Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GA #1 DL Robert Cooper

Started by Vcloudv, February 09, 2017, 02:07:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vcloudv

I posted this in the CJSJ thread in MMQB but I figured I'd re-post here also.

http://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Cooper-82463

CJSJ is hitting the ground running.
He has already offered the #1 DL in Georgia.

He re-tweeted this when CJSJ was announced

https://twitter.com/OLINEPRIDE/status/829066497637117952

Then he posted this

https://twitter.com/trenchmonster8/status/829323813447954433

https://twitter.com/recruitvidzapp/status/829356629342707713

Its a long shot but I'm glad hes hitting the ground running!

Edit* added his 24/7 bio

Steef

Nice.

Can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

ricepig

Quote from: Steef on February 09, 2017, 02:11:13 pm
Nice.

Can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

Yeah, but that dang 292,000,000 to 1 chance doesn't leave one much hope.

grayhawg

He's been out of college coaching for 2 years, how can he be recruiting this quick?

Steef

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2017, 02:20:26 pm
Yeah, but that dang 292,000,000 to 1 chance doesn't leave one much hope.

Buzzkill.

King Kong

Quote from: grayhawg on February 09, 2017, 02:37:59 pm
He's been out of college coaching for 2 years, how can he be recruiting this quick?

And without a twitter account

HOGINTENNESSEE

Well he at Georgia Southern for many years. I'm sure he has plenty of connections in GA.

Will that make an impact? Hope so but I'm skeptical as GA hasn't been that great for us

Wildhog

It's not difficult to offer someone.

It'd be a coup to land Cooper.  We need him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

grayhawg

What about the recruiting certification for coaches he has to have to recruit?

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars/recruiting-certification-test-coaches

Wonder when CBB hired him? Maybe a week or two ago and he's already took the test?

King Kong

Quote from: grayhawg on February 09, 2017, 03:36:16 pm

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars/recruiting-certification-test-coaches

Wonder when CBB hired him? Maybe a week or two ago and he's already took the test?

My understanding is you can take the test and get approved same day you get hired

grayhawg

Quote from: King Kong on February 09, 2017, 03:47:42 pm
My understanding is you can take the test and get approved same day you get hired
Didn't know that, the NCAA is so slow on everything else I never imagined it could be done in a day.

Inhogswetrust

February 09, 2017, 04:30:43 pm #11 Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:15:07 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: grayhawg on February 09, 2017, 03:49:53 pm
Didn't know that, the NCAA is so slow on everything else I never imagined it could be done in a day.

Considering he had prior NCAA experience and thus had passed the test then I bet he could have passed it very fast again. Not many rule changes in two years.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

RazorPiggie

RD had him in his Wednesday Bits. Said that Cooper has Arkansas ties. Anyone know what that means?

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 09, 2017, 04:39:32 pm
RD had him in his Wednesday Bits. Said that Cooper has Arkansas ties. Anyone know what that means?

OnTheHillHogFan

His mom is from Arkansas
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Richard Davenport

Talked to Robert. Will have him in Sunday's column. Sharp young man.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: grayhawg on February 09, 2017, 03:49:53 pm

If it is an online test I am sure the results are virtually instant in nature.
Go Hogs Go!

HardingHog

Florida State commit. We'd probably be under NCAA investigation if we landed this kid  ;)

scorekeeper

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on February 09, 2017, 06:17:06 pm
If it is an online test I am sure the results are virtually instant in nature.
Along with the answers provided.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

LRHawg

Just get him on campus! Anything could happen.  :razorback:

Supermark101

Only a 4 star player. PASS, we can do better.

Serious question though, if he has Arkansas ties, why did it take so long to offer?

Potosihog

Quote from: grayhawg on February 09, 2017, 03:36:16 pm

Seems like I remember CBP getting hired, got on a plane for Arkansas, took the test and started recruiting the Warren boys before he hit the ground in Fayetteville.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Supermark101 on February 10, 2017, 03:12:48 am
Only a 4 star player. PASS, we can do better.

Serious question though, if he has Arkansas ties, why did it take so long to offer?
Unlike HDN, we don't go to the Rivals Top 300 list, offer everyone and hope for the best. A lot of vetting on a personal level is done before an offer is made.  Everyone has to be on the same page, EK Franks, Area recruiter, position coach, the coordinator and the head coach. 

