Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am pissed. had to calm down before i posted.Pure BS

Started by forrest city joe, March 19, 2017, 07:57:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FATHAWG08

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 19, 2017, 08:38:34 pm
That's ridiculous and shameful homerism.

1. Points allowed off turnovers?
2. Points scored at all (under three minutes)?

Officials hadn't a darn thing to do with either.

We own this, internally.
This Guy is a Troll!!
I love off season Football!!

bkjbearcat

I wonder if there is a meme of Vince McMahon saying Hogs Screwed Hogs? Any wrestling fan out there from the late '90s knows what it means.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hogsanity

Quote from: Woopig69 on March 20, 2017, 07:52:13 pm
more ignorance. In the future please think before you post, or better yet please don't post at all. No one cares to read your horse darn.

yes, we would not want you to actually answer what is posted, just tell those you do not agree with to stop posting. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

southeasthog

Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on March 20, 2017, 03:28:43 pm
What makes the whole ref excuse ring hollow is that there are many here who use that excuse after EVERY loss. Get blown out at KY and at Okie St - you guessed it, we have multiple threads proclaiming how the Hogs got ripped off by the refs. Lose to a pathetic Mizzu, yep - refs. Lose at home to Vandy and MSU - amazingly we again got a crew that was out to get the Hogs.
Just curious. Who said we got screwed by the refs in the Kentucky, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Vandy, and Mississippi State games, besides Joe ;D?

Nothing stood out about the officials in the Missouri, Vandy, and Mississippi State losses. I didn't even get a chance to watch the Oklahoma State game but if Mike Anderson gets a tech arguing to the officials about some calls then something just may not be right. Just saying. And we all know Kentucky is gonna gets "program" calls rather they are at home or away and rather they blow you out or not. That's irrelevant. Go ahead, we're waiting. This should be very interesting.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 20, 2017, 06:18:51 pm
No fingers. The ball never changed direction 1 millimeter. The fingers were close, that is all.
Well, I guess that can only mean one or two things. Daryl Macon shoots the ball with a sideways rotation ;). When you contest a shot your fingers naturally bend back because of nerves and reflexes ;).

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: southeasthog on March 21, 2017, 05:51:03 am
Maybe you want to get your eyes checked.

Macon was also hacked after the bell left his hand.

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 21, 2017, 10:15:08 am
Just curious. Who said we got screwed by the refs in the Kentucky, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Vandy, and Mississippi State games, besides Joe ;D?

Nothing stood out about the officials in the Missouri, Vandy, and Mississippi State losses. I didn't even get a chance to watch the Oklahoma State game but if Mike Anderson gets a tech arguing to the officials about some calls then something just may not be right. Just saying. And we all know Kentucky is gonna gets "program" calls rather they are at home or away and rather they blow you out or not. That's irrelevant. Go ahead, we're waiting. This should be very interesting.

I can go back and look, but there was more than one thread about the refs at OSU, and in any thread FCJ starts about the refs there are those who always agree.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 21, 2017, 10:15:08 am

Some posters would rather bend over backwards to defend officials rather than defend their own team.

A bit pathetic.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 21, 2017, 10:24:54 am
Some posters would rather bend over backwards to defend officials rather than defend their own team.

A bit pathetic.

One poster in particular comes to mind...and yes pathetic!!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

gmarv

A bit pathetic.
It seems the officials might be his team.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: gmarv on March 21, 2017, 10:38:37 am
It seems the officials might be his team.

It's almost like he's taking notes on who says bad things about officials.
If anyone has anything negative to say about basketball officials....BAM! He's Johnny on the spot.

If a poster has anything GOOD to say about the current basketball coach.. BAM! He's right there to pooh pooh anything positive that's happening,

hogsanity

A bit pathetic.

So is blaming the officials for every loss, which is EXACTLY what some did this season. all 10 losses were because of the refs according to some posters here. I am not defending the refs as much as I am just tired of that being used as an excuse.

A bigger factor Sunday was that 3 of the Hogs were cramping up/had leg issues for much of the last 8 mins of the game.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on March 21, 2017, 10:20:51 am
I can go back and look, but there was more than one thread about the refs at OSU, and in any thread FCJ starts about the refs there are those who always agree.
I really think some just like to get and keep Joe fired up. Lol...Could be wrong though.

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 21, 2017, 11:28:55 am
I really think some just like to get and keep Joe fired up. Lol...Could be wrong though.

perhaps. But it is like clockwork, hogs lose and we get a blame the refs thread. Heck, half the time we get those before the game even starts.

mckinneyhog5

Can't say that the refs "cost us the game" or not. What I can say is,  they DID blow some calls towards the end of the game. Now, if I'm hiring refs for a game and I reviewed this game to consider hiring them, I would pass.
When it counted most, they blew it. The refs didn't do their job but the hogs didn't do theirs either.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

hogsanity

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 21, 2017, 12:12:36 pm
Can't say that the refs "cost us the game" or not. What I can say is,  they DID blow some calls towards the end of the game. Now, if I'm hiring refs for a game and I reviewed this game to consider hiring them, I would pass.
When it counted most, they blew it. The refs didn't do their job but the hogs didn't do theirs either.

Now that's a reasoned assessment.

