Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LOTS OF BACKSTAGE NEWS FROM SUMMERSLAM

Started by ruzzman3, August 21, 2006, 12:37:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ruzzman3

from pwinsider.com

The word we are getting on Shawn Michaels was that his arm/shoulder injury seemed to be much better last night, later in the evening.  He was walking around backstage and moving his arm.  He was said to be very concerned when he tweaked it though.  It sounds like he had a stinger, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.  We are continuing to look into it.

Mick Foley needed 25 stitches backstage after his match with Ric Flair.

I talked to a number of wrestlers who told me that there were a lot of things in the DX-McMahons match (such as ignoring the referee and rendering him useless, Triple H selling a beating forever then coming into the ring like nothing happened, etc.) that would have gotten them a talking to after the bout had they done it in their match.  I was thinking the same thing when I watched the show.

Speaking of DX, it was well noted backstage that Hulk Hogan clearly "out popped" them and a number of people found it funny that Triple H tried to get a bigger pop for his match and couldn't do it.  Say what you want about Hogan, but he's always over and always gets the big reaction.

Triple H's family was at ringside.  He went over to them after his match, part of which was shown on camera.

Kurt Angle was originally scheduled to be a part of the ECW Title match, in a three way, but since his groin was injured, he was pulled out of the match.  He is expected to work a squash match on tonight's ECW house show and see how it feels.

JBL's commentary rubbed a lot of people in the company the wrong way, especially the line about Eddie Guerrero and "the wagon".  I agree on that one.  He was totally out of line.  Michael Cole really has to miss Tazz at this point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------