HogFoo

After reading today's Dem/Gaz,  i'd say that the "Trenchmonster"  is ours.  He is currently committed to FSU, but after reading about his family ties to Arkansas and how everyone reacted in his family after he got the offer.  I say this guy is a future Hog.  And that would be great!  The kid is 6'3 355lbs , benched 455lbs at 15 yrs old?  Holy Crap.  Talk about a tree stump of a NG for our new 3-4 defense!  I'll take that!  Which he is a high 4* nearly 5*.   Now, if we can find a few more like him since we need more Trenchmonsters on the OLINE and Dline for this class!  Come on down Mr. Cooper!  You belong here man!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

HogFoo

read the Sunday dem/zette or watch Razorback nation, I'm sure RD will make a lot of Hog fans happy when he speaks about this young man's ties to Arkansas and how his family lived his arkansas offer.   Man, i would surely love getting this kid. This kid will be a pro one day.  Already looks like an NFL player and has the strength already.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

ricepig

Quote from: HogFoo on February 12, 2017, 07:21:33 pm
After reading today's Dem/Gaz,  i'd say that the "Trenchmonster"  is ours.  He is currently committed to FSU, but after reading about his family ties to Arkansas and how everyone reacted in his family after he got the offer.  I say this guy is a future Hog.  And that would be great!  The kid is 6'3 355lbs , benched 455lbs at 15 yrs old?  Holy Crap.  Talk about a tree stump of a NG for our new 3-4 defense!  I'll take that!  Which he is a high 4* nearly 5*.   Now, if we can find a few more like him since we need more Trenchmonsters on the OLINE and Dline for this class!  Come on down Mr. Cooper!  You belong here man!

Whoa, I'd slow down the euphoria, let's get him to campus and see how it goes from there.

HogFoo

Quote from: ricepig on February 12, 2017, 07:29:28 pm
Whoa, I'd slow down the euphoria, let's get him to campus and see how it goes from there.
I like the euphoria.  Rather be positive than like some others who post here. Which, the kid had mentioned he was gonna look into setting a visit.  I predict this kid is a future hog.  Mark it down.   Now just need a few more like him. 

Richard Davenport

Your hope is Arkansas can get him to campus when he visits family in the state. He's liked FSU for a long time so I wouldn't view the chances of flipping him very high.

zebradynasty

Yeah get him on campus and let the coaches really try to sell that although FSU is a good program that the defense we are switching to is best suited for him. We got some NFL coaching experience in how to run it. We would basically build our defense around him!

HogFoo

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 13, 2017, 09:40:55 am
Your hope is Arkansas can get him to campus when he visits family in the state. He's liked FSU for a long time so I wouldn't view the chances of flipping him very high.
true.  Which, it sounded like he'd make it to campus, and that is always the goal.  Pointing out the switch to the 3-4 with our new NFL coaches , and that it'd also  be built around him would be a very good selling point as well.   Like the saying goes, get him to campus, which I definitely think will happen, and see how it goes.   Of course also pointing out about the family already in arkansas can't hurt.  That's usually always a good thing. 

Tai_Mai_Shu

Quote from: Richard Davenport on February 13, 2017, 09:40:55 am

FATHAWG08

Getting him to Flip to Arkansas. Give Coach Scott a BIG Raise!!
I love off season Football!!

Wildhog

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 14, 2017, 12:50:34 pm
Getting him to Flip to Arkansas. Give Coach Scott a BIG Raise!!

Are you trying to say that Coach Scott deserves a big raise if he gets him to flip to Arkansas?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on February 14, 2017, 01:02:29 pm
Are you trying to say that Coach Scott deserves a big raise if he gets him to flip to Arkansas?

$15.4M buyout, baby!

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Wildhog on February 14, 2017, 01:02:29 pm
Can you name a player already  committed to a Top 5 program who flipped to Arkansas?

King Kong

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 14, 2017, 06:50:33 pm
Can you name a player already  committed to a Top 5 program who flipped to Arkansas?

Interested to hear your top 5 if FSU is in it

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

HogFoo

I want to say Joe Adams was going to go to USC but then came to arkansas.  I know he wasn't committed there but many thought he was a lock to go elsewhere.  Also, Alex collins wasn't going to be a hog until Bielema came here.  He was #1 RB and he would have went to Wisky.  They were a top 10 team then.   Seems like Pittman got into a few OL guys who were headed elsewhere.  Like Kirkland.  Many thought he was going t9 FSU when he came to arkansas.      That's just off the top of my head. 

