TENN takin' it to OSU!

Started by PiggyBack, March 22, 2007, 09:50:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vol_in_ar

Yep, we've let them back in it

joeyself

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 22, 2007, 10:08:19 pm
"They just wanted it more than we did.  They played with more heart."

You think we'll hear this from the OSU locker room after the game?

No.

No, I don't.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

superjw

March 22, 2007, 11:06:00 pm #52 Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:24:21 pm by superjw
Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 22, 2007, 10:19:23 pm
Quote from: BigDeal on March 22, 2007, 10:15:14 pm
Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 22, 2007, 10:11:11 pm
you guys pulled out a big win .....
Congrats it helped my bracket

I'm really pulling for Tennessee to win tonight. If they do win, we should do a poll here to see which hogvillers think will win. I know a lot of people on this board are fans of both programs.

Why in the world would a Hog fan ever be a fan of Tennessee or Memphis??
exactly - I will never cheer either one of those teams on - respect yes - cheer no...only cool thing about Memphis is one of my college professors - Forest Arnold was the first All-American to come out of Memphis (Memphis State back then).  His jersey is hanging in the rafters beside Penny Hardaways - only cool thing about Memphis for me...
The Law of Insanity is this - doing things the same way and expecting different results.

vol_in_ar

Even with a hand in his face Lofton shooting 3's

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 22, 2007, 11:07:31 pm
Even with a hand in his face Lofton shooting 3's

Sorry buddy.  Say goodnight.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hoglee

vol_in_ar

hoglee

vol_in_ar

77 74 Tennessee, but Oden's coming back in the game with 4 mintes left

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: joeyself on March 22, 2007, 11:04:46 pm
Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 22, 2007, 10:08:19 pm
"They just wanted it more than we did.  They played with more heart."

You think we'll hear this from the OSU locker room after the game?

No.

No, I don't.

JcS

Guess I was a little premature on that one.  Didn't think they would blow a 20 point lead. 
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

wincrimson

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 22, 2007, 10:19:33 pm
Quote from: wincrimson on March 22, 2007, 10:16:31 pm
I want to pull for the SEC team, but then I look up and see who's playing.

I wish the Earth would magically open up and swallow both teams.  I can't pull for those toothless bunch of urnge inbreds in anything.

Just go stare at a picture of Saban and you'll feel better

Nah, I'm a bigger fan of Courtney Fulmer.

vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar

Quote from: wincrimson on March 22, 2007, 11:18:54 pm
Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 22, 2007, 10:19:33 pm
Quote from: wincrimson on March 22, 2007, 10:16:31 pm
I want to pull for the SEC team, but then I look up and see who's playing.

I wish the Earth would magically open up and swallow both teams.  I can't pull for those toothless bunch of urnge inbreds in anything.

Just go stare at a picture of Saban and you'll feel better

Nah, I'm a bigger fan of Courtney Fulmer.

Surprising

BigDeal

looks like this thing is going to go down to the wire.
Still hoping the vols can pull it out, but having doubts.

HogFan1973

I get about as tired of Raferty as I do Vitale.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

vol_in_ar

BigDeal

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

BigDeal

OSU has shown two games now what Champs are made of.

joeyself

Hurt my feelings, but helped my bracket.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

vol_in_ar

Blew a 20 point lead and lost by one

lightsout

Oden said "GET IT OUT!!"

Too bad that UT couldn't pull that one out.

SquirrelMasterFunk

user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

Lofton was amazing...hats off to him..

BigDeal

I  hope your bracket has OSU going to the final four.

Chuck Porker

Dammit
Oden is not bad.
I wish we had Connelly

hogsailor

ok, I officially don't like ohio st now...

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Nice block from the 40-year-old man.  Damn.  Lost half my final four on my bracket tonight.

vol_in_ar

yep blew a chance at the Elite 8, just like 2000 we had a lead on NC and lost as well

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 22, 2007, 11:34:01 pm
Nice block from the 40-year-old man.  Damn.  Lost half my final four on my bracket tonight.
Ditto.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: hogsailor on March 22, 2007, 11:34:01 pm

What took you so long?  Especially after having to listen to the talking heads drool all over them all football season.

hogsailor

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 22, 2007, 11:35:45 pm

What took you so long?  Especially after having to listen to the talking heads drool all over them all football season.

Thats no shiite!

I get sick of these announcers drooling over whoever is playing an SEC team...

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

hawgfan80

No kidding. I even heard Verne Lundquist "boo" tonight on a foul called against Ohio St.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 22, 2007, 11:35:19 pm
yep blew a chance at the Elite 8, just like 2000 we had a lead on NC and lost as well

Yeah, your boys really pulled a Clint Stoerner tonight.

vol_in_ar

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

I still have nightmares about that one.

ChicoHog

Thanks god Ramar Smith got that last rebound and made a poor choice on his drive.  Only thing better than Tennesse losing in basketball is tennessee losing in football (and Florida). 

I was hoping A&M would beat Memphis but maybe this helps us talk to BG sooner!

hogsgonewild30

but yet you dont get sick of cbs sucking florida's casey

StoernerJonesFan

Ohio St. just proved to everyone why they are a #1 seed.  They came through when they needed to and Tenn started playing scared in the 2nd half.  Go Buckeyes!

mword

I went to bed last night thinking Tennessee had this game won. Was I ever shocked!

little pigee

Hats off to Pearl and his team for getting that far. 
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

jamie72921

Pearl had a great game plan for Ohio St. as long as Oden was in the game. Oden's foul trouble actually helped Ohio St. win the game.

When Oden was in the game, OSU couldn't penetrate into the lane due to Oden posting up down low as he normally does. Tenn's big men were able to help clog any drives because they were already in the lane.

As soon as Oden went out with his third foul, I told the guys I'm watching the game with, that Tenn better close down the lane and protect against penetration. They were up 19 at that point. 2 layups and three later, they were only up 12. They ran it back to 20 but you could see that OSU was getting into the lane too easily off the dribble making for easy buckets, foul shots, and open 3 attempts.

I think Pearl had a great game plan going in on how to handle OSU with Oden, but didn't make adjustments on how to handle Connelly's penetration once Oden left the game.

Hated to see the Vols lose, but man I wish our program's future looked as bright as Tenn's.
Bless your heart

Dugann

too bad they could not finish it, I was really wanting the vols to kick'em in the nutts.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

vol_in_ar

We did in the first half

We just lost the 3 point shot, in the second, and didn't hit FT's at the end

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

vol_in_ar