Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Staff comparisons with other SEC schools

Started by Razorfox, January 11, 2018, 12:51:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorfox

Now that the  coaching staff is completed, how do we look in comparison to the rest of the SEC schools that just got new coaching staffs?  I haven't read or heard anything about Tennessee, Florida, or MS State, and very little about A&M. 

Hogindasticks

We need a couple more analysts on each side of the ball I think....more eyes..won't miss anything.

Bash

The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Bash on January 11, 2018, 01:00:28 pm
I think the OP is looking for opinions and analysis, not a literal list of coaches.

I think OP stated he doesn't know much about the staffs, so to aid him in forming his own opinion I provided him an avenue to inform himself.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 11, 2018, 01:02:14 pm
I think OP stated he doesn't know much about the staffs, so to aid him in forming his own opinion I provided him an avenue to inform himself.

Excuse me, sir.  This is 2018.  The act of looking up information for oneself is antiquated in today's society.  The proper method of obtaining information is to read posts from like-minded people on internet message boards and social media.  An opinion is only valid if repeated over and over, then replicated in meme form. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 11, 2018, 12:59:52 pm
We need a couple more analysts on each side of the ball I think....more eyes..won't miss anything.

Just a couple?  Seems like Bama has one for each starter.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 11, 2018, 01:21:44 pm
Just a couple?  Seems like Bama has one for each starter.

It's amazing how Saban can make those halftime adjustments...

Flrazrback

I haven't seen the meme.. but we do tend to be redundant here at times.

FraggleHog

Speaking of analysts... are there any rules/ restrictions by the NCAA as to how many you are able to have?
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Razorfox

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on January 11, 2018, 01:09:25 pm
Excuse me, sir.  This is 2018.  The act of looking up information for oneself is antiquated in today's society.  The proper method of obtaining information is to read posts from like-minded people on internet message boards and social media.  An opinion is only valid if repeated over and over, then replicated in meme form. 

It was actually just meant to be a conversation starter, but it seems people aren't too interested, so that's fine. 

steveaustin69

+1

okrazorback

Ask this question after we see how they perform.

BrokerHawg

Bottom 3rd.
Besides the "chief" just a bunch of SMU baby faced assts.

Nobody wanted them but the Hogs so we are at the bottom third until we win-which I hope is sooner than later!

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: BrokerHawg on January 12, 2018, 02:55:58 pm
Bottom 3rd.

Nobody wanted them but the Hogs so we are at the bottom third until we win-which I hope is sooner than later!

Ron Cooper isn't from SMU... Steve Caldwell isn't from SMU.

HogHomer

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on January 12, 2018, 02:57:39 pm
Ron Cooper isn't from SMU... Steve Caldwell isn't from SMU.
Traylor was at Texas and was seen as their top recruiter during his stay. Barry Lunney is an Arkansas guy that has proven to be a reliable recruiter.

The OC is a Morris disciple who has been with him for his coaching career. Knows the system better than anyone. Morris has said that him and Craddock work together on the offensive game planning and play calling.

Why would he want to bring in someone who he will have to teach his system when he is trying to instill it at his new school?

Sounds like his guy didn't get the HC job and he will never support this staff.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The_Bionic_Pig

Bottom 3rd.

You may have accidently included the sub-coaches in your analogy. Most of the Offense does have Texas flavor/connections
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jackflash

Like this staff can't wait to see how they recruit especially Texas

ricepig

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 11, 2018, 03:15:39 pm
Speaking of analysts... are there any rules/ restrictions by the NCAA as to how many you are able to have?

Currently, I don't think so, but I believe there may be a proposal to be voted on soon. I know it was wanting to limit those available to be involved in recruiting, as to total number, I don't know.

VBMark

Fact!

I remember how when I first raised Morris as the next head Hog I got torched, because it did not fit into the bucket of folks that Hogville wanted, ala the losing HC from the SEC Championship game that also lost to the mid-major; the former Alabama OC, now at some minor Florida school as HC; and the Hogville back-up from Memphis that can't gamble his way out of the River City fast enough.