Who knows if this kid will be a hog or not.  It always is a good sign when they have family connections to arkansas.  So, it's about getting the kid on campus and then seeing where it goes from there.  This kid obviously would be a perfect fit for what we are supposedly going to switch too.  So the coaches can work that angle to death about how they will "build their defense around d a kid like him".   So, hopefully we can get him on campus and just see how it goes from there.  I think hogs have a good shot with the kid.  But, time will tell.  If we have a pretty decent year and our switch to the 3-4 really works well, that'll surely help with him. 

FATHAWG08

Quote from: King Kong on February 14, 2017, 08:10:16 pm
Interested to hear your top 5 if FSU is in it
I would like to hear your top 5 as well

FATHAWG08

Quote from: HogFoo on February 14, 2017, 09:53:45 pm
I want to say Joe Adams was going to go to USC but then came to arkansas.  I know he wasn't committed there but many thought he was a lock to go elsewhere.  Also, Alex collins wasn't going to be a hog until Bielema came here.  He was #1 RB and he would have went to Wisky.  They were a top 10 team then.   Seems like Pittman got into a few OL guys who were headed elsewhere.  Like Kirkland.  Many thought he was going t9 FSU when he came to arkansas.      That's just off the top of my head. 

Who knows if this kid will be a hog or not.  It always is a good sign when they have family connections to arkansas.  So, it's about getting the kid on campus and then seeing where it goes from there.  This kid obviously would be a perfect fit for what we are supposedly going to switch too.  So the coaches can work that angle to death about how they will "build their defense around d a kid like him".   So, hopefully we can get him on campus and just see how it goes from there.  I think hogs have a good shot with the kid.  But, time will tell.  If we have a pretty decent year and our switch to the 3-4 really works well, that'll surely help with him.
Did we get anyone of those guys to flip to Arkansas?Do you remember that we had probably 10 Top 150 players the last 2 weekends of 2016 on campus & not one committed to Arkansas.

Supermark101

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 14, 2017, 10:48:18 pm

Clemson
Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
USC

Really you could argue for about 10 schools at 5, and FSU would he one. They've fallen slightly since Winston left.

hawgwash

Devwah Whaley flipped from Georgia, which may not be top 5 but certainly a perennial powerhouse and one of the top recruiting programs in the country so I think it goes to the point of your question. That's not to imply I'm optimistic Cooper will flip to us as I think that's  a huge long shot.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Supermark101 on February 15, 2017, 03:23:42 am
Clemson
Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
USC

Really you could argue for about 10 schools at 5, and FSU would he one. They've fallen slightly since Winston left.
agree with  this list

FATHAWG08

Quote from: hawgwash on February 15, 2017, 11:25:29 am
Devwah Whaley flipped from Georgia, which may not be top 5 but certainly a perennial powerhouse and one of the top recruiting programs in the country so I think it goes to the point of your question. That's not to imply I'm optimistic Cooper will flip to us as I think that's  a huge long shot.
He withdrew his commitment  from Georgia when Coach Richt got fired. Then he chose Arkansas. If Coach Richt had stayed at Georgia he would be at Georgia now. He visited Georgia the weekend after he visited Arkansas. He committed after his Georgia visit.   

HogFoo

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 14, 2017, 10:53:41 pm
Did we get anyone of those guys to flip to Arkansas?Do you remember that we had probably 10 Top 150 players the last 2 weekends of 2016 on campus & not one committed to Arkansas.
well, those players were headed elsewhere,  so I'd say yes.  We did get those players to flip to wanting to be hogs.  Some had arkansas ties. Some didnt.  This kid here has Arkansas ties.  Does he flip to the hogs?  Who knows.  But, Coach B definitely has some good angles to go at this kid with and if the hogs have a decent season.  Chances get even better.  Especially if he is visiting during a game where we kick the other teams butt in Fayetteville.    That's always a good pursuader. 

Every class that Bielema has brought to the hill has been better and better.  Gradually climbing up the ladder.  Look at clemson.    I think Bielema can do the same here.  This last class had 10 4*  and 13 3* guys in it and 4 or so of those 3*  could have been easily ranked a 4*  Now, if they had, this class probably would have been a borderline top10 recruiting class.  Which all of the stargazers would have maybe been happy then.  And I have no doubt had those high rated 3* guys went to bama, or auburn etc. They would have gotten the bump.  That's just how it is.  I'm not worried about it.

