Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 4 recruits in the state...

Started by ambien_sky, December 19, 2017, 11:47:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ambien_sky

Chad Morris has managed to get them all committed to Arkansas. That's pretty impressive, but what I think is more exciting is I think they are defensive players, which makes me wonder who he told them was coming aboard as our DC?

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/chad-morris-recruiting-need-make-sure-university-arkansas-owns-state

#1 STUNNA

Nope.. #1 recruit is not committed to Arkansas

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ambien_sky

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 19, 2017, 12:21:42 pm

That is not what's being reported.  Sorry.  It was reported on the radio this morning by Davenport,  and also on the link I provided that Morris has secured the top 4 recruits in the state.

WOOPIGDOOIE

AirWarren

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 19, 2017, 12:21:42 pm

Best player in the state has one more year in high school.

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

ricepig

Quote from: MyBoyCanaan on December 19, 2017, 12:35:36 pm
What is your source?

If he's talking Rivals, then yes, Flanagan flipped to OSU, on 247, Bohanon is #1_and he is currently uncommitted.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2017, 12:38:01 pm
If he's talking Rivals, then yes, Flanagan flipped to OSU, on 247, Bohanon is #1_and he is currently uncommitted.
Yes I'm referring to rivals because that is what they used in the link the OP posted.

Grizzlyfan

I apologize I don't follow this like some of you, but are you saying that some source has Flanagan as the #1 prospect in the state of Arkansas?

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 19, 2017, 12:41:51 pm
I apologize I don't follow this like some of you, but are you saying that some source has Flanagan as the #1 prospect in the state of Arkansas?
Rivals did.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 19, 2017, 12:41:51 pm
Yes, Rivals.com has him #1 in state. For the 2018 class

Grizzlyfan

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 19, 2017, 12:44:30 pm
Yes, Rivals.com has him #1 in state. For the 2018 class
Same question.  Would you agree with that assessment?

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 19, 2017, 12:46:22 pm
Same question.  Would you agree with that assessment?
No. I feel 247 has a much better ranking

DOGALUM

Quote from: AP85 on December 19, 2017, 12:36:41 pm
who's that?   
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

WOOPIGDOOIE

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ambien_sky on December 19, 2017, 11:47:41 am
Chad Morris has managed to get them all committed to Arkansas. That's pretty impressive, but what I think is more exciting is I think they are defensive players, which makes me wonder who he told them was coming aboard as our DC?

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/chad-morris-recruiting-need-make-sure-university-arkansas-owns-state

They aren't all defensive players.  Noland is a qb.  Jones is an OT.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 19, 2017, 12:47:51 pm
Regarding the Rivals ranking I would take Bohanon, Ferrell, and Nichols over Flanagan.  That may just reflect where I think Arkansas needs more help.

bphi11ips

What is Flanagan's last name for those of us who don't have recruiting sites in our list of favorites?

RebelliousHog

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 19, 2017, 01:06:46 pm
What is Flanagan's last name for those of us who don't have recruiting sites in our list of favorites?

I'm guessing Flanagan IS his last name.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

userpick

If Flanagan is the best player in the state, there's not much sense in recruiting Arkansas.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: userpick on December 19, 2017, 01:10:35 pm
If Flanagan is the best player in the state, there's not much sense in recruiting Arkansas.
I don't think I'd go that far.  I would be happy to have Flanagan on the team.  I'm just not sure I agree with best player in the state regardless of position.  That also reflects my feeling that you have to be careful assigning that title to a small school player.

BigBrandonAllenFan

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 19, 2017, 01:06:46 pm
His name is Sean micheal Flanagan

hogsanity

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on December 19, 2017, 01:13:16 pm
I don't think I'd go that far.  I would be happy to have Flanagan on the team.  I'm just not sure I agree with best player in the state regardless of position.  That also reflects my feeling that you have to be careful assigning that title to a small school player.

I've been on the field when he was playing. He is good, but he was also playing against AAA competition so he was usually the fastest player on the field. Had he played 6a or 7a, I am not sure that would have been the case some nights.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bphi11ips

Looks like your typical camp star. Can he play football? 

hogsanity

Quote from: bphi11ips on December 19, 2017, 01:27:03 pm
Looks like your typical camp star. Can he play football? 

He was really good when I saw him, but again, the competition was not top level.  If he wants to be, he'd be a heck of a safety, but that may be the issue, he does not want to be a safety so he is going where they will tell him he will be a receiver. Thats just conjecture on my part. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Give C. Morris time.  Maybe Flim Flam Flanagan will flip back when he meets the new HC if he hasn't already met him.  OSU may have more openings than us next season for a WR.

Just keep at it Chad.  Never up, never in.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: AP85 on December 19, 2017, 12:36:41 pm

this is true.. hes been the best player in the state since he started playing high school ball..lol

GuvHog

If Morris wants another good instate QB a couple of years down the road, he needs to keep a close eye on the kid who started at QB as a Sophomore for Morrilton this year. That young man is for real!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 19, 2017, 04:31:09 pm
this is true.. hes been the best player in the state since he started playing high school ball..lol

Yeah, and then there's Henry.  Talk about a couple of anchor pieces to begin CM's tenure.  Very nice. 

I assume Henry would practically be ours to lose, but no clue on Burks.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 19, 2017, 04:46:06 pm
Yeah, and then there's Henry.  Talk about a couple of anchor pieces to begin CM's tenure.  Very nice. 

I assume Henry would practically be ours to lose, but no clue on Burks.

Henry is a stud!!! But Burks is a once a generation type player!!! Both would be huge gets for Morris and his offense and the state of Arkansas!!!

redeye

State rankings are always funny, because they vary so much.  There also seems to be some bias for players not expected to sign with Arkansas.  What I'm saying is that I don't put much stock in state rankings, regardless of who's doing the ranking.  There's a lot of subjectivity, bias and just because a player is ranked high, it doesn't mean our coaches want him.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 19, 2017, 04:54:58 pm
Henry is a stud!!! But Burks is a once a generation type player!!! Both would be huge gets for Morris and his offense and the state of Arkansas!!!

Yes, Burks appears to be the best instate prospect since McFadden.  Very possibly better.  Just no clue on how much of a Razorback fan he is.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 19, 2017, 05:07:30 pm
Yes, Burks appears to be the best instate prospect since McFadden.  Very possibly better.  Just no clue on how much of a Razorback fan he is.

I believe it will come down to Arkansas or LSU. With Morris offense he should have no excuse not getting Burks. All he has to do is show him highlights of Courtland Sutton at SMU.

East TN HAWG

Next year will be the make or break year recruiting for CCM.  He needs to sign Burks, Henry, Gunnell and B Williams.  All are elite and all have Arkansas ties. 

IronHog

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on December 19, 2017, 05:39:17 pm
I believe it will come down to Arkansas or LSU. With Morris offense he should have no excuse not getting Burks. All he has to do is show him highlights of Courtland Sutton at SMU.

LSU?

They always have 3 or so NFL receivers doing next to nothing because of low IQ football
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: IronHog on December 19, 2017, 05:43:45 pm

LSU?

They always have 3 or so NFL receivers doing next to nothing because of low IQ football

just what i have heard... I know he has visited LSU and has been seen in LSU gear. But I believe he wiull be a hog with Morris at the helm now.

jj202020

Clemson is a bigger threat than LSU. 

HoggyCat

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on December 19, 2017, 12:47:51 pm

I like the 247sports composite ranking system. They take their ranking and average it with everyone else's.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

#1 STUNNA

I do know Burks wants to stay close to home. At least he has mentioned that in a few interviews so his family can see him play.