Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks (11-5, 1-3) vs Missouri (12-4, 2-1)

Started by Razorbacks#1, January 13, 2018, 04:19:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

40MINSOFHELL

elksnort

Quote from: razorpimp on January 13, 2018, 07:12:17 pm
A real coach with a bunch of players that have a low ball IQ should call a TO and get a real play
CMA is a good coach. He is not a very good coach though.

The pick-and-roll like action between Macon and Gafford looked pretty good there. Love to see more of this

TheRazorback500

They played both the wrong way and the right way at various points in the game. They just played the right way a little more. The two-man game is your friend with Gafford.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: cypress rock on January 13, 2018, 07:17:01 pm
Hall starts and played great. Where did he go?

Yep and where did Trey go dropping it to him?  That was working

Wild Bill Hog

beachhog

Quote from: razorpimp on January 13, 2018, 07:12:17 pm
A real coach with a bunch of players that have a low ball IQ should call a TO and get a real play
Macon should have drove or dumped to Gafford.  He chose the play cause he was point after the switch

Letsroll1200

Quote from: beachhog on January 13, 2018, 07:18:50 pm
Macon should have drove or dumped to Gafford.  He chose the play cause he was point after the switch

Attitude

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

GuvHog

Good defense right there at the end not allowing Missouri to get a clean shot off.

Congrats Hogs on a much needed win!!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

pigture perfect

This is one of those Butt wins for us for 2 reasons. 1, that's the oriface we pulled it out of. 2, but....... we should have not lost an 18 point lead to this mediocre team.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

beachhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 13, 2018, 07:20:35 pm
Attitude
I can't be positive MA called a play but Macon was told to be point and he made a bad decision. 
Maybe all the hype has got to their heads. 

elksnort

cypress rock

Missed part of 2nd when leaving Sassy 's but don't recall seeing Hall play

la20688

Quote from: LumberBacks on January 13, 2018, 07:12:49 pm
Macon ??? Textbook example of absolutely what NOT to do to seal a game.  Drive.  Get a foul.  Take a high % shot.  But no.  Shoot an air ball.
Earlier this season there isn't anybody on here that would've minded Macon shooting that shot, The team as a whole is just shooting like crap all the sudden. It won't last forever......hard to watch right now though.

beachhog

beachhog

Quote from: la20688 on January 13, 2018, 07:22:54 pm
Earlier this season there isn’t anybody on here that would’ve minded Macon shooting that shot, The team as a whole is just shooting like crap all the sudden. It won’t last forever......hard to watch right now though.
Maybe? But go to the line and get fouled at least.  That shot was a glory "me" shot. 

010HogFan

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 13, 2018, 07:22:00 pm
This is one of those Butt wins for us for 2 reasons. 1, that's the oriface we pulled it out of. 2, but....... we should have not lost an 18 point lead to this mediocre team.

Agreed, but they are projected to be an NCAA team and before this game they were #28 RPI. That's not mediocre by any means.

GuvHog

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 13, 2018, 07:25:25 pm
Agreed, but they are projected to be an NCAA team and before this game they were #28 RPI. That's not mediocre by any means.

Correct. Missouri is a better team than LSU.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

TebowHater

The worst part is that MA thinks this was a great showing on the post game radio show right now.  :puke:

010HogFan

Quote from: TebowHater on January 13, 2018, 07:28:20 pm
The worst part is that MA thinks this was a great showing on the post game radio show right now.  :puke:

The first 15 minutes were great. If we could keep that same energy.....

TebowHater

Quote from: 010HogFan on January 13, 2018, 07:29:41 pm
The first 15 minutes were great. If we could keep that same energy.....

Oh yeah we did awesome for the first 12.

Two 15-2 runs, though - you can't have that, period.

LumberBacks

If Porter doesn't foul out, the Hogs likely don't sneak in a win at the end.  Tennessee game ... Williams doesn't foul out, Hogs probably don't sneak a win in at the end of the game.  Hogs will not beat Mizzou or Tenner on a neutral court. 

Had so much hope for this team after the first 10 games, but they are slowly slipping into the lower half of the SEC where pickins for the NIT begin.

