Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So, does Pel get an extension or raise?

Started by HeathWimp, March 25, 2010, 08:55:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeathWimp

11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

thirtythree

I think a rollover is typical. I don't think he should get a raise.

Lakerhog

Not until he proves that he can win consistently.

board

Spider-Pig

he doesn't deserve anything. He should give some money back

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: Spider-Pig on March 25, 2010, 09:09:32 pm
he doesn't deserve anything. He should give some money back

The UofA could dock his pay for any time he's late.  That might put him below minimum wage though.
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

TaylorLite

Quote from: HeathWimp on March 25, 2010, 08:55:18 pm
nm
Do not know.  Probably up to the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor/Athletic Director as to he does or does not.

jackflash

Long was able to get him another year. Would not think they would rollover his contract and add the too the buyout next year. If it doesn't go well.

Boarford T. Justice

Let's give him a raise to 2 million and lower the buyout to a $1.....we might come out better!
#FreeMarquel

benthere

Pel gets one more year until ALL his appeals run out.

The Boar War

He will get an extension.  You almost have to do it for recruiting if you're not going to fire him.  I also think the buyout is lowered.

No1Hog27

3kgthog

You don't have to do it for recruiting. That's a lie ADs tell. You think a kid cares if Pel's contract says 3 years remaining instead of 2?

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: The Boar War on March 26, 2010, 07:36:02 am
He will get an extension.  You almost have to do it for recruiting if you're not going to fire him.  I also think the buyout is lowered.

His contract is through 2014.  Why extend it further?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

DoubleJ

He deserves one.  He's a great coach, guys.  We need to lock him down before Kentucky comes after him.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: thirtythree on March 25, 2010, 08:58:24 pm
I think a rollover is typical. I don't think he should get a raise.

This is what I would expect to happen.  It's the norm.

The Boar War

March 26, 2010, 10:42:46 am #16 Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:44:46 am by The Boar War
Quote from: 3kgthog on March 26, 2010, 09:14:13 am
You don't have to do it for recruiting. That's a lie ADs tell. You think a kid cares if Pel's contract says 3 years remaining instead of 2?

It's the same thing as a lame duck president.  Usually nothing gets done in the last term.  I think kids are smart enough to figure out that if Pelphrey doesn't get it done this year he's gone.  However when they ask him if he'll even be their coach he can at least give them an honest answer by saying I'm on contract through 20 whatever. 

I'm not saying that he deserves a roll over but there's no reason to further damage our chances with the 2011 kids.  Also if they renegotiate his contract he can ask for an extension and we can counter with a lower buyout.  I would much rather give him an extension with a lower buyout because of the potential of a much lower cost.  The savings could be used towards finding his replacement. 

I don't think the wool is over anyone's eyes at this point.  Pelphrey knows he has to win big next year.  Long knows he has to have a legitimate exit strategy.

XX

I definitely think a raise is in order.......from the swift kick to his backside. ;)
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!