Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Macon's Back

Started by Porked Tongue, May 09, 2017, 06:54:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: factchecker on May 09, 2017, 07:02:42 pm
https://twitter.com/YoD4__/status/862093947673423872

Weak on the SID/Marketing department folks who just copied and pasted half of the Barford "letter" too. I never thought these kids were writing these verbatim, but still.. at least try to mix it up.

hobhog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on May 10, 2017, 08:31:43 am
Weak on the SID/Marketing department folks who just copied and pasted half of the Barford "letter" too. I never thought these kids were writing these verbatim, but still.. at least try to mix it up.

Agreed.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: factchecker on May 09, 2017, 07:02:42 pm
https://twitter.com/YoD4__/status/862093947673423872

I'm getting chills just thinking about Macon and Barford being back and Hawg Ball next year! Go Hogs!! 
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on May 10, 2017, 08:29:58 am
Well of course fcj said those things to cover for MA if those two did leave, because with fcj it's what make Mike looks good above everything, including the team or the players.

I'm glad they are staying, should mean another good season, but it had more to do with the prospect, or lack thereof, of getting a good pro deal right now than anything else.
If you say so. There you go again. Just can't help yourself can you? Every time something good is said about CMA you just have to come back with something. That's cool though. Just keep doing what you do, It makes you look great. ;)
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

HF#1

Best news of Anderson's career.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

phadedhawg

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on May 10, 2017, 09:57:13 am
If you say so. There you go again. Just can't help yourself can you? Every time something good is said about CMA you just have to come back with something. That's cool though. Just keep doing what you do, It makes you look great. ;)

It's understandable that he's feeling a little salty today, Barford and Macon are coming back and there's nothing he can do about it but come on here and bich.

Love to see those hater tears in type, every syllable is so delicious.
Hogs up! Covid down!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on May 10, 2017, 08:31:43 am

What parts were copy/pasted?

rljjr

This is exciting for the team and fans, and hopefully we will follow up last year's season with an even better one. I love Barford's game, and the moxy Macon brings is fantastic. Still love that he told the Kentucky players he would meet them out back.

PorkRinds

I sorta feel like th "is Macon coming back" was cooked up to allow fans something to celebrate and be excited about. I'm cool with it even if that was the point, but it does seem that way.

hogsanity

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 10, 2017, 11:13:00 am
It's understandable that he's feeling a little salty today, Barford and Macon are coming back and there's nothing he can do about it but come on here and bich.

What part of "I am glad they are coming back because it means a good season" are you having trouble comprehending?

FCJ makes 5 posts in a month and none in 2 weeks, and comes back with a post praising Mike for something he himself said Mike had no control over just a few weeks ago.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HognitiveDissonance

HognitiveDissonance

Well of course fcj said those things to cover for MA if those two did leave, because with fcj it's what make Mike looks good above everything, including the team or the players.

I'm glad they are staying, should mean another good season, but it had more to do with the prospect, or lack thereof, of getting a good pro deal right now than anything else.
Saying FCJ has a CMA agenda is like saying the sky is blue.
Old news.

elksnort

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on May 10, 2017, 09:57:13 am
It is called being realistic.

As for myself, I am super glad both guys decided to come back, regardless of the reason. It looks like we might have another good year, hopefully even better than this past season. I just hope folks don't get too carried away with their expectations.

factchecker

Quote from: elksnort on May 10, 2017, 12:29:49 pm
I just hope folks don't get too carried away with their expectations.

Why?  Does it hurt you to see people overly optimistic?

I don't understand the reasoning behind this logic at all.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

snoblind

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on May 09, 2017, 10:18:17 pm
What's even worse is how much faster there was a post in this thread complaining about the subject matter of said thread compared to the Macon rumor thread.

Watched one of the later Thin Man movies this past weekend.  Never get tired of them.  Always thought Myrna Loy was a beauty.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogsanity on May 10, 2017, 12:13:20 pm
What part of "I am glad they are coming back because it means a good season" are you having trouble comprehending?

