Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Doc Sadler (All posts go HERE)

Started by USCoastGuard, March 17, 2007, 11:27:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on March 19, 2007, 12:14:04 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on March 19, 2007, 12:11:49 pm
if we hire Sadler we might as well keep what we have in Coach Heath and keep all the players in place.

But Hollywood he's got Arkansas ties.  I'm sure he would love that Hardwood, and that's all we can ask of a coach isn't it?

after this nutt situation, i do not want anymore coaches with Arkansas ties. If they have Arkansas ties, they are bullet proof even if they suck as a coach and as a person (nutt boy).

Our best coaches in the past have NO Arkansas ties. SUtton, Richardson, Holtz, and even Broyles had no Arkansas ties.

And yeah i know you're being sarcastic

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on March 19, 2007, 12:19:58 pm
if we hire Sadler we might as well keep what we have in Coach Heath and keep all the players in place.

But Hollywood he's got Arkansas ties.  I'm sure he would love that Hardwood, and that's all we can ask of a coach isn't it?

after this nutt situation, i do not want anymore coaches with Arkansas ties. If they have Arkansas ties, they are bullet proof even if they suck as a coach and as a person (nutt boy).

Our best coaches in the past have NO Arkansas ties. SUtton, Richardson, Holtz, and even Broyles had no Arkansas ties.

Agreed.  See my post a ways up about ties and where we are with Nutt because of them.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Dwight_K_Shrute

I
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on March 19, 2007, 12:19:58 pm

I knew you knew that I was being sarcastic.  Just wasn't sure if you knew I knew that you knew.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Buck Ocean

QuoteAgreed.  See my post a ways up about ties and where we are with Nutt because of them.

Yeah...and see mine too.  I'll respectfully state once again, no Arkansas ties please.
Think like a Jedi

hoginsanfran

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 19, 2007, 12:05:07 pm
Quote from: Fresh Legs? on March 18, 2007, 11:24:29 pm
Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 18, 2007, 11:00:41 pm
Quote from: mbgrulz on March 18, 2007, 10:16:37 pm
if we are gonna make a HO-HUM hire like DS, then i'd rather go with someone more exciting like the VCU coach.

Doc's teams at UAFS did not play a boring style of basketball.

He's good people. Great recruiter. Good coach. Top-notch when it comes to telling jokes.

Scott...do you think he can recruit at the SEC level? 

We were told Heath was a great recruiter and he actually coached at a big time program.  So far his classes have been very inconsistent.  He has brought in some really good recruits but we've heard this before.

I'm not sure we can say he is a "great recruiter" based on what happened at Westark.  He only has one year of experience in a bigtime conference so what track record would you base that on?

I honestly don't know if he's SEC-caliber when it comes to recruiting. And, yes, the one year of major conference experience isn't much to go on. So perhaps I'm putting too much stock into what he did at UAFS.

I also freely admit the fact that I know Doc and like him as a person clouds my opinion of him. If Doc were to coach at the UA, it would next to impossible for me to be objective.

***NO offense, but this sounds like the ARMedia's relationship with HOUSTON NUTT!

I veto any suggestion of Doc Sadler based on this "CAN'T BE MAD AT THE GOOD OLE BOY" Syndrome!

NO TO DOC!

Qbackinman

I say it's Tubby Smith.

Ky wants to get rid of him for not winning NCAA titles. He would be a major upgrade on The Hill just for the possibiliity of winning one.

Pigonometry

I heard Doc speak today at he Tip-Off Club in NLR. 

He seemed like a good guy but didn't strike me as being a great leader or motivator.  We can do better........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

JustWinHog

Doc is the man. He can recruit. He wins everywhere he goes. He is a stud X and O guy.

AND he would stay here forever.

I would rather have Doc over Self or gillespe.

He has always been my number one choice. I just thought he wasn't an option.

hogsanity

Quote from: JustWinHog on March 19, 2007, 02:34:42 pm
Doc is the man. He can recruit. He wins everywhere he goes. He is a stud X and O guy.

He SHOULD NOT BE AN OPTION.  His huskers scored 39 in a game TWICE this season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

JJHog

no way, i'd rather keep stan.
" Think Right, Do Right"

kuhog

What about Lon Kruger? I wouldn't mind him coaching the hogs.

We have used the "he would stay here forever" test to pick coaches in the past, and I don't think we should use it anymore. We should want to hire someone that other schools would soon covet.

Rooka

Quote from: opineonswine on March 19, 2007, 02:38:46 pm
(1) Gillispie
(2) Self
(3) Floyd
(4) someone else

I believe this is the pecking order.
I am really starting to like Floyd. I would have him over Self but not Gillispie, Gillispie is number 1 right now.

BigDeal

(1) Gillispie
(2) Self
(3) Floyd
(4) someone else

Sounds like we need a different chicken,then. As good as it sounds, I'm afraid those three are out of our reach. Realistically, we better start looking for an "up and comer". Let's get back to earth with this search committee.

JustWinHog

That is like saying that Nolan was terrible coach because Arkansas was terrible in Nolan's first year......Thats just stupid, to base your opinion of him off of one year at Nebraska.

RocknRollRazorback

"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

(1) Gillispie
(2) Self
(3) Floyd
(4) someone else

Do you believe that if Self or Gillispie had lost this weekend that today's lack of activity re Heath would have been any different? Or am I just being too impatient?

Jim Harris

If only 2,000 more people who don't buy season tickets were like you, then the UA might consider it, since that's what they want a big name to do, and that's get the waiting list restarted for UA basketball tix. While Doc has come a long ways, I don't think he's that particular person yet. Let's see what he does at Nebraska.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

inhognation

Did you watch Nebraska play this year.  Nuff said about that.  I know Doc is from Greenwood.  I know he has a decent record.  But I thought the reason we wanted a new coach was to go to the next level, not stay where we are or fall even further down..

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: drakehog on March 19, 2007, 02:44:31 pm

If only 2,000 more people who don't buy season tickets were like you, then the UA might consider it, since that's what they want a big name to do, and that's get the waiting list restarted for UA basketball tix. While Doc has come a long ways, I don't think he's that particular person yet. Let's see what he does at Nebraska.
I agree. He may end up being a heck of a coach, and someday I may wish we'd gone after him, but for now I'd prefer that they go after an established coach in a power conference.

bosshawg38

That's the rationale that got us our current football coach who we cannot get rid of.

Stella

Quote from: BigDeal on March 19, 2007, 02:41:08 pm
(1) Gillispie
(2) Self
(3) Floyd
(4) someone else

Sounds like we need a different chicken,then. As good as it sounds, I'm afraid those three are out of our reach. Realistically, we better start looking for an "up and comer". Let's get back to earth with this search committee.

Are you Frank or just a Frank wanna be?  We have the money to go after anyone we want.  Why settle in basketball, settling for Nutt is football is enough for both sports!

mbgrulz

Doc Sadler = ANITCLIMACTIC, BORING, LATERAL MOVE.

we have nothing to gain by hiring Doc.

i just hope that one of the Bills goes down this week so we can start the process.

razorpimp

Quote from: BigDeal on March 19, 2007, 02:41:08 pm
(1) Gillispie
(2) Self
(3) Floyd
(4) someone else

Agree...it will be either an "up and comer" or a "retread" ....pick your poison.  BS and BG are staying put, IMO.