Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs in the NFL

Started by bennyl08, May 08, 2017, 09:35:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Brandon Allen connects on a 42-yard pass to Dede Westbrook for a touchdown.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/895823149534765057
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogfan14

Quote from: factchecker on August 10, 2017, 08:45:19 pm
Brandon Allen connects on a 42-yard pass to Dede Westbrook for a touchdown.

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/895823149534765057

Cyrus Jones got torched twice already tonight.

Two Dolphins UDFA WRs have scored TDs tonight and Morgan doesn't have a catch. Hopefully he can get things going.

daprospecta

Quote from: hogfan14 on August 10, 2017, 08:51:13 pm
Cyrus Jones got torched twice already tonight.

Two Dolphins UDFA WRs have scored TDs tonight and Morgan doesn't have a catch. Hopefully he can get things going.
Morgan will at least be on someone's practice squad.

factchecker

Brandon Allen finishes the night 5/7 for 85 yards 1 TD and 0 INTs.  He also had 1 run for 5 yards.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

racinghog

Mitch Loewen with a sack tonight

factchecker

Wise had to leave the game with a head injury.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

31to6

Quote from: factchecker on August 10, 2017, 09:25:25 pm
Brandon Allen finishes the night 5/7 for 85 yards 1 TD and 0 INTs.  He also had 1 run for 5 yards.
Good night for him!

That TD pass was a beauty.

A Hogwork Orange

Jarius Wright             1 rec 9 yards
Jonathan Williams      4 rushes 39 yards, 1 rec 7 yards
Jeremy Sprinkle         1 rec 5 yards
Ryan Mallett              9/18 58 yards passing
Mitch Loewen            1 tackle 1 assisted 1.5 sacks

DLUXHOG

Quote from: threeNout on August 10, 2017, 11:43:39 am
Lots of Hogs playing tonight.  I want to see how Mallett, Brandon Allen and Drew Morgan do.

Unfortunately for Mallett, no NFL team has figured out the way that maximizes his strength and ability.    Sort of reminds me of Hershel Walker's foray in the NFL as he, like Mallett, was such a freak of nature that no one ever figured out how to use them properly.   
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

bennyl08

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 11, 2017, 12:34:13 pm
Unfortunately for Mallett, no NFL team has figured out the way that maximizes his strength and ability.    Sort of reminds me of Hershel Walker's foray in the NFL as he, like Mallett, was such a freak of nature that no one ever figured out how to use them properly.   

I think the problem with Mallett is that you have to let him loose.

Typically, the approach you go with is to start small and work your way up to bigger things. Mallett's small game is his weakest. He's not that great of a game manager. He's much more of a Cutler type of qb, and that isn't what a lot of teams are looking for. You need to let Mallett use his rocket arm, throw the ball deep, throw some interceptions but also make some throws that most other starting qb's in the NFL can't make. Then work on reining in on those picks.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

SugarHillGaHog

Cobi has hand a couple nice snags and a touchdown for the Steelers so far.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogfan14

August 13, 2017, 09:34:10 pm #66 Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:51:22 pm by hogfan14
Dang, Alex not helping himself with the drop on 4th down. 7th round rookie Chris Carson got into the game before him. Hope he can make it but Seattle has a lot of RBs.

And shortly after I say that he scores a TD lol

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

alohawg

Hope AC is okay after that td.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: alohawg on August 13, 2017, 09:48:23 pm
Hope AC is okay after that td.

Did he appear injured outside of hanging his head on the bench afterwards? I didn't see anything.

ADavisTheGOAT

Looks like Alex Collins threw up after that touchdown
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

greenEGnHAWGS

razorbacksnum1

No one talking about Hunter Henry? Looked great for LAC. Sat after first series.

daprospecta

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on August 13, 2017, 10:34:44 pm
No one talking about Hunter Henry? Looked great for LAC. Sat after first series.
I think we all know HH is headed for future pro bowl years.  Updates at this stage are not really needed haha.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: DLUXHOG on August 11, 2017, 12:34:13 pm

Walker went to two pro bowls. Mallett will not. Team only throws so many bombs a game. Have to move the chains too.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

jbcarol

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on August 13, 2017, 09:32:02 pm
Zach Hocker signs with Bucs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/buccaneers-replace-released-k-roberto-aguayo-former-arkansas-k-zach-hocker/amp/

Scott Smith‏Verified account @ScottSBucs 16h16 hours ago

Zach Hocker, the kicker signed by the Bucs on Sunday, played for the Saints and Rams in 2015, was 10-14 on FGs.

QuoteHocker played for two teams during the 2015 regular season, appearing in six games with the New Orleans Saints and two with the St. Louis Rams. In that time he made 10 of 14 field goal attempts, with a long of 51, and 12 of 13 extra point tries. He also punted once for 43 yards while with the Saints. Hocker performed well on kickoffs in 2015, producing nine touchbacks on 12 attempts.