FCJ makes 5 posts in a month and none in 2 weeks, and comes back with a post praising Mike for something he himself said Mike had no control over just a few weeks ago.

While it is true that Mike had no control over Macon's decision, he certainly had a part in Macon's decision to come back and play for him. No need to try to diminish that role and CMA does deserve some credit.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ShadowHawg

The hate runs deep in this one.

You're really going to be upset next season.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 10, 2017, 11:13:00 am

Are you saying he was hoping they left so we could have one of those 16-16 seasons again? No way!! Not hogsanity... ::)

Youngsta71701

As for myself, I am super glad both guys decided to come back, regardless of the reason. It looks like we might have another good year, hopefully even better than this past season. I just hope folks don't get too carried away with their expectations.
Being realistic about what? Forrest City Joe's love for Mike Anderson? Surely everybody knows that by now. Like the other poster above said, old news. What's the problem? If Forrest City Joe loves Mike Anderson basketball just as much as hogsanity loves Bret Bielema football then let it be.

But I'm sure hogsanity doesn't see his love and excuse making for Bret Bielema as a problem... :-\

Paul

Quote from: snoblind on May 10, 2017, 12:50:37 pm
Watched one of the later Thin Man movies this past weekend.  Never get tired of them.  Always thought Myrna Loy was a beauty.
no doubt!

hogsanity

Quote from: FineAsSwine on May 10, 2017, 12:58:06 pm
While it is true that Mike had no control over Macon's decision, he certainly had a part in Macon's decision to come back and play for him. No need to try to diminish that role and CMA does deserve some credit.

So Mike had it great either way. If Macon leaves, Mike had no control, but if Macon comes back it is due, at least partly, to Mike? Umm, yea, sure?

He came back because he deemed it a better move for himself than trying to go pro at this time.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogsanity on May 10, 2017, 02:24:08 pm
So Mike had it great either way. If Macon leaves, Mike had no control, but if Macon comes back it is due, at least partly, to Mike? Umm, yea, sure?

It's called a win-win. Deal with it.
Hogs up! Covid down!

elksnort

Quote from: factchecker on May 10, 2017, 12:33:09 pm
Why?  Does it hurt you to see people overly optimistic?

I don't understand the reasoning behind this logic at all.
Yeah, you are right. People can feel the way they want. I guess I am just warning not to be too expectant or you might be let down. The team ended on a high for sure. I feel very good about the team, but I have been a sports fan for years and a hog fan most. I have learned not to get too high. Well on the team this is.

elksnort

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on May 10, 2017, 01:46:10 pm
Being realistic about what? Forrest City Joe's love for Mike Anderson? Surely everybody knows that by now. Like the other poster above said, old news. What's the problem? If Forrest City Joe loves Mike Anderson basketball just as much as hogsanity loves Bret Bielema football then let it be.

But I'm sure hogsanity doesn't see his love and excuse making for Bret Bielema as a problem... :-\
I am not talking about FCJ. But Hogsanity, I suppose is misunderstood by so many on this board. Or maybe many just like to argue. Do any of you REALLY think that Hogsanity wants the hogs to lose? I mean, really?

Razorbacks#1

Stoked for next year. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: elksnort on May 10, 2017, 03:18:17 pm
I am not talking about FCJ. But Hogsanity, I suppose is misunderstood by so many on this board. Or maybe many just like to argue. Do any of you REALLY think that Hogsanity wants the hogs to lose? I mean, really?

Yep.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: elksnort on May 10, 2017, 03:18:17 pm
Nope, but I truly believe he doesn't like Mike Anderson but loves Bret Bielema.

Youngsta71701

He came back because he deemed it a better move for himself than trying to go pro at this time.
Question, do you think he would have come back if Mike hadn't wanted him too?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: elksnort on May 10, 2017, 03:14:58 pm
Yeah, you are right. People can feel the way they want. I guess I am just warning not to be too expectant or you might be let down. The team ended on a high for sure. I feel very good about the team, but I have been a sports fan for years and a hog fan most. I have learned not to get too high. Well on the team this is.
I try not to get too high on anything. I'm just optimistic until given a reason not to be. Keep it simple.

