Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stacey Wilkins

Started by Piggfoot, December 17, 2017, 09:28:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

OL from Camden new commit.  Shawn Andrews cousin. Listed as 6'2" or 6'7"
Anyone have information. Believe in '19 class
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 17, 2017, 09:28:55 pm

EVEN if this cat is 1/2 the OL-man that Shawn was he is a grand pick-up..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 17, 2017, 09:28:55 pm
Might be 6'2" or 6'7" ? Hope his speed isn't 6.1 or 5.0...just sayin'

Hollywood870

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 17, 2017, 09:47:22 pm
Might be 6'2" or 6'7" ? Hope his speed isn't 6.1 or 5.0...just sayin'
Looks 6'7 on film.

IronMountainHog

RD says 6' 7". The thing I always wondered in regards to the Andrews family is how the heck did Stacey end up at Ole Miss?

Ugly Uncle

I went to Fairview from the 2nd grade until the 9th grade.  Went to school with a fella named Stacey Wilkins.  He was bigger, stronger and faster than all the rest of us.  Seriously.  Built like an offensive lineman, but could run.  I wonder if this is his son?  Stacey also had a younger brother I think...could be his son. 

Anyone know if Stacey is a Stacey II?
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 17, 2017, 09:54:42 pm
I went to Fairview from the 2nd grade until the 9th grade.  Went to school with a fella named Stacey Wilkins.  He was bigger, stronger and faster than all the rest of us.  Seriously.  Built like an offensive lineman, but could run.  I wonder if this is his son?  Stacey also had a younger brother I think...could be his son. 

If that isn't the son of the fella I went to school with it would be a shock.  It looks just like the man I was telling you about.
Retired Radio Host

Horse racer

What years were you in Camden ?

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Horse racer on December 17, 2017, 10:14:29 pm
What years were you in Camden ?

77-84

I graduated in 88, but we had moved to Jonesboro by the end of 84 half way through my 9th grad year.
Retired Radio Host

Hogs run wild

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 17, 2017, 09:53:39 pm
RD says 6' 7". The thing I always wondered in regards to the Andrews family is how the heck did Stacey end up at Ole Miss?
if i remember correctly, Stacey was more of a track and field kinda guy, shot put i think. we didn't want him on our track team and football wasn't his priority. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

Arkiebarkie

Stacey Andrews, was throwing the shot for Ole Miss track. They needed lineman , he walked on. Strong as an ox.

#NeverYield

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 17, 2017, 09:54:42 pm

It is his son. I work with his dad out in east Camden. He's a big ole boy too!

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: #NeverYield on December 18, 2017, 07:00:23 am
It is his son. I work with his dad out in east Camden. He's a big ole boy too!

I figure it had to be.  He looks just like his daddy used to look.

Retired Radio Host

downsouthhawg72

I went to school with his dad Stacy Wilkins at Fairview.... He was very strong & fast... That is his son....
DownSouthHawg

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: EASYBONE1 on December 18, 2017, 10:33:26 am
I went to school with his dad Stacy Wilkins at Fairview.... He was very strong & fast... That is his son....

As I said, I was there until the 9th grade.  It seemed like Stacy moved in there in the 8th grade, because I don't remember him from before that. 

I remember in the 9th grade he was the biggest guy on the team, but he was so quick and agile that they put him in as a full back and sometimes as a half back (playing the wishbone). 

He was honestly one of the nicest fellas back then as well.  I always thought that if he ever got angry on the football field that he would be a monster.

Lost contact with all of you guys after we moved to Jonesboro.
Retired Radio Host

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 17, 2017, 09:53:39 pm
RD says 6’ 7”. The thing I always wondered in regards to the Andrews family is how the heck did Stacey end up at Ole Miss?

Didn't play football at all through HS. Was basketball and track. Went to Ole Miss on track scholarship. Finished eligibility up and coaches got him to walk on for football. Was a natural at tackle. 6'7 290-300 lbs when he was in HS.

He and Shawn would have been quite a tandem on the same oline in HS.

Shawn got to play a little in the basketball games with Stacy, but not a lot.

Stacy was really good down low in the post. Always thought he could have played basketball at the next level.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Piggfoot

I made a mistake Wilkins has not committed but he sounds like he will when he can.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Horse racer

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 17, 2017, 10:32:17 pm
77-84

I graduated in 88, but we had moved to Jonesboro by the end of 84 half way through my 9th grad year.

Camden or Fairview ? I'm a little older. Graduated Fairview in 1980

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Horse racer on December 18, 2017, 07:26:25 pm

Fairview.  Lived on Woodlawn...turn on Oaklawn off of Fairview road close to Cardinal Shopping center.

My sister graduated from Fairview in 80, and my brother in 83.
Retired Radio Host

Horse racer

pigture perfect

Quote from: Horse racer on December 18, 2017, 07:26:25 pm
I graduated from FHS in 83. My Sister graduated in 80. Bet you know her.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

daBoar

Quote from: pigture perfect on December 18, 2017, 08:09:17 pm
I graduated from FHS in 83. My Sister graduated in 80. Bet you know her.
Now that's funny.

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

Horse racer

Ugly Uncle

Retired Radio Host

HogShat

Yeah UU he is Stacey's boy. And he is every bit of 6'7". Been a teammate of my son from peewee ball up. He has made tremendous strides the last 2 years. He was timid early on but is developing some nasty. Thought the way he received his offer was very classy of CCM...

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/dec/19/morris-asks-permission-then-offers-camden-lineman/?f=sports

Bubba's Bruisers

Thomas and Wilkins would be very nice instate OT gets for us. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: HogShat on December 20, 2017, 08:38:14 am
Yeah UU he is Stacey's boy. And he is every bit of 6'7". Been a teammate of my son from peewee ball up. He has made tremendous strides the last 2 years. He was timid early on but is developing some nasty. Thought the way he received his offer was very classy of CCM...

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/dec/19/morris-asks-permission-then-offers-camden-lineman/?f=sports

That is about the coolest thing in the world.  I love CM building relationships with coaches.
Retired Radio Host

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HogShat on December 20, 2017, 08:38:14 am

What's the significance in asking the HS coach permission before offering?  Is that Morris' MO for underclassmen?

Pudgepork

Good pr.  Shows he respects the high school coaches position and isn't going to upstage him.   Not going around him to talk to the player

It's smart to include the high school  coach in the recruitment

farmhawg

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on December 20, 2017, 01:56:59 pm
That is about the coolest thing in the world.  I love CM building relationships with coaches.
This will win the state.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!