Happy Early Signing Day

Started by NuttinItUp, December 20, 2017, 08:14:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

ricepig

RaisinHog

Most boring signing day ever lol

masbas3

We actually had more sign today than I thought would sign.  IMO we got the #1 rated QB in the State in Noland, we got needed depth on the Dline, and a great WR with speed to burn, a LB commit, and to me a steal at CB.  If we sign 6 or 7 in February this will be a nice class of need, I hope all of the signees in February are on defense.

jackflash

for  the short  time Morris and his staff has been here think is a good start

Dr. Starcs

All the way up to 75th in the nation. Good for dead last in the sec.

masbas3

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 20, 2017, 02:55:12 pm

How many of the other SEC teams only signed 7?

Hawgphat

CCM is not responsible for our starting position in recruitment.  That statistic cannot be altered on a wholesale basis.

It is my understanding that every effort is now being expended to improve our lot in talent procurement.  I don't see how anyone could take issue with that assessment and find fault with our new regime for any perceived shortfall at this juncture.

Torqued pork

Next year will be the first class Morris and staff can fairly be judged. Hopefully at least a mid-pack rating in the conference is doable.

jabberjawls

Quote from: Hawgphat on December 20, 2017, 03:01:23 pm
CCM is not responsible for our starting position in recruitment.  That statistic cannot be altered on a wholesale basis.

It is my understanding that every effort is now being expended to improve our lot in talent procurement.  I don't see how anyone could take issue with that assessment and find fault with our new regime for any perceived shortfall at this juncture

75th was about where he was at SMU so why do expect better than that?

Dr. Starcs

Kneph13

New Coach, New Staff, obtaining the best he is able to acquire.  Let him get who he can get.  Then we will see how he can coach.
There is no Political Correctness in war

redeye

Quote from: jabberjawls on December 20, 2017, 03:48:28 pm

Seriously?  Arkansas was around 75th when he got here 2 weeks ago.

He's already offered several top recruits in Texas, so let's be patient.

Tusks

he's done gone all fulltiltboogie.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Dirty

Quote from: jabberjawls on December 20, 2017, 03:48:28 pm

You do jabber but it's BS!

Inhogswetrust

What in the heck do you expect considering a coaching change, not all the new coaches hired and the very short time to recruit for the new head coach. Besides there is another signing date later.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Dr. Starcs

Well let's see, Tennessee, Florida, Ole miss, mississippi St, a&m all hired new coaches too.

redeye

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 20, 2017, 05:29:23 pm
Well let's see, Tennessee, Florida, Ole miss, mississippi St, a&m all hired new coaches too.

But their new coaches probably didn't start out with a class ranked so low and our class isn't ranked low because of Morris.  Plus, Bielema only planned to sign 3/5 of a full class, which is probably the main reason we're so low.  I believe the services correct for small classes some nowadays, but probably not enough to help us.