We got an area in recruits the coaches felt needed a boost.  I can't argue with it.  I wish we could have gotten another OL guy or DL guy in the class but we didnt.  But we got some very good defensive secondary guys to work with.  This next recruiting class will be filled with lots of DL and OL guys, and those classes usually aren't ranked as high as skill position recruits. 

I personally don't know how it's going to work with these new guys we've got from the NFL.  Obviously  coach B thinks we need to switch to the 3-4 so he got guys that he knew could teach it.  The last coach  we just hired learned from nick saban and he was supposedly the main guy who taught it to OU while he was there and they went on to kick bamas butt in the sugar bowl after the system was taught to them.  He then went to the NFL.  Now, are either of these 2 new guys good recruiters?  I don't know.  Bielema seems to think so from what I've heard.  Of course he relates how good a person is relatable too and how well of a communicator they are to how well they'll be able to recruit.   I hope that he is right.  Me myself, I kind of wish we would have went out and if Pittman was the #1 OL guy, i wish we would have got the #2 OL coach/recruiter.  If we needed a DL guy then I wish we would have opened the checkbook and went and got either the #1 or #2  or #3 top guy.  I wish we would do that down the list of coaches.  That's how you get a great coaching staff.  You open the checkbook.  And in the case of recruits that works too!  Hahahaha.

Anyways, back to this recruit here.  I think we have a shot with getting him.  Just get him on campus during a big game weekend, win the game (hopefully ), party with bishes, have a good time and see how it goes from there.     We get him or we dont, if not, move to the next man down the list. 

FATHAWG08

Quote from: HogFoo on February 15, 2017, 04:50:54 pm
well, those players were headed elsewhere,  so I'd say yes.  We did get those players to flip to wanting to be hogs.  Some had arkansas ties. Some didnt.  This kid here has Arkansas ties.  Does he flip to the hogs?  Who knows.  But, Coach B definitely has some good angles to go at this kid with and if the hogs have a decent season.  Chances get even better.  Especially if he is visiting during a game where we kick the other teams butt in Fayetteville.    That's always a good pursuader. 

Every class that Bielema has brought to the hill has been better and better.  Gradually climbing up the ladder.  Look at clemson.    I think Bielema can do the same here.  This last class had 10 4*  and 13 3* guys in it and 4 or so of those 3*  could have been easily ranked a 4*  Now, if they had, this class probably would have been a borderline top10 recruiting class.  Which all of the stargazers would have maybe been happy then.  And I have no doubt had those high rated 3* guys went to bama, or auburn etc. They would have gotten the bump.  That's just how it is.  I'm not worried about it.

We got an area in recruits the coaches felt needed a boost.  I can't argue with it.  I wish we could have gotten another OL guy or DL guy in the class but we didnt.  But we got some very good defensive secondary guys to work with.  This next recruiting class will be filled with lots of DL and OL guys, and those classes usually aren't ranked as high as skill position recruits. 

I personally don't know how it's going to work with these new guys we've got from the NFL.  Obviously  coach B thinks we need to switch to the 3-4 so he got guys that he knew could teach it.  The last coach  we just hired learned from nick saban and he was supposedly the main guy who taught it to OU while he was there and they went on to kick bamas butt in the sugar bowl after the system was taught to them.  He then went to the NFL.  Now, are either of these 2 new guys good recruiters?  I don't know.  Bielema seems to think so from what I've heard.  Of course he relates how good a person is relatable too and how well of a communicator they are to how well they'll be able to recruit.   I hope that he is right.  Me myself, I kind of wish we would have went out and if Pittman was the #1 OL guy, i wish we would have got the #2 OL coach/recruiter.  If we needed a DL guy then I wish we would have opened the checkbook and went and got either the #1 or #2  or #3 top guy.  I wish we would do that down the list of coaches.  That's how you get a great coaching staff.  You open the checkbook.  And in the case of recruits that works too!  Hahahaha.

Anyways, back to this recruit here.  I think we have a shot with getting him.  Just get him on campus during a big game weekend, win the game (hopefully ), party with bishes, have a good time and see how it goes from there.     We get him or we dont, if not, move to the next man down the list.
Again, you are unable to name one player and the school he was committed too flip toArkansas.

HamSammich

Give his dad a job. It's working at Michigan

King Kong

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 14, 2017, 10:48:18 pm

Talking all time correct?

Bama
USC
ND
Ohio State
Oklahoma