Chad Morris is ready to hang half a hundred on somebody.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

SooieGeneris

Morris got roasted on here by some for promoting an off field analyst to a coaching role as the 10th guy. Petrino just promoted an off field analyst to an on field role at Louisville as the 10th guy. BP will probably be hailed as a visionary for doing so by the same people.

I know, I know, BP was 21-5 his last 2 years here, Morris hasn't proven anything here yet. But there were people wanting Petrino gone after his first year here yielded a 5-7 record that was a few plays from being 0-12. I recall bumper stickers that read: "Go back to Atlanta, Bobby."

Some Hogville coaching gurus said he wasn't even as good as Hooty. I knew better, that first year with Dick at QB (read that anyway you want) and a 170 lb RB and a bunch of freshmen WRs, Petrino did good to get to 5 wins. A bad coach, like say Bert, would have been 3-9 or worse with freshmen and Hooty leftovers.

If Morris has a 5-7 record or so next season, I hope some will remember that Petrino's era took awhile to get going with a drastic change in philosophies..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

jgphillips3

Our defensive staff is absolutely solid.  Since Morris, like BP, IS the offense and the offensive staff is literally just implementing his wishes, I'd say we have a dang good staff.  The only two minds that count here are Morris' offense and Chavus' defense.  I would rank the combination of the two as one of the better ones in the SEC on paper.  Time will tell how well it all really comes together but I'm looking forward to it: an aggressive offense and an aggressive defense...should be a lot of fun.

King Kong

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 14, 2018, 04:00:34 pm
Morris got roasted on here by some for promoting an off field analyst to a coaching role as the 10th guy. Petrino just promoted an off field analyst to an on field role at Louisville as the 10th guy. BP will probably be hailed as a visionary for doing so by the same people.

I know, I know, BP was 21-5 his last 2 years here, Morris hasn't proven anything here yet. But there were people wanting Petrino gone after his first year here yielded a 5-7 record that was a few plays from being 0-12. I recall bumper stickers that read: "Go back to Atlanta, Bobby."

Some Hogville coaching gurus said he wasn't even as good as Hooty. I knew better, that first year with Dick at QB (read that anyway you want) and a 170 lb RB and a bunch of freshmen WRs, Petrino did good to get to 5 wins. A bad coach, like say Bert, would have been 3-9 or worse with freshmen and Hooty leftovers.

If Morris has a 5-7 record or so next season, I hope some will remember that Petrino's era took awhile to get going with a drastic change in philosophies..

No Petrino hiring his son in law was also terrible hire.

TXArcher

That wasn't the worst hire of the Petrino period.

racinghog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 14, 2018, 04:00:34 pm

What is in the respective resume?

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

racinghog

If they limited the analysts to zero per team as it should be in my opinion, the State of Alabama's unemployment rate would go up at least one percentage point.

VBMark wants us all to know that he was onboard with Chad Morris as the new HC all along.  And so it is.  Now, if Chad happens to suck as did Bret, what is the over under in number of days before VBMark had never heard of Morris before the idiots on the hill, once again, made the entirely wrong hire.

Con el Cerdos

Like all the other new staffs, ours is making a lot of bold statements regarding changes that will make our players better.  Just like BB did when he was hired.

I think a lot on this board will be surprised by this staff.  Others not so much.

farmhawg

Bottom 3rd.

I bet they win and win a lot more than your Brett.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Al Boarland

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on January 15, 2018, 11:56:42 am
Like all the other new staffs, ours is making a lot of bold statements regarding changes that will make our players better.  Just like BB did when he was hired.

I think a lot on this board will be surprised by this staff.  Others not so much.

Nailed IT. It's talking time. Every new hire has their schtick. Some fans sop it up with a biscuit. Others take a more reserved approach. And others still love to work their analytics magic to paint a picture.

That's what's great about CFB.