Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

opine, sigpig, anyone

Started by Toad Suck Pork, March 23, 2007, 07:16:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razor-trac

I don't understand the fixation with BOT. They don't hire and fire. NCAA frowns on their involvement. Believe it or not the basketball coach is of minor significance to a respectable University.

John White is the most qualified chancellor the UA has ever had. Let him build UA into a great University. Get an awesome manager to run the athletic department and then let that person do it. In the interim we need John White to review the major decisions in athletics because the current admin is outdated and idiotic.

It may be next year before anything happens with any coaches, but that is a better prospect than we had four months ago.
"We have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord." BH Obama at inauguration

"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession, a less robust recovery, and a more uncertain future. " BH Obama a couple weeks later

That's what I call change.

3kgthog

Quote from: razor-trac on March 25, 2007, 04:12:17 am
I don't understand the fixation with BOT. They don't hire and fire. NCAA frowns on their involvement. Believe it or not the basketball coach is of minor significance to a respectable University.

John White is the most qualified chancellor the UA has ever had. Let him build UA into a great University. Get an awesome manager to run the athletic department and then let that person do it. In the interim we need John White to review the major decisions in athletics because the current admin is outdated and idiotic.

It may be next year before anything happens with any coaches, but that is a better prospect than we had four months ago.

Are you on crack? Seriously. If White wants to unrealistically aspire to be Vanderbilt then let him stay on the academic side and play around. He needs to stay the hell away from anything involving the athletic programs. Don't you remember him helping to bring on Gardner for the Ladybacks? How did that turn out?

Finally, how much is John White paying you as his PR manager? I bet Nutt could pay you more and he needs the most help.

Hoot72

I have been out of state for 4 days, and have not been able to get on a computer -- been reading with interest all the threads about JW, JFB, and SH.  I am not an insider, and I hope that JW does not screw up the opportunity to get a really good coach and recruiter -- but, what if, JW is holding the athletic departments' feet to the fire and saying "How can you consider getting rid of SH, and not getting rid of HDN?"  I have no way of knowing that is true or not, but just "what if?"  May be he wants to make the change, but is trying to force their hand to make another change that needs to be made.  This is not even a wild guess, just hopeful speculation.

coachp

March 25, 2007, 08:48:26 am #53 Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 06:41:37 pm by coachp
BCG is not coming.  Heath may be canned but I am telling you BCG is not coming, just wait till you see the $$$ AM puts up it could be outrageous.  BCG is the only coach I would want other than the man, Nolen.  Those of you who like Self, have you seen his tournament record and he has been with some stout teams.

I hope I am wrong, do not think so though.

darth sooie

I hope White does lay down the law and say you want to remove Stan, than i'm going to fire HDN, deal or no deal. I actually think white holds the cards, since he has all the walton money on his side and they really don't give a frick about athletics but they do like him. By the way, i still have my doubts BG is gonna leave A$M. It wouldn't surprise me to have UA fire stan and than have BG say sorry folks, i'm staying at A$M.

UAfan

Quote from: darth sooie on March 25, 2007, 09:07:18 am
I hope White does lay down the law and say you want to remove Stan, than i'm going to fire HDN, deal or no deal. I actually think white holds the cards, since he has all the walton money on his side and they really don't give a frick about athletics but they do like him. By the way, i still have my doubts BG is gonna leave A$M. It wouldn't surprise me to have UA fire stan and than have BG say sorry folks, i'm staying at A$M.
If White says you have to fire HDN if Stan goes, than we are screwed.  Broyles is attached at the hip with HDN.  If this happens than we are stuck with two terrible coaches!

coachp

OPINE who is your source?  Mine is a friend of BCG, the man gave him his first real college job.  I have not talked with him in about two weeks but he was adament that BCG would not come.  Please , Please let this not be true.  Gettin a great coach and sticking it to AGGIE is a dream come true.  However, if Nutt was canned I would dance a jig.

coachp

I would love to eat crow on this!  You can serve it up anyway you like.