Ian Steere

Started by Kevin McPherson, April 19, 2017, 11:42:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Quote from: HardingHog on July 08, 2017, 02:51:12 am
Big East team
Coming off a really good year preceeded by the Doug McDermott years
2 1st round draft picks in the past few years
A 3 time 1st team All American and Player of the Year who is also one of the best college basketball players of all time (McDermott)
Good 2017 recruiting class and a very good coach who's coveted by major programs when they're looking for a replacement
Also a large, nice arena which averages big attendance numbers each year

Historically, no, they're not Arkansas. However, in 2017 they're equally or probably more appealing

Mike has had 6 years and he can't get his program to a point where they are better than Creighton. Sad.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 08, 2017, 07:54:09 am
Mike has had 6 years and he can't get his program to a point where they are better than Creighton. Sad.

Why do you spend so much time on here when you can't stand Mike and Razorback basketball?  You'd think yo could find a team to support that does things the way you think they should be done.. Geez what a joke...

The Hogfather

Quote from: HardingHog on July 08, 2017, 02:51:12 am
Big East team
Coming off a really good year preceeded by the Doug McDermott years
2 1st round draft picks in the past few years
A 3 time 1st team All American and Player of the Year who is also one of the best college basketball players of all time (McDermott)
Good 2017 recruiting class and a very good coach who's coveted by major programs when they're looking for a replacement
Also a large, nice arena which averages big attendance numbers each year

Historically, no, they're not Arkansas. However, in 2017 they're equally or probably more appealing

As I said in my original post, this is a ridiculous decision.  You act like they've been great.  They are 37-35 in the Big East and 86-52 overall since moving to the Big East.

Over the same time period, Anderson and Arkansas are 45-28 in the SEC and 91-47 overall.

Each has 2 NCAAT appearances and one NIT appearance.  The Hogs made it to the Round of 32 in both of their appearances and Creighton made it to the Round of 32 in one and the 1st Round in one.

Biggus Piggus

Arkansas should not quit recruiting him until he signs with someone.
[CENSORED]!

Swinesong1

Quote from: The_Iceman on July 08, 2017, 07:54:09 am
I take it you're back off the bandwagon again?  Lol

RealHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on July 08, 2017, 11:33:15 am
Arkansas should not quit recruiting him until he signs with someone.

I know right? As often as we see decommits, one of them has to swing our way.

niels_boar

Steere also has offers to UConn, Kansas, Louisville, etc.  It's not like his decision came down to what was the most prominent program that he could sign with.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Hawg Red

Quote from: niels_boar on July 08, 2017, 04:38:07 pm
Steere also has offers to UConn, Kansas, Louisville, etc.  It's not like his decision came down to what was the most prominent program that he could sign with.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: niels_boar on July 08, 2017, 04:38:07 pm

Bill Self sucks. Couldn't get a kid to choose his blue blood program over Creighton.

Supermark101

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 08, 2017, 10:33:27 am
As I said in my original post, this is a ridiculous decision.  You act like they've been great.  They are 37-35 in the Big East and 86-52 overall since moving to the Big East.

Over the same time period, Anderson and Arkansas are 45-28 in the SEC and 91-47 overall.

Each has 2 NCAAT appearances and one NIT appearance.  The Hogs made it to the Round of 32 in both of their appearances and Creighton made it to the Round of 32 in one and the 1st Round in one.

The Big East is a much better basketball conference. Comparing the two would be like comparing Oklahoma St or Baylor football to us. Also Creighton was a top 10 program, last year, before losing there best player to injury.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Supermark101 on July 09, 2017, 01:28:10 pm
The Big East is a much better basketball conference. Comparing the two would be like comparing Oklahoma St or Baylor football to us. Also Creighton was a top 10 program, last year, before losing there best player to injury.

Yeah, that's what we always hear (mainly from the extremely biased ESPN guys) and likely why they get 30 teams in the NCAAT every year, only to have most of them flop out before the Round of 32.  Creighton is an average program and definitely not better than Arkansas now or ever.