Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happened to Lunny and his recruiting of Arkansas kids.

Started by Piggfoot, December 19, 2017, 04:54:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

goodguytex

The least the op could do is learn how to spell LUNNEY's name, if he's going to put him down like that. Dude was a razorback going back to the early 90s, not like he hasn't had the chance to learn it by now.

hogsanity

Quote from: goodguytex on December 20, 2017, 09:56:02 am
The least the op could do is learn how to spell LUNNEY's name, if he's going to put him down like that. Dude was a razorback going back to the early 90s, not like he hasn't had the chance to learn it by now.

Have you seen how many people here refer to Connor Noland and Nolan? I keep think NR is coming out for football at age 70 or however old he is.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: hogsanity on December 20, 2017, 09:50:19 am
Some of you have got to get over your worship of instate kids.

Ask your self this, which would hurt the program more, never signing another in state kid, or never signing another out of state kid.

It isn't an either or proposition, so really not relevant. However, I doubt there would be the same passion for the Razorbacks, if they all were from out of state.

NWAHog479

Lunney can't force anybody to sign and come play for what was a dumpster fire of a football program last year

hogsanity

Quote from: ricepig on December 20, 2017, 09:58:16 am
It isn't an either or proposition, so really not relevant. However, I doubt there would be the same passion for the Razorbacks, if they all were from out of state.

Perhaps, but I bet the team would not be any worse, and probably be better.

My point though is after the 1st 3-5 players in the state there is usually not much else in the way of SEC talent. And as we see with CN and GB, often the top of each in state class has multiple players at only a couple of positions.

But people that continue to lament losing in state kids, simply because they are in state kids, just do not get it. Losing a SEC LEVEL in state kid, that is one thing, losing a in state kid that no other SEC team or no other P5 team is after, so what. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Piggfoot

Quote from: goodguytex on December 20, 2017, 09:56:02 am
Now you and Brett can take y'all's catfish hole ugly butts back up thar to wishconsin or iower or wherever y'all come from and stay thar!  >:( :-\ :puke:
ReplyQuote
and you're talking to me about spelling a coaches name correctly. Kiss off
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: ronsooie on December 19, 2017, 05:24:49 pm
Ralph Stockemer - TE. You're welcome  :D
He was a RB.  Went to Baylor, his father was the pastor at the First Baptist Church in Alma.  He was going to Baylor no matter what. Lou didn't recruit him very hard either.

Tusks

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on December 20, 2017, 11:46:13 am
He was a RB.  Went to Baylor, his father was the pastor at the First Baptist Church in Alma.  He was going to Baylor no matter what. Lou didn't recruit him very hard either.

Well they made a big thing about it when Hatfield was hired.  I know someone who wrote one of the 3-4 stories about it.

Quoted him as saying when he was offered by Holtz it didn't 'feel' like he wanted it to and that if it had been Hatfield he'd be a hog.  Now that I think of it, it was leading up to the first time the hogs played Baylor under Hatfield and all the papers ran with it.

The papers made it seem like Holtz couldn't even get a kid out of Alma.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: tusked on December 20, 2017, 01:49:48 pm
Well they made a big thing about it when Hatfield was hired.  I know someone who wrote one of the 3-4 stories about it.

Quoted him as saying when he was offered by Holtz it didn't 'feel' like he wanted it to and that if it had been Hatfield he'd be a hog.  Now that I think of it, it was leading up to the first time the hogs played Baylor under Hatfield and all the papers ran with it.

The papers made it seem like Holtz couldn't even get a kid out of Alma.
Ralph graduated in spring 1981, Hatfield didn't take over the Hogs in the fall of 1984.  Holtz was a terrible recruiter, most of the time he did know anything about the kid he was talking to, completely unprepared. But Ralph din't get Holtz fired. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on December 20, 2017, 02:19:15 pm
Ralph graduated in spring 1981, Hatfield didn't take over the Hogs in the fall of 1984.  Holtz was a terrible recruiter, most of the time he did know anything about the kid he was talking to, completely unprepared. But Ralph din't get Holtz fired.
Totally correct about Lou's firing. He had FAR more relevant issues to deal with and that led to his being told to "hit the trail".

Piggfoot

I know some of you take exception to my comparison of Lunney to Horton but Horton has been a great RB coach and Auburn recruiter. Now of course some will say Auburn is easier to recruit to than Fayetteville but I've heard by some of the same people how wonderful Fayetteville is and the right recruiter should be able to bring all those five stars up there. Well we've never found that coach.
But I tell you it is absolutely a shame and unforgivable to let Alabama, Auburn, Baylor and Oklahoma State slip in here and be the first to offer our states best players. Lunney was it is in charge of recruiting Arkansas and
Bobby Allen's title is head of high school relations so which one is responsible?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

31to6

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 20, 2017, 04:32:08 pm
I know some of you take exception to my comparison of Lunney to Horton but Horton has been a great RB coach and Auburn recruiter. Now of course some will say Auburn is easier to recruit to than Fayetteville but I've heard by some of the same people how wonderful Fayetteville is and the right recruiter should be able to bring all those five stars up there. Well we've never found that coach.
But I tell you it is absolutely a shame and unforgivable to let Alabama, Auburn, Baylor and Oklahoma State slip in here and be the first to offer our states best players. Lunney was it is in charge of recruiting Arkansas and
Bobby Allen's title is head of high school relations so which one is responsible?
deleted my original response... reread your post.. missed the highlighted words... nothing to see here :)

Birminghog

Quote from: BroyledNutts on December 19, 2017, 07:08:51 pm
Having passion in discussions is one thing ... staying pegged at 10 on the rage meter speaks to something beyond Hogville manifesting itself here at others expense

but what if it went to 11?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: pigmania on December 19, 2017, 05:17:58 pm
The boy is scared of competition. Guess that's why he only competed on a 2A level in high school. Of all the schools that offered, he chooses the one that had the least amount of competition. Once he's at Baylor, you'll never hear of his name again, outside of Earle, AR.

Given the publicity that comes out of Waco, never hearing of his name ever again would be a good thing.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Mike Irwin on December 19, 2017, 05:17:19 pm
Hogville has always suffered from amnesia. Some are acting like losing a couple of instate recruits never happened in the past.

Yes we lost a few real good ones over the years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hugo Bezdek

I do wonder if Lunney is headed toward a support role similar to Allen. Morris has not committed at this point to Lunney being a position coach. If he's not and we have another offensive position to fill we need to get Clarence McKinney from A&M.