The Washington Redskins drafted Hocker out of Arkansas in the seventh round in 2014 but waived him at the end of his first preseason and giving the job to Kai Forbath. Hocker didn't play in the league in 2014 but signed with the Miami Dolphins the following January. Though he was eventually released by the Dolphins, he ended up in New Orleans, where he won a preseason battle with kicker Dustin Hopkins and started the season as the Saints' kicker.

Coincidentally, the Saints later waived Hocker after six games and signed Forbath, who had been released by Washington after the Redskins signed Hopkins. Hocker later filled in briefly for the Rams while Greg Zuerlein was injured. Hocker also went to training camp with the Cincinnati Bengals last year.

Hocker (6-0, 189) spent four years as the Razorbacks' kicker, making 61 of 79 career field goal tries and 171 of 173 extra point attempts. As a senior, he was perfect on 28 PATs while making 13 of 15 field goals. He hails from Russellville...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on August 13, 2017, 10:34:44 pm

Loved the Gates interview during last nights game when the reporter almost hesitated when asking about HH basically being there to replace him. Gates just laughed and was very complementary of HH and said it was like a big bro/little bro relationship.

hawginbigd1

May be reading too much into it, but AC coming into the game when he did, and the way his team was reacting after he dropped the pass and when he scored seemed to be a sense of them maybe knowing something about his future in Seattle.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Fatty McGee on August 14, 2017, 02:01:49 am
Walker went to two pro bowls. Mallett will not. Team only throws so many bombs a game. Have to move the chains too.

In spite of ownership and coaches not remotely comprehending how to use him.   His pro bowls were of his own doing.....

bennyl08

Official Stats from week 1 of the preseason

Drew Morgan: 0 receptions off of 4 targets.
JWill: 4 carries 39 yards, long of 17, 1 rec 7 yards on 1 target
J. Wright: 1 reception for 9 yards on 2 targets
C. Jefferson: Didn't watch the game, but he did have a false start
Mallett: 9/18, 58 yards, 1 sack for 0 yards.
Sprinkle: 1 reception, 1 target, 5 yards.
Spaight: No stats to report
B. Allen: 5/7, 85 yards, 1 td, 0 sacks, 1 carry, 5 yards (first down).
C. Hollister: no stats but his twin brother Jacob had a stellar night with the pats
Loewen: 2 total (1 solo), 1.5 sacks, 3 qb hits
D. Wise Jr: 2 assisted tackles
Flowers: Nothing
Ellis: Nothing
Peters: no stats to report
AJ Derby: 1 target, no receptions
K. Davis: 8 carries 34 yards (4.3) long of 11. 1 reception 5 yards, 2 targets, 1 KR for 15 yards
C. Hamilton: 2 receptions, 72 yards 1 td, 2 targets, long of 44, 1 solo tackle, 1 KR for 19 yards
R. Thomas: no stats
C. Smith: 3 total tackles (1 solo), 1 TFL, 2 qb hits
C. Gragg: no stats, recently traded to jets
D. McFadden: 6 carries, 28 yards (4.7 ypc), long of 7, 1 rec for 8 yards on 4 targets,
Irwin-Hill: 1/1 on XP, 6 punts, 39.8 avg, 2 inside 20, long of 53
K. Hatcher: 0 receptions on 1 target
D. Kirkland: no stats
J. Ledbetter: 1 asst tackle, 1 pass defended, 1 qb hit
T. Swanson: no stats
T. Mitchel: 1 solo tackle
A. Collins: 6 carries, 9 yards (1.5 ypc), long of 3, 1 td, 2 rec 17 yards on 3 targets
H. Henry: 1 rec 17 yards 1 target
D. Philon: no stats

MountainHomeHogger

Tevin Mitchel was toast on Sunday
"Corner Tevin Mitchel was abjectly abused all day long. If there was a question coming into the game about whether Mitchel deserved to be starting ahead of Wilson, he clearly answered that question. He was outmatched or out of position, and generally ineffective all day long as Lions quarterbacks picked him apart. He has real work to do if he hopes to put different images in the heads of coaches and fans."

air

We went to last Friday's Seahawks training camp with my kids and we all noticed the other RBs getting more reps with the 1's than AC.  Alex was playing a lot more special team than we saw in last year's training camp where we got his autograph and photos with him.  The other RBs were great in practice last week so it's going to be a battle to get that 3rd/4th RB spot this year.  AC caught every pass thrown to him in practice last Friday and was sad he wasn't able to pull in the ball last night.  Hope he makes the cut as I think other teams will snatch him if he gets put on practice squad.

