Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nolan Richardson being considered as Kentucky head coach.............

Started by CorningHog, March 22, 2007, 11:48:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CorningHog

This just in from listening to KKAT radio in Lexington.

You can listen to this file by going to www.kkat.com

Incredible that we may be getting to go see "Rollin w/ Nolan" but instead of Fayetteville it will be Lexington?
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

bosshawg38

bd93

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

hawgfan80

Wasn't it in Lexington where he first started saying "Give me my money and I'll walk?" It seems like it was after a game at Kentucky.

BigDeal

Would it be under the "Randy Travis Live" or "Talking with Country Joe" link ?

moses_007

I couldn't find anything about Nolan from this station link.

:razorback: :razorback:

hogman64

Ha Ha Ha Ha..........anyone that believes that is insane.........

Sao Ming

He does love horses. 

Hell, I hope he gets a nod.  Why not.

Hogtropolis™

That would be like watching your hot ex-girlfriend make out with your most hated enemy.  Please don't let this happen.

jkelly107

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 22, 2007, 11:58:19 pm
That would be like watching your hot ex-girlfriend make out with your most hated enemy.  Please don't let this happen.
Why we would be able to destroy them. He would get the money then let his assistants do the work

jkelly107

LZH

If he would/could recruit like he did in the late '80's and early '90's, he'd probably be OK there.

lunchbox72703

riccoar

He thinks THE MAN has it in for him here, imagine what it would be there.

CorningHog

Okay, I wanted to see who was "gullible"!  haha.  Just wanted to see you guys "reaction" and to get a big laugh.

Seriously though, I would think that if Nolan wants to coach again, someone will give him a shot.  I would tell you this, when I was in South Carolina a few years back, say 1995, or 1996, the Kentucky fans I talked to "loved" Nolan Richardson and they always applauded him when he was in Lexington as well as when their "masses" came to the SEC Tourney.  Arkansas had some "real" battles with some great Kentucky teams and Nolan had the utmost respect from the "Big Blue Nation".

I believe if Nolan weren't in his 60's, he would get a look.  Not so much now and it would be a long shot with odds longer than any horse in history. 

But OHHHHHH how that would be not only ironic, but such fun when Nolan brought a team into the "BUD"!

Hope you can forgive me for "pulling" your leg!

jamie72921

Quote from: CorningHog on March 23, 2007, 12:13:36 am
Okay, I wanted to see who was "gullible"!  haha.  Just wanted to see you guys "reaction" and to get a big laugh.

Seriously though, I would think that if Nolan wants to coach again, someone will give him a shot.  I would tell you this, when I was in South Carolina a few years back, say 1995, or 1996, the Kentucky fans I talked to "loved" Nolan Richardson and they always applauded him when he was in Lexington as well as when their "masses" came to the SEC Tourney.  Arkansas had some "real" battles with some great Kentucky teams and Nolan had the utmost respect from the "Big Blue Nation".

I believe if Nolan weren't in his 60's, he would get a look.  Not so much now and it would be a long shot with odds longer than any horse in history. 

But OHHHHHH how that would be not only ironic, but such fun when Nolan brought a team into the "BUD"!

Hope you can forgive me for "pulling" your leg!

I have spent time in Ohio, Penn, Maryland, Virginia, and Tenn since Nolan was fired and sued AR.

It has been my experience that the only people that ever gave a rats rip about that suit all live or have lived within the borders of the state of Arkansas.
Bless your heart

VoR

Quote from: CorningHog on March 22, 2007, 11:48:31 pm
This just in from listening to KKAT radio in Lexington.

You can listen to this file by going to www.kkat.com

Incredible that we may be getting to go see "Rollin w/ Nolan" but instead of Fayetteville it will be Lexington?
Never could find the link to anything about UK and Nolan, but stranger things have happened, Nolan always seemed well liked and respected in Lexington. Between winning a NC at a different school and being able to really rub Frank's nose it it, that might just give Nolan his old fire back for winning.

I do lean towards Mike's analogy, but by the same token I could almost see reading in the morning paper where Nolan offers to pay UK to coach there.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

riccoar

I personally think Nolan's flirtation with the RimRockers says he wants bigger things.  If he could be successful at the NBADL, it could get him an NBA gig.

jamie72921

Quote from: riccoar on March 23, 2007, 12:19:03 am
I personally think Nolan's flirtation with the RimRockers says he wants bigger things.  If he could be successful at the NBADL, it could get him an NBA gig.

Nolan doesn't care about coaching in the NBA.

The Hawks tried hard to land Nolan and couldn't. Kind of funny that people on here have been trying to say that Heath is on the same track as Nolan now after 5 years.

