Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official GO LOUISVILLE so we can hurry up and get Billy G. thread

Started by PiggoBitttys, March 17, 2007, 03:04:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PiggoBitttys

Louisville and A&M battling today in Card country playing in Lexington, Kentucky. I think Stan will be fired soon, but a new coach may take time. The earlier the future coach gets out of the tourney the earlier we'll know. We might not get Gillespie, but if they lose today, we'll know soon.

jbcarol

Are they showing Louisville-Texas A&M in your market?  They are here.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

PiggoBitttys

Yes, they are showing the game in Fayetteville.

Toad Suck Pork

6-0 Louisville....Gillespie is terrible!  Fire Gillespie now so Arkansas can hire him  :)

Hogtropolis™

I have Louisville picked to win.  So that is why I hope they win.

Hogtropolis™

You realize if this was our team right now, everyone would be complaining about how bad the game plan was and that we need to get someone in here that can win in the NCAAT.

HogFan1973

I have the Aggies picked to win, but this is basically a home game for the Cardinals.....what is up with those Louisville uniforms.....all black?  Not fond of the all black look, when your colors are basically red and white.

PiggoBitttys

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 17, 2007, 03:08:37 pm
You realize if this was our team right now, everyone would be complaining about how bad the game plan was and that we need to get someone in here that can win in the NCAAT.

No, they are a 3 seed and have been ranked. None of Heath's teams have ever been ranked, not to mention in the top 10. This could not be our team.

Toad Suck Pork

See that #3 next to Texas A&M on the score line?  That would make me pretty happy at this point.

judgeroyswine

#3 seed, playing in the second round...I don't think I would be complaining.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Toad Suck Pork

Does anyone else find it comical that the goodyear blimp is providing live aerial footage of a domed sporting event? LOL

PiggoBitttys

Louisville up 12-9 with 12 minutes to go. Both teams playing hard.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: judgeroyswine on March 17, 2007, 03:11:52 pm

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on March 17, 2007, 03:10:11 pm

No, they are a 3 seed and have been ranked. None of Heath's teams have ever been ranked, not to mention in the top 10. This could not be our team.
Quote from: js1717 on March 17, 2007, 03:10:21 pm

See that #3 next to Texas A&M on the score line?  That would make me pretty happy at this point.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that people would be pretty disappointed if we had a team that was the #3 seed in the NCAAT and lost in the second round.  Maybe I'm wrong though.  Maybe it is acceptable since being the #3 seed means we would have won during the year.  Last time I checked though, the only time winning REALLY matters is in the NCAAT.

STRILE

Everyone that thinks Stan is going to be fired is dilusional.  He did a great job this year and deserves to see these guys through to the end.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

PiggoBitttys

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 17, 2007, 03:21:40 pm
Last time I checked though, the only time winning REALLY matters is in the NCAAT.

You said it, and Heath doesn't have ANY of those wins in 5 years here. Reason enough to fire him.

judgeroyswine

Quote from: judgeroyswine on March 17, 2007, 03:11:52 pm

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on March 17, 2007, 03:10:11 pm

Quote from: js1717 on March 17, 2007, 03:10:21 pm

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that people would be pretty disappointed if we had a team that was the #3 seed in the NCAAT and lost in the second round.  Maybe I'm wrong though.  Maybe it is acceptable since being the #3 seed means we would have won during the year.  Last time I checked though, the only time winning REALLY matters is in the NCAAT.

People might, but I was speaking for myself.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: PiggoBitttys on March 17, 2007, 03:23:35 pm
Last time I checked though, the only time winning REALLY matters is in the NCAAT.

You said it, and Heath doesn't have ANY of those wins in 5 years here. Reason enough to fire him.
I'll agree with you there.

PiggoBitttys

Quote from: STRILE on March 17, 2007, 03:22:52 pm
Everyone that thinks Stan is going to be fired is dilusional.  He did a great job this year and deserves to see these guys through to the end.

Great job this year?

7-9 SEC season, never ranked, could not win a very average division. Lost blowouts to Missouri and Texas Tech at home(basically). He won 3 games in a row in Atlanta. ONE of those wins was against an NCAA tourney team. He got blown out in his last two games.

How did he do a great job with 6 or 7 juniors on a team?

jbcarol

Quote from: Air It Out Gus on March 17, 2007, 03:09:27 pm
I have the Aggies picked to win, but this is basically a home game for the Cardinals.....what is up with those Louisville uniforms.....all black?  Not fond of the all black look, when your colors are basically red and white.

When Black becomes a fashionable color UofL goes "back in black".  When Pitino is your coach, serious shoe money accompanies a change in uniform.  He put the '96 National Champion Cats in denim with a shade of blue closer to NC "sky" than the "color of Dick Stoll's tie" that UK was used to.  KY fans complain too much.

The Doctors of Dunkenstein (1980 National Champs) had black warm ups that resembled a dentist's office overcoat.  Designed by Darrell Griffith, they were not too cool to look at but the fans didn't complain.  Those guys sure could dunk.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 17, 2007, 03:19:57 pm
Quote from: js1717 on March 17, 2007, 03:14:20 pm
Does anyone else find it comical that the goodyear blimp is providing live aerial footage of a domed sporting event? LOL

It's a training exercise for blimp pilots.  They have to avoid all the UPS flights going in and out of Louisville.

