Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defense

Started by arslp, January 18, 2018, 07:02:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arslp

According to KFSM we're ranked #260 in defense.
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

3of5-2

No way, we are no worse than #250

Roadhog82

We need to abandon the full court press. We don't have the personnel to pull it off against most teams. It would be different if we had the Clint McDaniel, Roger Crawford types of defenders, but we don't. We need to play to our strengths and quit wearing our own players out for no reason. I mean Florida had 4 turnovers all game

niels_boar

Quote from: Roadhog82 on January 18, 2018, 07:29:40 pm
We need to abandon the full court press. We don't have the personnel to pull it off against most teams. It would be different if we had the Clint McDaniel, Roger Crawford types of defenders, but we don't. We need to play to our strengths and quit wearing our own players out for no reason. I mean Florida had 4 turnovers all game

We weren't pressing or trapping against UF when we lost contact.  Pomeroy has us at #88 in defensive efficiency.  He takes into account quality of opposition.  However, we were in the 40's not so long ago.  The defense being bad is an SEC phenomenon.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.