Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Recruiting Rules for Dummies"

Started by Tomhog™, February 17, 2009, 07:40:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

Thanks to Chiefsfan for forwarding this to me.

Here are some of the ground rules for contacting potential recruits.

Who is a booster?
You are an athletic representative of Arkansas State University if you are:
-An alumni
- A fan
- A donor

Once you become an athletic representative, you remain one indefinitely.

Representatives of athletics interests are subject to NCAA regulations and both the representative and Arkansas State is subject to penalties for any violation of NCAA rules by athletic representatives or their support organization.

Who is a prospect?
A prospect is a student in the ninth grade or above, including students in prep schools and junior colleges and individuals who have officially withdrawn from four-year schools. Any student not yet in the ninth grade becomes a prospect if an institution provides him/her with any financial aid or other benefits that are not generally provided to prospective students. A prospect remains one until reporting for practice or attending classes.

What contact is allowed?
An athletic representative may not contact a prospect or his/her parents in person, by telephone or in writing. Contact may not be made with a prospect or his/her parents on or off the Arkansas State campus. There is an exception if the representative had a relationship with the prospect prior to him/her becoming a prospect and the contact is not for recruiting purposes or initiated or arranged by Arkansas State.

What if a prospect calls you?
An athletic representative may have a telephone conversation with a prospect ONLY if the prospect initiates the call. The call may not be prearranged by an institutional staff member and the athletic representative may NOT have a recruiting conversation, but may exhibit normal civility. The athletic representative must refer any questions about the University's athletic program to the Athletic Department. You may answer questions about Arkansas State University that do not involve athletics. The same goes for in-person contact. The contact cannot happen at the prospect's school or the site of the school's games.

Can I contact ASU coaches about prospects?
Yes. An athletic representative may not, however, get involved in the actual evaluation of the talent of a prospect. In other words, an athletic representative may not contact a prospect's coach, principal, or counselor nor visit the prospect's educational institution to pick up film or transcripts pertaining to the evaluation of the prospect's athletic or academic abilities. In addition, an athletic representative cannot contact the prospect for purposes of soliciting the prospect's enrollment at Arkansas State and ultimate participation in athletics.

TrojanHog

I just knew this was going to have something to do with Lane Kiffin...

Michael Porkleone

I might be in trouble then - before and after every game I talk to recruits and their parents in the pit.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Tomhog™

Quote from: Michael Porkleone on February 17, 2009, 02:07:40 pm
I might be in trouble then - before and after every game I talk to recruits and their parents in the pit.

There are so many secondary violations, every school would be in constant trouble if it was policed to the strictest degree.

chiefsfan

I think many hear fail to realize that every school has these problems with fans illegally contacting recruits.   Most of the time it goes unnoticed

In fact there are a couple things I know that Arkansas does that very much skirts NCAA rules.  We all know stuff Ole Miss does thats the same

The reason I sent these to tomhog is that the last thing I think anyone wants is for the University to get in trouble because of a message board.   And trust me it has happened before
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 17, 2009, 02:22:17 pm
There are so many secondary violations, every school would be in constant trouble if it was policed to the strictest degree.

Last year, Jerry Mitchell talked about me in a rivals article....I think he was the only official visitor to that game that came out before...he walked by our tailgate (in front of pregame show) and we yelled his name and told him he was the man....he had the biggest smile on his face...
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?