Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is your excitement level for NSD?

Started by Squints Pallaboarus, December 21, 2017, 06:46:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Squints Pallaboarus

Trey Biddy made an interesting observation on DTS today - The early signing period has taken some of the excitement out of recruitment this year and NSD, and I would have to agree. Usually, I really enjoy following recruiting during this time of the year and National Signing Day. The build up and drama surrounding that day is always so entertaining, especially around the "big time recruits" and commitment flips. However, this year I find myself very 'meh' about which recruit signed a NLI with which school in the early signing period. Just wondering if anyone else felt this way?

Hopefully, it's just too early and the excitement will return closer to February.

ShadowTheHedgehog

LOW right now - but it will go up as NSD gets near.

The reality is that the early signees don't really show if CCM is a good or bad recruiter. Most of the recruits that signed early were the type of recruits that would sign with the hogs regardless of the coach. This is not a critique of CCM, and it is really not fair to expect him to make huge strides in just 10 days. Additionally, the fact that so many of these kids bleed Razorback red is awesome and just the kind of players that we want and need.

The ranking right now with the small amount of commitments that we have is low, but lets see what CCM can do before NSD, I expect us to be battling for some high caliber prospect and have an exciting NSD.

WPS!

hawginbigd1

More anxious than excited, if the January visits start becoming exciting I may be able to transition to excited. I have been immersed in recruiting seriously for 20 years or so and it has always provided some excitement. I can say that the prior staff left me mostly satisfied by what they accomplished in February, I hope the new one can match it. CBB set a high bar on the first class IMO.

Beached

NSD for all intents and purposes is 70-90% over.

Just go down the list of programs that matter, and see the percentage of their guys that have already signed LOIs. 

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Beached on December 22, 2017, 12:02:25 am
NSD for all intents and purposes is 70-90% over.

Just go down the list of programs that matter, and see the percentage of their guys that have already signed LOIs.

May not be a bad thing for us, several of the big programs are done but there are still a bunch of good players out there that CCM could try to get. Let's see.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on December 22, 2017, 09:27:56 pm
May not be a bad thing for us, several of the big programs are done but there are still a bunch of good players out there that CCM could try to get. Let's see.

A&M has at least 5 players committed who did not sign letters and their DC may be on his way to the Hill along with possibly a couple of position coaches.

Myles Mason did not sign with anyone and our own commits Luke Jones and Noah Gatlin are out there. Feb will still be critical for us.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Snouty

247Hog

Quote from: Snouty on December 23, 2017, 08:30:26 am
About a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Agreed but could go up or down very very quickly depending what begins to happen once a DC is named.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

jackflash

early signing we did well for a coach who been on the job less than two weeks. Bishop, Noland, Pool, Woods and Nick not bad I would  think. Late signing period I feel we end up with Jones, Gatlin, Mincey and Mason and whoever  gets  from Texas. Not bad for a first year coach and his staff

HogNTX

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on December 21, 2017, 09:31:32 pm
The reality is that the early signees don't really show if CCM is a good or bad recruiter. Most of the recruits that signed early were the type of recruits that would sign with the hogs regardless of the coach. This is not a critique of CCM, and it is really not fair to expect him to make huge strides in just 10 days. Additionally, the fact that so many of these kids bleed Razorback red is awesome and just the kind of players that we want and need.

The ranking right now with the small amount of commitments that we have is low, but lets see what CCM can do before NSD, I expect us to be battling for some high caliber prospect and have an exciting NSD.

WPS!

I'm pretty impressed at what he did accomplish with Bishop, Ferrell, Woods, Robinson, and Fulwider. Yes we lost Hanspard and Flanagan but the fact we even thought Bohanon was a possibility is solely because of Morris. Plus the fact that Gunnells is open to us now as well. I'd say that's a recruiting win. (Banks was gone once Fla offered)

Answering the OP... I'm kinda with you on the sentiment at the moment. I'm probably more excited about the next class since they are already publicly making offers to some very highly ranked players who seem more than intrigued and some seem very interested.

Dominicanhog

That could be the case going forward.. lots of kids blow up sr year and what's left gets to compare opportunities to play after the "stars" have picked a school.. hoping that work's in our favor..

Al Boarland

Actually those big programs can now solely focus on the few big targets they have left. That's not a positive for the UofA.

Kevin

high-
cause I am going to look at who he was able to get on 13 days  now, he has time to build some relationships
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22