Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Demarcus Townsend RB

Started by logand02, February 15, 2017, 01:37:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

logand02

navyhog24

ricepig

jabberjawls

You may need to be a little more specific about what it is that reminds you of MD.

trphog

ricepig

Quote from: trphog on February 15, 2017, 05:58:24 pm
He likes fat girls?

Ain't no Arkansas up in here, or something like that, if my failing memory is correct.

logand02

Quote from: jabberjawls on February 15, 2017, 03:55:41 pm
You may need to be a little more specific about what it is that reminds you of MD.

His running style and build.

theshiva

I think with the depth we have at rb we'll only take 1 this year, unless Day leaves. That tells me we're going to be more selective, so unless they really believe he's a real diamond in the rough, they'll try to bring in a blue chip first.

Trey1981

Quote from: theshiva on February 16, 2017, 09:04:02 am
I think with the depth we have at rb we'll only take 1 this year, unless Day leaves. That tells me we're going to be more selective, so unless they really believe he's a real diamond in the rough, they'll try to bring in a blue chip first.

I hope that you are correct. Arkansas should be able to bring in one high level guy per year. We've done it regularly over the Bielema era outside of one year where there was too much depth (Collins / JW)

Cure

Runs more like J.Will to me, save for running out the gun.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

VBMark

Michael Dyer was  a 5 star in high school
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

logand02

Dyer was a 5 star, Dyer was the MVP of a Nation Championship, Dyer attended Little Rock Christion, Dyer attended Louisville. I love Dyer facts!

Townsend is a 3 star and has only been offered by 1 SEC school.... therefore they can't possibly have anything in common. No way he accomplishes anything. I mean, just look at David Johnson.

A 3 star can't make it into the NFL and a 5 star is a 1st round guarantee.

For the love, why are people so argumentative.

This post was about a solid high school running back with interest in the Hogs. The Dyer comparison was to relay a familiar running backs build and running style to a new target. Nothing more.

Heaven forbid any one compares two football players.

Just watch the young mans highlights. Be proud he might end up a hog and have a successful career.

lumphog

Patients, Power & Vision....I'll take it !!!!

jdevers

The reason he shouldn't be compared to Dyer is his build is nothing like Dyers.  He is 2-3 inches taller and weights almost 20lb less (5'9" and 215lb versus 5'11" 192lb) than Dyer who was a bowing ball, this kid looks built more like a thicker wide receiver.  He may turn into a great RB, this isn't a judgement of his abilities just that he physically doesn't even resemble Dyer.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: logand02 on February 18, 2017, 08:02:09 pm
Dyer was a 5 star, Dyer was the MVP of a Nation Championship, Dyer attended Little Rock Christion, Dyer attended Louisville. I love Dyer facts!

Townsend is a 3 star and has only been offered by 1 SEC school.... therefore they can't possibly have anything in common. No way he accomplishes anything. I mean, just look at David Johnson.

A 3 star can't make it into the NFL and a 5 star is a 1st round guarantee.

For the love, why are people so argumentative.

This post was about a solid high school running back with interest in the Hogs. The Dyer comparison was to relay a familiar running backs build and running style to a new target. Nothing more.

Heaven forbid any one compares two football players.

Just watch the young mans highlights. Be proud he might end up a hog and have a successful career.
I would humbly suggest that like the rest of us who've been on HV for a while in order to keep your sanity just learn to accept the fact that some posters are going to negative no matter what. I honestly believe that for a select few "misery loves company" is their mantra and the only way they survive. May not like it, however, that's the way it is sometimes.

mhuff

I was under the impression that 3 star can become 4 star.

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

logand02

When watching Townsend's highlights one may notice a very hard runner whom spins out of and breaks a lot of tackles. He shows determination in not going to the ground. Good speed and appears to be a very thick built young man. Reminds me of a running back I personally watched in an Arkansas high school a few years back... heaven forbid I speak his name because he was a little shorter. Therefore no similarities can exist.

Yes, according to 247 he is listed at 5'11" but on his junior film he looks shorter than that to me.  I'm impressed by him as a running back and would love for him to be a Hog.

ricepig

Quote from: mhuff on February 19, 2017, 12:55:14 pm
I was under the impression that 3 star can become 4 star.

Only when he signs with Bama, come one man, you've been around this game long enough to know that!

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2017, 03:02:58 pm
Only when he signs with Bama, come one man, you've been around this game long enough to know that!

Don't forget OU now too.

zane

RIP LSUfan

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: lumphog on February 18, 2017, 10:06:00 pm
Patients, Power & Vision....I'll take it !!!!

I like him too, but he scares me with his refusal to go down. I would hold my breath every time he took the rock. Watching him rip his legs out of those ankle tackles just looks dangerous...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

theshiva

Picked up offers from Tennessee and UCLA. Might be a break out candidate soon.

tusksincolorado

Love me some Naples/Ft. Myers/Sanibel....sign that guy up!!!!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: tusksincolorado on April 13, 2017, 10:03:01 am

Agreed! Good kids from that area can play some ball. And clearly people are now catching on to this guy. Come on board young man.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Dominicanhog

combo of TJ and DJ... jitters like TJ and hard to bring down and bounces off like DJ..... continues the construction of that FLA pipeline...

HogBreath

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on March 07, 2017, 05:54:18 pm
I like him too, but he scares me with his refusal to go down. I would hold my breath every time he took the rock. Watching him rip his legs out of those ankle tackles just looks dangerous...
Yeah, me too. I prefer running backs who are easily tackled or will just run out of bounds at the first opportunity.  No need for all that fighting for yardage foolishness.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hawgmasta

Quote from: tusksincolorado on April 13, 2017, 10:03:01 am

Yep. I'll take a 3 star from south Florida who starts to pick up offers later. If tenn, ucla and the hogs have offered he will be getting a lot more big ones. Let's hope he picks us.

NoogaHog

Yeah, I'm gonna go with the JWill comparison here. Strong powerful MANSOME runner.

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

rljjr

I love that he doesn't quit. I know these are the clips he picked, but he doesn't look like a player to go down from arm tackles. Rooting for you, Demarcus Townsend.

Razorbacker79

Strong runner, I like it.  Reminds me some of Roger Craig without the high knee action.  Runs straight up but still hard to bring down.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!