That's good insider stuff right there.  Even if Louisville is playing in Lexington and Rupp Arena is not a dome.  That's good stuff :)

And sadly, you don't want to do training exercises in Lexington.

jbcarol

I think the point is, if Billy G. is your guy, the sooner he loses, the less he will cost :)

PiggoBitttys

WBChogfan

Everyone that thinks Stan is going to be fired is dilusional.  He did a greatmediocre job this year and deserves to see these guys through to the endvia satellite from Michigan.

Fixed it for ya!

WBChogfan

pigmania

Da*n it Stan get off of here. You need to be looking for another gig and not on here feeding us a line of crap about how great you are.

Cajun Hog

Put down the pipe and bottle and stay out of the car.   ???   ???

oldfart

Unless I misread the score at the end of the debacle, he HAS seen them through to the end!!! Our season is OVER!!!!!!!!

coachp

Gillespie is not going to Arkansas per the man who hiredhim at UTEP, he laughed.  I hope he is wrong but not counting on it.

pigmania

Interesting that the CBS announcers for the Louisville/Texas A&M game have said twice that Gillispie is a, "young, up and coming coach". I thought this is what we were trying to avoid bringing to Fayetteville.

LilRounDevil

Oh, no! We're even pulling for future hog coaches to lose now.

pigmania

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

weresoclose

Does an A&M win even affect whether BG becomes HC?  Only the timetable, right?  And in reality, we're still not COMPLETELY sure he's our next coach yet.

Listen, I love the third name on opine's list.  Triangle offense and everything else.  Love it.

But what about Creighton's coach, Dana Altman?  For all you RPI lovers, they finished the reg season at like 14.  In the MVC!  Full court press all game long.  Motion offense that actually happens, unlike what Heath promised and then never delivered.  Sound's kindof like Princeton crossed with 40 Min of Hell -- and with SEC-caliber athletes!  I don't know, but it would be awfully exciting to me.  We could be super competitive.  And we wouldn't have to shell out 2 mil to get him.

Either way, the Bills or those two I just mentioned... I'm excited about whoever.

joeyself

I like the way A&M works against the press.  If Stan is back, I hope he is watching and taking notes.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

dmac_iz_kin

im hoping we get BG but i am also hoping he goes far in this tournament. otherwise your gonna have a bunch of winey fans complaining we hired a guy that got beat in the second round
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

ballhog™

Quote from: weresoclose on March 17, 2007, 04:56:45 pm
Does an A&M win even affect whether BG becomes HC?  Only the timetable, right?  And in reality, we're still not COMPLETELY sure he's our next coach yet.

Listen, I love the third name on opine's list.  Triangle offense and everything else.  Love it.

But what about Creighton's coach, Dana Altman?  For all you RPI lovers, they finished the reg season at like 14.  In the MVC!  Full court press all game long.  Motion offense that actually happens, unlike what Heath promised and then never delivered.  Sound's kindof like Princeton crossed with 40 Min of Hell -- and with SEC-caliber athletes!  I don't know, but it would be awfully exciting to me.  We could be super competitive.  And we wouldn't have to shell out 2 mil to get him.

Either way, the Bills or those two I just mentioned... I'm excited about whoever.

Uptempo excites me if we can't get a Bill.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

pigmania

Quote from: dmac_iz_kin on March 17, 2007, 04:58:06 pm
im hoping we get BG but i am also hoping he goes far in this tournament. otherwise your gonna have a bunch of winey fans complaining we hired a guy that got beat in the second round
True, but a second round loss is better than back to back first round losses.

Smithian

I think personally that Gillispie could make Ervin a very good PG.

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: Smithian on March 17, 2007, 05:07:41 pm
I think personally that Gillispie could make Ervin a very good PG.

Agreed.  And I think he could turn our soon to be senior big men into one of the best front courts in the nation.

Smithian

I have no idea that between the pure physical gifts of Hill, Townes, Thomas, McGowan, and Washington how we're not near unstoppable down low. Townes and McGowan are extremely talented and badly coached.

I think McGowan is mroe talented than Hill.

jbcarol

Coondog Hog

That was the dumbest damn shot I ever seen taken at the end of a game with 7 seconds left  ???
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

jbcarol

Quote from: Coondog Hog on March 17, 2007, 05:27:40 pm
That was the dumbest damn shot I ever seen taken at the end of a game with 7 seconds left  ???

Who does Sosa think he is, Alex Dillard?

And the last shot.  Where was U.S. Reed when you need him?  Louisville has heard of him.

hogsgonewild30

wacohog

Quote from: hogsgonewild30 on March 17, 2007, 06:09:43 pm
if BG comes here he's a damn fool to leave a&m for ark.

my god,  it is a wonder we win anything with fans like this

oldfart

remember Eddie Sutton came to us from Creighton and did pretty well

Quote from: weresoclose on March 17, 2007, 04:56:45 pm