Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The bigger in state signing challenge...

Started by PlanoHog, December 19, 2017, 07:34:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanoHog

will be Hudson Henry. I know it's still early, but I believe the leader is Stanford. I know they feel optimistic about the prospects of getting a commitment. I know he's said he wants to make his own way and not in the Shadow of Hunter.

Also, if I'm looking at it correctly, this seasons SMU TE stats, for receptions, yardage and TDs dont look impressive or much involvement. I'm sure Morris would sell it that if Henry came, he'd definitely be a talent he never had at SMU at that position thus be an integral part of the reciever options maybe even splitting out at times. But Morris has been successful doing the offense his way with lots of wideouts. So how much to you alter that? You have to sell it to Henry's.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

Trey1981

By all accounts that I've read it would be shocking if Hudson decided to go elsewhere.

Wooderson

Hudson or Burks going elsewhere would be tough to take.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Trey1981 on December 19, 2017, 07:38:04 pm
By all accounts that I've read it would be shocking if Hudson decided to go elsewhere.

Yeah, would be surprised if he goes elsewhere. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

racinghog

Quote from: PlanoHog on December 19, 2017, 07:34:32 pm
will be Hudson Henry. I know it's still early, but I believe the leader is Stanford. I know they feel optimistic about the prospects of getting a commitment. I know he's said he wants to make his own way and not in the Shadow of Hunter.

Also, if I'm looking at it correctly, this seasons SMU TE stats, for receptions, yardage and TDs dont look impressive or much involvement. I'm sure Morris would sell it that if Henry came, he'd definitely be a talent he never had at SMU at that position thus be an integral part of the reciever options maybe even splitting out at times. But Morris has been successful doing the offense his way with lots of wideouts. So how much to you alter that? You have to sell it to Henry's.
Which begs the question....What happens to the 7 TE's currently on campus?

Trey1981

Quote from: Wooderson on December 19, 2017, 07:39:33 pm
Hudson or Burks going elsewhere would be tough to take.

Definitely.  The past two days have been tough for those of us that follow Arkansas recruiting but 2019 will tell the tale in terms of CCM and team's recruiting chops. Have to get the Big 3 of Henry, Burks and Thomas and we badly need Jackson and Wilks too.

Kevin

tough two days. we got bishop & Ferrell. much more needs positions.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SooieGeneris

Quote from: racinghog on December 19, 2017, 07:41:40 pm
Which begs the question....What happens to the 7 TE's currently on campus?

Kraus will be a SR for sure, will Patton be a JR or SR?

O'Grady, Gragg and Cantrell are all JRs and Gunter will be a SO.

Who is the other?

My guess is another won't be recruited until Hudson Henry, one may be moved to another position, Cantrell maybe, the rest, we will have to see.

No way the position will be anywhere near as prominent as it was under BB, so in the future we will likely see 3-4 on scholarship at most.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

racinghog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 19, 2017, 07:58:05 pm
Kraus will be a SR for sure, will Patton be a JR or SR?

O'Grady, Gragg and Cantrell are all JRs and Gunter will be a SO.

Who is the other?

My guess is another won't be recruited until Hudson Henry, one may be moved to another position, Cantrell maybe, the rest, we will have to see.

No way the position will be anywhere near as prominent as it was under BB, so in the future we will likely see 3-4 on scholarship at most.
Kern is the other, walk on I believe. We have 2 FB's that will not be used so there is 8 players that will not be employed in this offense. But now we have all our receivers coming back and we continue to offer more. Something has to give.

HardingHog

I haven't looked at the numbers of the TEs that played for Morris at SMU; however, I can only assume he'll point to players like Dwayne Allen and Jordan Leggett that he had the opportunity to coach at Clemson in regards to evidence of his TE usage

FrJoseph

Quote from: PlanoHog on December 19, 2017, 07:34:32 pm

Hard to ever say "no way" on a seventeen year old kid, however no way he doesn't come
To AR.

Fr Joe
You made us for yourself oh God, and are hearts are restless until they rest in you.

AirWarren

Burks took a photo in a hogs shirt the other day.

Brilliant troll job. Or awesome sign.

redeye

I really hope CCM uses the TE a lot and not just because we have so many.