A Hogwork Orange

August 15, 2017, 11:34:48 am #83 Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:47:00 am by A Hogwork Orange
Hey bennyl08, sorry for stealing your thing but I got pretty bored at work.

Preseason Week 2 Schedule:

Thursday: Tampa Bay @ Jacksonville: Brandon Allen with the Jags, Zach Hocker with the Bucs
Baltimore @ Miami: Ryan Mallet with the Ravens, Drew Morgan with the Dolphins
Buffalo @ Philadelphia: Jonathan Williams and Cameron Jefferson with the Bills, Jason Peters with the Eagles

Friday: Minnesota @ Seattle: Jarius Wright with the Vikings, Alex Collins with the Seahawks

Saturday: Denver @ San Francisco: AJ Derby with the Broncos
New England @ Houston: Brooks Ellis, Trey Flowers, Cody Hollister, and Detrich Wise with the Patriots
New York Jets @ Detroit: Chris Gragg with the Jets, Jared Ledbetter and Travis Swanson with the Lions
LA Rams @ Oakland: Keon Hatcher and Denver Kirkland with the Raiders
Green Bay @ Washington: Jeremy Sprinkle and Martrell Spaight with the Redskins
NY Giants @ Cleveland: Robert Thomas with the Giants
Kansas City @ Cincinnati: Chris Smith with the Bengals

Sunday: Atlanta @ Pittsburgh: Knile Davis and Cobi Hamilton with the Steelers
New Orleans @ LA Chargers: Hunter Henry and Darius Philon with the Chargers, Mitch Loewen with the Saints
Indianapolis @ Dallas: Javontee Herndon, Sam Irvin-Hill, Dan Skipper and Darren McFadden with the Cowboys, Tevin Mitchel with the Colts

Let me know if I forgot someone!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: A Hogwork Orange on August 15, 2017, 11:34:48 am
Hey bennyl08, sorry for stealing your thing but I got pretty bored at work.

Preseason Week 2 Schedule:

Thursday: Tampa Bay @ Jacksonville: Brandon Allen with the Jags, Zach Hocker with the Bucs
Baltimore @ Miami: Ryan Mallet with the Ravens, Drew Morgan with the Dolphins
Buffalo @ Philadelphia: Jonathan Williams and Cameron Jefferson with the Bills, Jason Peters with the Eagles

Friday: Minnesota @ Seattle: Jarius Wright with the Vikings, Alex Collins with the Seahawks

Saturday: Denver @ San Francisco: AJ Derby with the Broncos
New England @ Houston: Brooks Ellis, Trey Flowers, Cody Hollister, and Detrich Wise with the Patriots
New York Jets @ Detroit: Chris Gragg with the Jets, Jared Ledbetter and Travis Swanson with the Lions
LA Rams @ Oakland: Keon Hatcher and Denver Kirkland with the Raiders
Green Bay @ Washington: Jeremy Sprinkle and Martrell Spaight with the Redskins
NY Giants @ Cleveland: Robert Thomas with the Giants
Kansas City @ Cincinnati: Chris Smith with the Bengals

Sunday: Atlanta @ Pittsburgh: Knile Davis and Cobi Hamilton with the Steelers
New Orleans @ LA Chargers: Hunter Henry and Darius Philon with the Chargers, Mitch Loewen with the Saints
Indianapolis @ Dallas: Javontee Herndon, Sam Irvin-Hill, and Darren McFadden with the Cowboys, Tevin Mitchel with the Colts

Let me know if I forgot someone!

Dan Skipper with the Cowboys...

A Hogwork Orange

Knile Shows Ability to Create

"Brief film room study today before it's off to camp. The battle for the #3 running back spot has heated up. Fitzgerald Toussaint has held his own and looks steady as ever. Terrell Watson has been something of a camp sleeper who seems like a lock to make the practice squad. But Knile Davis has surprised me maybe the most. Not only is he well-rounded, can catch, block, return, what he's showing as a runner is attractive."

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/film-room-knile-davis-shows-ability-create/

Trey Flowers on OMF (video)

"Trey Flowers joins OMF straight after practice at Gillette. Flowers talks about  his goals, how Bill Belichick handles joint practices, why players get kicked out of practice, and Tom Brady's diet."

http://www.weei.com/media/audio-channel/omf-trey-flowers-emerging-starter-why-he-cant-do-tom-bradys-diet-8-14-17

Keon Hatcher with a couple good grabs

"Undrafted receiver Keon Hatcher had a nice catch, hauling in a deep volley from backup quarterback EJ Manuel. He also made a good grab working with Connor Cook. "

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/csn/raiders/Practice_report__Several_star_Raiders_expected_to_sit_vs__Cardinals-439755843.html

Belichick on Hollister: Patriots 'fortunate' to land him as an undrafted rookie

""[Hollister] had a good spring workout. We also worked out his brother at Arkansas and then Jacob actually trained at Arkansas with his brother in the spring. Obviously, he was pretty committed to playing football, was in a good training program and when the opportunity came after the draft to fill out our roster, he was one of the players that we approached and we were fortunate to be able to sign him.""