I sincerely doubt, that any NBA franchise ever pursues Heath.
Bless your heart

BRC0180

moses_007

CorningHog, that was some kind of "leg pulling" for sure. 

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

CorningHog

hahaha... at least I am called the "most" at something!

Seriously though, Nolan Richardson is still a very "respected" basketball coach and like Jamie72921 said,
"Only the folks inside the state" respond with he sued the Razorbacks!  Personally, I felt like he had a right to and could relate to him in response to a former job.

Nolan would get the Wildcats rocking and can you imagine a few good "recruiter" coaches as assistants coming on his staff at Kentucky?  The guy would get the McDonald's All Americans flocking back to Lexington.  Also, Nolan would be a great story.

It "WON'T" happen, but I would be a great fan of that program if they did do it.

Look for Gillespie to be looked at hard.  Maybe the VCU coach, but it will probably be someone that has been able to coach a program up and more than just a few years of success.

I can't see Self, Floyd or Krueger.  Give me a list of Top 10 and I will pick it out.

Not to brag but when the 2001/2002 NCAA tourney was rolling I saw Kent States young coach and infectous smile and said, there is our new coach.  I never thought that would be the guy.  He may still be and may still get Arkansas rolling again.  He needs a lot more players though, especially another guard and some tenacious "D"!

CorningHog

No, just read VCU's website and Anthony Grant is a one year wonder, but does have 13 years of college coaching and more years as a high school coach in Miami, FL.  Played his college ball at Dayton, I think I read.

How about Gonzaga's Mark Few.  That would be my pick!  BAM!  Mark it down, Mark Few will be Kentucky's next basketball coach.

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

stormurr

That would be just crazy. I did hear that KY wants a up tempo style of play.  That would be it.  Nolan has the fire back I think and I believe he wants to coach again somewhere but the right fit.  I also feel that if he coaches again especially at KY he will do well once again we will be in trouble Richardson will be on a mission I think.

razorback45

Yeah, but what will poor little ole Mexico do about their Olympic team
!!!!!!!!!!Love Those Hogs !!!!!!!!!!

razorback45

!!!!!!!!!!Love Those Hogs !!!!!!!!!!

TMc

There is no one.., absolutely no one that will give Nolan a shot, unless they are a program with nothing to lose.  I love Nolan's style .., but he is too old to recruit these kids of today.  He hated messing with them when he was here.

bigyellowdog

Kentucky will not risk the chance of having tanks outside of Rupp Arena.

riccoar

Quote from: bigyellowdog on March 23, 2007, 04:46:24 am
Kentucky will not risk the chance of having tanks outside of Rupp Arena.
HA! HA! That was a good one.  I fondly remember that saying.

Toad Suck Pork

It would be poetic justice.

Anybody that thinks it would be a terrible hire is crazy.  The man's batteries are recharged and he would have a chance to stick it to the Hogs and the White Haired Devil on the basketball court.  I could see him being very successful there for a few years until he retired.

I don't see any chance of it happening though.

jbcarol

Here is the link to the lead story of Tubby Smith's departure.  Included in closing is a quote from Nolan.  Doesn't sound like he's interested but a great quote.

http://www.kentucky.com/608/story/24257.html
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

MountieDawg

NO WAY KENTUCKY HIRES NOLAN!!!   There is a better chance that Frank Broyles would hire him back than Mitch Barnhardt!!!
SEC!

HawgPyle

Nolan's name was brought up this morning on XM channel 142 (Fox Sports)...suprised the crap outta me.

little pigee

Quote from: jbcarol on March 23, 2007, 06:52:07 am
Here is the link to the lead story of Tubby Smith's departure.  Included in closing is a quote from Nolan.  Doesn't sound like he's interested but a great quote.

http://www.kentucky.com/608/story/24257.html
The infamous Nolan "Feed the Beast" quote.
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

IBreal

I sure hope that he gets hire as the Wildcats head coach.  I'll be rooting for him.  As much as I hate Kentucky, I'll be turning over a new leaf.  He will crush the little pigletts.  He'll win an another national championship in Lexington in no more than three years from now if he is hire.

redbug56

haha  +1

BartIV

Nolan does love his horses, he is a little old, but would be good at rebuilding a program.

Ouachihog

Somehow I can't link this image to Nolan Richardson.....but i see your point. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

TRUHOG718

For the sake of my sanity and well being. Please dont let this happen.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

BartIV

Nolan has not coached because he wanted to tap The u of A for as much money as possible as a way to get back at them. Now that is about to run out, he may come back and coach, maybe even for Kentucky on a short term basis just to rebuilt the team, which he was the best at.

LR Hog

Like a boss.

prairiehogcompanion

Posts like the one that originated this thread should only be permitted on April 1. Otherwise, not appreciated.

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!