Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WOW our TWITTER Fans......Unreal.....

Started by BR, December 19, 2017, 03:56:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperHawg

All these kids value when it comes to twitter or any social media is their follower count and the attention they get from followers.  If you really feel the need to bother an 18 year old on social media based on his or her college decision then just unfollow and ignore.  Simple as that.

Athog

Quote from: hogcrazy2206 on December 19, 2017, 04:01:36 pm
You are being really sensitive about what people are saying to him.  He is a big boy.  He will be fine.  If you can't handle negativity he shouldn't have been born. 

The mindset of people this generation is awful. Way to sensitive. 

That is a cop out for adults to act like kids! People need to grow up and show some class!! This is a game!!

buldozer

Quote from: RaisinHog on December 19, 2017, 04:13:56 pm
He made the bed he can lie in it.. when he reached for that 9 dollar hog hat and picked up the Baylor ..he knew what he was gona get ...
I agree with this. I don't do social media either, but if this young man does social media (and they all seem to now days) then he knew what he would be in for.

He passed on the opportunity to be a state hero the rest of his life if he went to the UA and got to start. And he passed on the opportunity to always have job opportunities here in Arkansas even if he just played and couldn't win the starting job. He considered all of this and decided to go play in TX for one of many D1 teams. So he knows he will never be well known in TX even if he is a rock star at SMU, and he will never be a known commodity here in AR. He passed on this.

So now his only chance to be a huge FB star is if he makes it to the NFL and gets a starting job. Not many of those jobs available, but I hope he makes it.

Pork Twain

Pathetic person who will bash a kid for choosing where he will attend college.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 19, 2017, 11:40:23 pm
there are kids you dont know on hogville and you just posted that. CREEPY AF!!

There are plenty that act like kids on here. But I'm not trying to lure someone here with my posts like you people on twitter do.

Ragnar Hogbrok

The problem with electronic means of communication is that it removes face to face interaction.

90+% of idiots spouting off on social media would never have the balls to say these things to anyone's face.

I guess one could say that social media is electronic balls.

Little people are really brave when anonymity is present.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The Chief on December 20, 2017, 09:31:52 am
The problem with electronic means of communication is that it removes face to face interaction.

90+% of idiots spouting off on social media would never have the balls to say these things to anyone's face.

I guess one could say that social media is electronic balls.

Little people are really brave when anonymity is present.

Very true.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 20, 2017, 09:02:42 am
There are plenty that act like kids on here. But I'm not trying to lure someone here with my posts like you people on twitter do.
"lure people"? wth?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 20, 2017, 11:59:05 am
"lure people"? wth?

Yes people that are tweeting recruits are wanting them to come to the school they cheer for.

DeltaBoy

SAD but true it a hate filled place at times.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MakeHogsGreatAgain

RazorPiggie

Porkahontas

General rule, don't tweet at recruits bashing them if they don't come here, begging them if they are undecided, or going way over the top if they announce here.

Hell, don't tweet them at all.

Our fan base is an embarrassment at times. If you're one on here defending tweeting recruits (especially the tirades against kids when they choose to go elsewhere), you're part of the embarrassment the rest of us are talking about.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/