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on May 10, 2017, 03:54:37 pm
Question, do you think he would have come back if Mike hadn't wanted him too?

I answer to your question, no, if Mike had not wanted his best player back for some reason, no, it is likely he would not have come back. Since Mike was probably on bent knee begging him to come back, we'll never know.

But had he thought it was in his best interest to go, he would have, regardless of what Mike wanted.

azhog10

You also spent countless posts saying Macon should go if that's what is best for him. Had this went the other way and Macon left, you would be blasting Mike for not keeping him here. Don't kid yourself.

azhog10

Which is what everyone here, except you, had been saying for a month now. You argued countless times that coming back may not have been the best move. Looks like you too tried to play both sides.

hogsanity

Quote from: azhog10 on May 10, 2017, 04:27:25 pm
You also spent countless posts saying Macon should go if that's what is best for him. Had this went the other way and Macon left, you would be blasting Mike for not keeping him here. Don't kid yourself.
Quote from: azhog10 on May 10, 2017, 04:28:57 pm
Which is what everyone here, except you, had been saying for a month now. You argued countless times that coming back may not have been the best move. Looks like you too tried to play both sides.

and if you go look, right after they both said they were exploring their options, i said you can't blame Mike if they leave.

HoopS

Joe really likes having MA as our coach.

Hogsanity never wanted him to begin with and feels he will do just enough not to be fired.

All posts from either are viewed through that lense for me.

mhuff

I don't blame a coach or a player when they leave unless the coach has not prepared for that possibility. I also blame the coach if he wastes talent. This time CMA can't be criticized for not recruiting . I also would give him credit for better defense after the Missouri game- I don't know if he coached it or someone else. Who cares... good or bad CMA is going to get credit or discredit. im would like to see an assistant from Memphis .Perhaps Cleveland will get a head coaching job. Meanwhile, they should triple Thurman's salary

HognitiveDissonance

It appears the roster is now set for next year, assuming the 'Macon isn't going to class' rumors are just that and all is well there. Guess we'll see on that.

As posted a while back in my "State of the Hogs: My Take", on paper next season looks like a close comparison to this season.

You lose some key pieces in Kingsley, Hannahs, and Watkins.

But Barford and Macon should shine even more, and consistently more, in Year 2, as most jucos do.
Gafford should be a very nice replacement for Kingsley.
Darious Hall could contribute from the start.
Thompson should be solid as a senior.
Beard should be solid.
Jones should play more.
Other returnees should be a tad better.

Add it all up and on paper it looks like you might see a repeat of 2016-17. Not a title-contender, but a very nice squad. One that on paper looks capable of repeating something like 26-10.

As someone said, there is some carryover excitement which should lead to more fan interest from the get-go.

Biggest concern I have is losing Hannahs and his dagger 3s and clutch scoring. He took over some games last year, Vandy on the road, S Car on the road, LSU on the road come to mind. Who's going to deliver those clutch buckets right when you need them most? For the 3s part of that, that's where CJ Jones may step into a role. Those 3-balls are huge.

razorbacker3

If it had been in his best interest to turn pro, then MA would have wished him well. It was not time for DM or JB.

phadedhawg

Man it's a good day to be a Hog.  I'd written Macon off and figured he was heading overseas.  Also cool the kids have something new to fight about.  It freshens everything up just a bit.

hawgfan4life

Does this all meant that Macon has started going to class again? LOL

wikipedia brown

this makes next season even more exciting. looks like we are set outside. i really hope trey can step up on the inside, he shows the soft skills for sure, just need him to step up and be physical in the paint.

ShadowHawg

Everyone knows by now that​ anytime you say something positive you do it with a but this or that still sucks because MA is coach and some people like it.

