRX95

Quote from: pigmania on March 25, 2007, 01:54:12 pm

I'm still waiting for a print or audio comment from Tubby that he is interested in Minn. before he took the job. See if you can find it.

Oh helllll... that proves it.  I guess BCG hire is a done deal...

pigmania

Just because a coach doesn't say it publically, doesn't mean he's not interested. Coach's do express there interest in a certain job without going on Oprah. Have any of you doubters ever gone to your boss and tell him you are interested in working for your top competitor without a position being open or giving your resignation?

pigmania

Quote from: SCRX95 on March 25, 2007, 01:58:19 pm
Quote from: pigmania on March 25, 2007, 01:54:12 pm

Oh helllll... that proves it.  I guess BCG hire is a done deal...
Doesn't prove BCG is coming to Arkansas. It does prove that a person can be interested in a job, get it and the public and the media never knew it was coming.

aggie83

Sorry to ruin the party over here but this is a link to the board of regents for Texas A&M.  On their schedule you will see an ammendment for BCG's contract ($).  Anyways I wish you the best in finding a coach that can return your program back to the prominence it once had......just dont think your current one will be the guy

Good Luck in your search

http://bor.tamu.edu/AgendaBooks/archive/2007-03/2007-3-29-30.doc%20Schedule%20FINAL.pdf

d1nonlyhogfan

Get ready to celebrate
About football AND basketball? Cuz I'm more concerned about the football team, and their season is closer.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

SCRX95

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 25, 2007, 02:18:28 pm
Quote from: aggie83 on March 25, 2007, 02:04:18 pm
Sorry to ruin the party over here but this is a link to the board of regents for Texas A&M.  On their schedule you will see an ammendment for BCG's contract ($).  Anyways I wish you the best in finding a coach that can return your program back to the prominence it once had......just dont think your current one will be the guy

Good Luck in your search

http://bor.tamu.edu/AgendaBooks/archive/2007-03/2007-3-29-30.doc%20Schedule%20FINAL.pdf

The Regents are going to discuss giving Billy a raise.  And? 

And it is a proactive approach to keeping a great coach and is a proof that the athletic deparment is in tune with the sound managment... something UA Athletics should be working on...with HDN..FB...Springdale debacle...White...

aggie83

and?? you dont give a raise to a guy who is leaving....If you read the language they say they are going to authorize his ammended contract.  That means he has signed an ammedment to his contract.  Not sure why he would sign an ammended contract If like you guys say, he is already in with Arkansas.  I know you guys really wanted him but I think that states it pretty clear. Like I said I wish you guys the best, I have always enjoyed your program.

Table Rocker

did i read that write, is the meeting not till next thursday? a lot can happen in 4 days.

aggie83

Hey you guys can dream all you want, that really doesnt bother me. However, on the Arkansas end there is unsubstantiated claims that this is a done deal.  On the other side there are players saying they are confident he will return and written proof of a new contract.
I really do hope you find a great new coach but I think it wont be BCG.  None of us really know and speculation just helps this site get more hits (maybe just maybe that is why this isnt dismissed here).  The online pay service at A&M has a guy that is usually in the know as far as coaches coming and going and recruits.  He is almost always correct and he said he didnt think BCG was headed your way, he also said with him its not about money its about the athletic departments committment to basketball.  Take all that for what its worth and Good Luck next year.

pigmania

Good Luck in your search

Prominence? All I've heard from you aggotts is that we have always been beneath your program. Or as one aggott stated on your board, "Arkansas is a dump."

pigmania

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 25, 2007, 02:18:28 pm

Good Luck in your search

The Regents are going to discuss giving Billy a raise.  And? 
Tells me they are scared to losing him, just like all the other aggotts who come to this board showing their true stupidity.