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/belichick-hollister-patriots-fortunate-land-him-undrafted-rookie

Kirkland Injured

"The Raiders know by now whether what appeared to be a knee injury against Arizona is something that will keep him sidelined for a while."

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/14/raiders-in-napa-five-issues-to-resolve-as-camp-winds-down/

Mallett Struggles

"More on Mallett: It seems that every Ravens preseason game will be a referendum on Mallett's ability as a quarterback. The increased scrutiny is understandable, given Flacco's back concerns and Colin Kaepernick's availability."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-ravens-news-and-notes-20170814-story.html

Chris Smith Shines in Debut

"While it may not been a very good night for the Bengals' defensive front as a whole, Smith certainly proved to be worth the cost of admission. And he graded out as the Bengals' top pass rusher on the evening, earning a mark of 89.4 from Pro Football Focus, which is a very solid grade."

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/8/12/16137612/former-jaguars-de-chris-smith-shines-bengals-debut

Wise Injured

"One of the Pats' key injuries is to defensive end Deatrich Wise, who suffered a head injury during the team's 31-24 loss to the Jaguars Thursday night. Wise was present at practice today, but did not participate in padded drills."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/08/14/patriots-injury-update-deatrich-wise-present-but-not-practicing/

A Hogwork Orange

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: air on August 14, 2017, 06:52:35 pm
We went to last Friday's Seahawks training camp with my kids and we all noticed the other RBs getting more reps with the 1's than AC.  Alex was playing a lot more special team than we saw in last year's training camp where we got his autograph and photos with him.  The other RBs were great in practice last week so it's going to be a battle to get that 3rd/4th RB spot this year.  AC caught every pass thrown to him in practice last Friday and was sad he wasn't able to pull in the ball last night.  Hope he makes the cut as I think other teams will snatch him if he gets put on practice squad.

At this point, I wish they'd just cut him and allow him to go to another team that doesn't have 23 RBs on their rosters.

alohawg

Cowboys waived Herndon today.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

31to6

Quote from: A Hogwork Orange on August 15, 2017, 12:06:57 pm
Wise Injured

"One of the Pats' key injuries is to defensive end Deatrich Wise, who suffered a head injury during the team's 31-24 loss to the Jaguars Thursday night. Wise was present at practice today, but did not participate in padded drills."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/08/14/patriots-injury-update-deatrich-wise-present-but-not-practicing/
That knee to the head really rung his bell. It looked to me like he was having issues with balance going down the stairs as he was being helped to the locker room.

Hope he recovers quickly!

greenEGnHAWGS

Jeremy Sprinkle: C+ A fifth round tight end from Arkansas, Sprinkle came to the Redskins with a reputation as a tough blocker. That didn't seem to show up early in camp, though the second week Sprinkle started to use his big body much more effectively. Even better for Sprinkle, he showed late in Richmond that he can be more than a blocker, as some soft hands got on display. Sprinkle is the player that might force Jay Gruden to keep four tight ends.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/redskins-rookie-report-card-who-performed-well-training-camp

alohawg

Dang it, Jerry, Trey coulda been the pass rusher we need in Dallas.  ::)
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

bennyl08

Collins with some nice runs, but just had to fumble it. Terrible fumble. Could be what seals his fate with the hawks.

alohawg

In what was already an uphill battle, AC my have just sealed his fate in Seattle with a fumble inside the 5 going in. Hope he catches on somewhere else.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

greenEGnHAWGS

Reading some of the Seattle sports writers, sounds like the writing is on the wall for AC. Hope he gets picked up by a solid team.

jbcarol

hogfan14

Hatcher was the Raiders' second leading receiver tonight...3 catches for 33 yards

alohawg

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on August 19, 2017, 09:35:44 am
Reading some of the Seattle sports writers, sounds like the writing is on the wall for AC. Hope he gets picked up by a solid team.

One of the Florida teams? Jacksonville or Miami are both loaded, but a glance at the TB depth chart makes me think maybe.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

bennyl08

Quote from: alohawg on August 20, 2017, 01:00:33 pm
One of the Florida teams? Jacksonville or Miami are both loaded, but a glance at the TB depth chart makes me think maybe.

Not exactly teams that are solid, but I could see the Giants or the Lions having interest. Giants haven't had a rushing game since Bradshaw and are relying on Perkins to be their back this year. Lions have also struggled to have a running game and don't have any inspiring candidates this year.