Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should Mike start Darious Hall?

Started by The_Iceman, January 08, 2018, 11:08:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

There was no excuse for mike to lose hall in the second half rotation last night.  Hall was really helping on both ends of the floor, mike did what mike does.   

He rode out the second half with the rotation that has been absolutely flat the last 3-4 games

BDSCT51

His second half playing time was certainly a baffling thing to comprehend.
Bleeding Razorback Red

onebadrubi

Quote from: BDSCT51 on January 14, 2018, 12:27:10 pm

Typical Mike.  His decision making is also why you will start to see the fans turning on him. 

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: BDSCT51 on January 14, 2018, 12:27:10 pm

I kept wondering why DH was not out there more in the 2nd half... He adds great energy and athleticism to the line up.  Kid is all hustle for sure.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on January 15, 2018, 12:33:22 pm
I kept wondering why DH was not out there more in the 2nd half... He adds great energy and athleticism to the line up.  Kid is all hustle for sure.

Because with about 9 minutes to go in the game Mike went with the lineup that has been failing us the past few games.  He then rode this lineup out for the final almost 9 minutes in the game.  (I think he did make one switch for a short time because of foul trouble)

DH length was really good on the defensive end, his energy was contagious, he crashed boards, he gave us 10 points in the first half, he also closed out nicely on their guys throwing up 3's. 

It is absolutely dumb founding in his handling of the rotations.  I told the people at the game with me early on that DH looked to be focusing early on in his jump shot almost like he was going to start, then he started and I said holy crap we are making some changes that we should have already tried.  Then we failed to continue with what was working.