It would be nice if you stopped the negativity but you know you won't as long as MA coaches because just like there are people with an irrational love of MA, you have an irrational hate of the idea of him as coach.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on May 10, 2017, 04:05:50 pm
I answer to your question, no, if Mike had not wanted his best player back for some reason, no, it is likely he would not have come back. Since Mike was probably on bent knee begging him to come back, we'll never know.

But had he thought it was in his best interest to go, he would have, regardless of what Mike wanted.
Exactly, ding ding ding!!! All Mike can do is try to get them to come back and if they don't he still did his part.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wikipedia brown on May 10, 2017, 07:38:45 pm
this makes next season even more exciting. looks like we are set outside. i really hope trey can step up on the inside, he shows the soft skills for sure, just need him to step up and be physical in the paint.
He is physical in the paint. The thing is every time he gets physical it's a foul where when other bigs in the conference besides him and Thomas can get away with murder and a foul not be called. Just sayin...I know hogsanity will dispute this but the proof is in the pudding. Go back and watch the games and you will see how many ticky tack fouls those two get called for compared to the others.

HoopS

It would be nice if people could come together to support our team even if we hired someone they felt wasn't the best fit. But that would be boring. And heaven forbid, you may even look like a homer for your team. Perish the thought. It's so bad. Homers are the Debil, Bobby Bouchet.

Heck, I didn't want Anderson as our coach. I wanted Gregg Marshall. But reality is I'm with a Hog fan either way and support my teams either way. I could probably be the cool guy and trash whoever I didn't originally want every chance I got. If you look hard enough you can find fault in anyone and nitpick it. That doesn't make you smart or realistic. It makes you an annoying nitpicker. The difference is some people can find joy in supporting their team even if things aren't perfect and others can't. They seek perfection and done the way they want it. They will never be satisfied with some coaches and they'll make sure to let you know every time they see what is a mistake in their eyes. You can join them in that misery or learn to ignore it.

You won't change some people. That's fine. Just know that what some see as logical, others see as homerism or negativity. It is what it is.

For me, I'm excited for our program.

Cmheinley

I think this is the first time in my adult life that I've been slightly more excited about Razorback basketball than football. Thanks for coming back JB and DM. It's going to be a special year. WPS!

hogsanity

Quote from: Cmheinley on May 11, 2017, 10:42:14 am
I think this is the first time in my adult life that I've been slightly more excited about Razorback basketball than football. Thanks for coming back JB and DM. It's going to be a special year. WPS!

I am interested to see how they do against an improved schedule. Win 22+ against that schedule and I will be very excited going into the ncaat.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogsanity on May 11, 2017, 11:25:19 am
I am interested to see how they do against an improved schedule. Win 22+ against that schedule and I will be very excited going into the ncaat.

And at 21 you'll be trying to convince everyone that we may not make the tournament. Wasn't that you, or am I misremembering?

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 11, 2017, 11:49:30 am
And at 21 you'll be trying to convince everyone that we may not make the tournament. Wasn't that you, or am I misremembering?

They should get in, if the schedule turns out to be what it looks like now as far as how opponents perform for their seasons ( somethig the Hogs have no control over ) with 21, maybe as few as 19.

Last season schedule and this seasons are two very different things. Last years ooc schedule turned out to be pretty bad, except for Mn and OSu. hey will play more than that in the pn80 or whatever its called.

But, and this goes for pretty much all of college basketball in the p5 leagues unless you have an exceptionally strong schedule and you are likely on the bubble with 19-20 wins.

southarkhog06

Quote from: PharmacistHog on May 10, 2017, 07:45:22 am
Macon coming back may mean a sweet sixteen or better. Its truly awesome and I'm thrilled he made the decision to stay. Having said that, just a few weeks ago you attacked several posters claiming the decision was all Macon's to make and Mike had no control and nothing to do with it (yes I can quote it from your post history). Now you are giving credit to Mike for him staying. Now personally, I think Mike DID play a big role in him staying but wanted to point out the hypocrisy in your posts and for all your screaming about this forum you should realize a lot of the problems here fall directly at your feet. I think you purposely troll the posters here and quite frankly it pisses me off.
PREACH!!!!