Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nolan Richardson being considered as Kentucky head coach.............

Started by CorningHog, March 22, 2007, 11:48:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

StatMaster

will never happen... not even if he was the only coach left in the world... he is done in division 1 basketball

StatMaster

Quote from: IBreal on March 23, 2007, 09:35:19 am
I sure hope that he gets hire as the Wildcats head coach.  I'll be rooting for him.  As much as I hate Kentucky, I'll be turning over a new leaf.  He will crush the little pigletts.  He'll win an another national championship in Lexington in no more than three years from now if he is hire.

rofl... sad how some people forget things so quickly

razorbacker80

One option for UK is Travis Ford... but they don't think he is ready yet.  Hiring a 3-year interim coach like Nolan makes sense.   

hoglee

this discussion is based upon the understanding that Nolan is a very dangerous Coach.  It is a shame      shame that the management of The UA let the relationship slip so badly that a coach that brought us so much success was made to feel unwelcome by his boss.  The current football situation brings to light the underhanded sly undermining that goes for SOP here.  All you who hate Nolan for suing the UA, does it even register that you have possibly been fed misinformation about Nolan to create a bad impression of him.  Just a thought.

hoglee

jamie72921

Bless your heart

hoglee

I know it was a joke but the reaction shows the real joke is on us. 

jbcarol

Quote from: CorningHog on March 22, 2007, 11:48:31 pm
This just in from listening to KKAT radio in Lexington.

You can listen to this file by going to www.kkat.com

Incredible that we may be getting to go see "Rollin w/ Nolan" but instead of Fayetteville it will be Lexington?

Radio stations east of the Mississippi generally begin with the letter "W".  'Nuff said.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on March 23, 2007, 11:50:41 pm
Quote from: CorningHog on March 22, 2007, 11:48:31 pm
This just in from listening to KKAT radio in Lexington.

You can listen to this file by going to www.kkat.com

Incredible that we may be getting to go see "Rollin w/ Nolan" but instead of Fayetteville it will be Lexington?

Radio stations east of the Mississippi generally begin with the letter "W".  'Nuff said.

The flagship station for the Kentucky Wildcats is WLAP-AM, Lexington.  They stream.  No Nolan.  Lot's of expert opinion.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

A lot of times in the rumor discussion of where someone is going to coach, there is a regional bias.  Folks are suggesting the coaches with which they are more familiar regionally.  Kentucky for example tried a coach from the Southwest and it did not work out so good.

Style of play is key.  If you don't have what they want and you lose, you will have a miserable experience.

U.P. HOGG

Nolan is NOT going to KY.  I just put this up not to long ago.  Check this out.  Nolan coaching the Mexican national team.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=124846.0

jbcarol

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on March 24, 2007, 12:34:44 am
Nolan is NOT going to KY.  I just put this up not to long ago.  Check this out.  Nolan coaching the Mexican national team.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=124846.0

That's as close as Nolan will get to Mexington.

Newport Hog

Man it a better chance of Adolf Rupp coming back and coaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HairyHog

jackflash

I think Nolan would like to get another college job, Justis to show people he can still get it done. It would a risk, reward type of thing. You can say what you want about him but he can coach.  I just can't see too many taking a chance on him.  I would like to see the 40 minutes of hell again. for a time their no one wanted to play us :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

jbcarol

Quote from: jackflash on March 24, 2007, 09:35:55 am
I think Nolan would like to get another college job, Justis to show people he can still get it done. It would a risk, reward type of thing. You can say what you want about him but he can coach.  I just can't see too many taking a chance on him.  I would like to see the 40 minutes of hell again. for a time their no one wanted to play us :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Jerry Tarkanian

jbcarol

I have thought of sending my younger son to Nolan's Ranch Camp.  Does anyone have a review?  If not positive, we will check out the Swim Ranch.

owl

Quote from: jbcarol on March 25, 2007, 06:26:01 am
I have thought of sending my younger son to Nolan's Ranch Camp.  Does anyone have a review?  If not positive, we will check out the Swim Ranch.

Make sure he carries a gun.
OWL says SUPPORT THE HOGS

vol_in_ar

Wasn't the press conference in Lexington, when he said "just pay me my money", that led to his firing?

jbcarol

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 25, 2007, 07:03:17 am
Wasn't the press conference in Lexington, when he said "just pay me my money", that led to his firing?

It was.  I was immediately was on the phone with Dick Gabriel asking, what did you ask Nolan to set him off?  He did not laugh.  He was very somber.  I backed off. Tubby was there as well.  That's why there was no way, Tubby was going to UofA despite changes made.  Posted here earlier.

jbcarol

Quote from: owl on March 25, 2007, 06:59:06 am
Quote from: jbcarol on March 25, 2007, 06:26:01 am

Make sure he carries a gun.

Do they have have gun safety training and target practice?  Now you have my interest !

vol_in_ar

jbcarol

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 25, 2007, 07:15:25 am
I think KY will go after Pitino again

As Cam Mills said on LAP yesterday.  That's the first call you have to make.  As ultimate loyalty helped Tubby land a new gig at Minnesota where as of today he is feeling the love...  A total lack of a sense of loyalty could land Ricky P. right back in Lexington.  Little shorter drive to the horse barns (tho I think it's private planes for coach these days with the occasional chopper).  A Rick Pitino with life perspective back at UK.  Oh my goodness! (with no apologies to Dick Enberg)