Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1989-90 US International Game Highlights (The 166-101 game)

Started by Jborohog09, March 21, 2017, 01:12:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jborohog09

Now that it's sadly the off-season I figured I'd start uploading past games again and figured that this one would be a good start.  The world will probably never see another game like this one!  166 points!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFjyJZSG0mE&feature=youtu.be

hogsanity

I thought there was a good chance the Hogs would get 200 that night. USI played at insane speed, shooting as fast as they could cross half court.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rzrbkman

12/2/89 USI scored 53 points in a loss to Mercer

12/7/89 USI scored 137 points in a loss to Loyola Marymont

12/9/89 USI scored  101 points in a loss to Arkansas

12/12/89 USI scored 69 points in a loss to Montana

The team went bankrupt in 1991. Goofy!

JenksHawg

Fantastic video.  Should be required viewing at Freshman orientation.  I looked at the stats - we averaged 95.6 ppg that year and scored > 100 17 times!

What really stands out to me - the outlet passes right after a make, followed by quick passes usually leading to a fast break or secondary break basket.  So many blocks, dunks, and seems like everyone could hit the mid range jumper (definitely a lost art). 

I had forgotten that Huery and Day played together, as well as Credit/Miller being on the same team. 

Whoever posted the thread "Hawgball is back!" after the 72-65 UNC loss needs to watch this for sure :)