I don't think there's any way the Hogs win 20 in the regular season.  More likely to win only 5 more ... 7 tops.  Their collapse is not attributed to an ice cold Macon.  Other coaches have enough film on this group now to game scheme against them, and the Hogs don't have a scheme "B".

Road wins - Ole Miss
Home wins - OKST, Ole Miss, Vandy, USCe

Road losses - FL, UGA, aTm, LSU, Bama, Mizzou
Home losses - KY, aTm, Barners

The loss to MSST by being outscored 5-0 in the last 1:30, and the LSU 33% FG embarrassment are going to haunt this team's ability to make the NCAAT.  This team is too fragile to win more than one at the SECT on a neutral court.  I've seen enough of this team this year to be convinced they have lost their mojo, and they have a coach that routinely gets outcoached.  Unless their fast break is working (only against teams with inferior athletes) or the 3s are falling, this team really doesn't have much more than a bag of mediocrity.  Wonder what this team would look like if being coached by Barnes or Pearl.

LumberBacks

Quote from: la20688 on January 13, 2018, 07:22:54 pm
Earlier this season there isn't anybody on here that would've minded Macon shooting that shot, The team as a whole is just shooting like crap all the sudden. It won't last forever......hard to watch right now though.
Why would you simply dribble out and hoist a 3 with someone in your face with 13 sec left on the clock and only up by 2?  That's the dumbest "play" that you could run.  Your odds of working the ball into the post or driving the lane provide much better chances of making either a 2-pt bucket and sealing the game, or getting fouled and two shots to likely seal the game.   If the Hogs were down 2 or 3, then yea, you look for an open 3.  But they weren't and they almost blew it.  Bad coaching (no play drawn up), bad decision from a Sr. who was 2-7 from the field (1-4 from 3 pt) and didn't need to be "the guy".  Too many chinny chin chin wins.

la20688

Quote from: LumberBacks on January 13, 2018, 07:56:40 pm
Why would you simply dribble out and hoist a 3 with someone in your face with 13 sec left on the clock and only up by 2?  That's the dumbest "play" that you could run.  Your odds of working the ball into the post or driving the lane provide much better chances of making either a 2-pt bucket and sealing the game, or getting fouled and two shots to likely seal the game.   If the Hogs were down 2 or 3, then yea, you look for an open 3.  But they weren't and they almost blew it.  Bad coaching (no play drawn up), bad decision from a Sr. who was 2-7 from the field (1-4 from 3 pt) and didn't need to be "the guy".  Too many chinny chin chin wins.
I haven't rewatched it, but at the time it looked like nobody was moving other than Gafford. People can say it was a "look at me shot" if they want, but the kid had 8 assists tonight. Without him....and Gafford we don't win this game.

hawgrunner

Quote from: hog.goblin on January 13, 2018, 07:16:32 pm
A win is a win.  I'll take it.  This team has its shortfalls on talent and depth.  At this point it's about preparing Gafford for the incoming talent and hope he stays.

^this^

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 13, 2018, 06:53:45 pm
I really hate this.

This team breaks my heart.

I love Mike.

I just cannot allow myself to be emotionally invested in this team any longer.

Did you wipe away the tears and pull it together after the game?

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: ifghog on January 13, 2018, 06:58:00 pm
What is this cylinder BS

Yea this cylinder call is new.  Officially the end of aggressive defense.

pigture perfect

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 14, 2018, 12:06:08 am
Did you wipe away the tears and pull it together after the game?
I talked to UU, and I agree with him. I don't think you wipe your tears after a game like this. When you stay up til 12:30 stewing about how badly this team played even though the W is in the column speaks to how we are vested into this team. This team is more talented than what we have seen the last 5 games.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 14, 2018, 12:30:28 am
I talked to UU, and I agree with him. I don't think you wipe your tears after a game like this. When you stay up til 12:30 stewing about how badly this team played even though the W is in the column speaks to how we are vested into this team. This team is more talented than what we have seen the last 5 games.

You act like we're the only team in the country that had a close win against a solid team at home.

The team had signs of improvement, we'll probably keep getting better all the way until March, happens every year, not guaranteed, but try not to get too high or too low.  A lot of games left.

pigture perfect

You are right and I know better. I need to not expect too much. I will feel better in the morning.

PonderinHog