Rbill

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with saying the refs blew some ridiculous calls. And there's nothing wrong with saying those calls hurt us. And there's nothing wrong with fans being mad at refs. Of course bad calls at the end of the game hurt you. Stop being ignorant trolls. It doesn't mean we didn't have 3 bad looking offensive possessions too. Or that they stopped Moses from knocking down his free throws. But it certainly means something. So if people want to talk about how bad the refs did, let them talk and stop changing the subject. They did do bad and it should be talked about.

Little Lady Back

Quote from: Rbill on March 21, 2017, 12:35:15 pm
Exactly. There is nothing wrong with saying the refs blew some ridiculous calls. And there's nothing wrong with saying those calls hurt us. And there's nothing wrong with fans being mad at refs. Of course bad calls at the end of the game hurt you. Stop being ignorant trolls. It doesn't mean we didn't have 3 bad looking offensive possessions too. Or that they stopped Moses from knocking down his free throws. But it certainly means something. So if people want to talk about how bad the refs did, let them talk and stop changing the subject. They did do bad and it should be talked about.

I agree with this. Good post!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

311Hog

IMHO alot of the issue with the refs is that there is no remedy for a failure on their part.  If this was streetball and something like the charge/travel no call happened the players would sort that type of obvious mistake out, and the game could continue, but here so much is riding on these games and in the heat of the moment a 3rd party in this game interjects and usually one team's future is altered forever.  And because these people are largely nameless and faceless it is natural to wonder who it was that just killed your team's dream and want to hear why or why it wasn't caught by some type of fail safe like instant replay (that failed to in our case).

The players have grown by leaps and bounds, and IMHO i feel like the refs are pretty much the same.

hawganatic

This pretty much sums up what happened.  Refs blew some calls, but what cost us was ZERO points in the last 3 1/2 minutes of the game.  No ball movement, nobody down low trying to get position, and trying to float up a three or driving in wildly with 2 seconds left on the shot clock.

More experience next year, more players comfortable stepping up in the clutch, and we develop our low post game.  We won't have to talk about the bad calls, after every game that we lose...

hogsanity

Quote from: 311Hog on March 21, 2017, 01:58:46 pm

The players have grown by leaps and bounds, and IMHO i feel like the refs are pretty much the same.

That is a large part of it, imo. You have 50+ yr old men trying to keep up with 18-22 yr olds. But it takes so long for guys to move up to p5 level games. I know a guy who graduated the same year as me in the late 80's ( Man that hurt to type ) and he started reffing the next year. He has steadily moved up, but it was just this year, almost 30 years after he started, that he got a steady supply of p5 games. Worked big12, & SEc mainly. Now he had done some big12 in the past few years.

311Hog

Quote from: hawganatic on March 21, 2017, 02:17:23 pm
This pretty much sums up what happened.  Refs blew some calls, but what cost us was ZERO points in the last 3 1/2 minutes of the game.  No ball movement, nobody down low trying to get position, and trying to float up a three or driving in wildly with 2 seconds left on the shot clock.

More experience next year, more players comfortable stepping up in the clutch, and we develop our low post game.  We won't have to talk about the bad calls, after every game that we lose...

While i agree with part of this, the other part i don't is the "side effect" of the bad calls.  it wasn't only the isolated bad calls, it is what they provided as a residual benefit to in this case UNC.  in the last 3 minutes UNC could afford to play defense at a higher more physical level because they had fouls to give that they shouldn't have.  a few bad calls here or there can be over come, but the ones in the UNC game were the worst possible kind because they translated directly into points, and directly into a situation where UNC could thrive.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on March 21, 2017, 12:03:54 pm
perhaps. But it is like clockwork, hogs lose and we get a blame the refs thread. Heck, half the time we get those before the game even starts.
We just prepare ourselves for the inevitable ;).

HogBreath

I thought we got the brakes screwed off us in the SEC tourney against Ole Miss, the rebs played aggressive as all get out that nite.  Seems there were some drives to the hoop where we'd be fouled 2-3 times with no call.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hogsanity

Quote from: HogBreath on March 21, 2017, 03:25:20 pm
I thought we got the brakes screwed off us in the SEC tourney against Ole Miss, the rebs played aggressive as all get out that nite.  Seems there were some drives to the hoop where we'd be fouled 2-3 times with no call.

Hogs shot 9 or 10 more FT's than old miss, and old miss only shot 14 when they were leading the nation in ft's made and were top 10 in fta's per game.

One problem with most of the Hogs when they drive is they fade away, much harder to draw contact when you do that. Hogs were a very good shooting ft team, they should have been trying to draw contact at some point on every possession.

BrianG

It all evens out.  Refs screwed the pooch with the foul at the end of the Seton Hall game or the season may have ended there.

Hootiethehog

March 21, 2017, 06:06:28 pm #127 Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:43:51 pm by Hootiethehog
Quote from: hogsanity on March 21, 2017, 04:08:09 pm
Hogs shot 9 or 10 more FT's than old miss, and old miss only shot 14 when they were leading the nation in ft's made and were top 10 in fta's per game.

One problem with most of the Hogs when they drive is they fade away, much harder to draw contact when you do that. Hogs were a very good shooting ft team, they should have been trying to draw contact at some point on every possession.

They tried to drive and draw fouls. They would try  it, then they would either get bumped, hammered or knocked to the ground in some cases, which was rarely called. North Carolina got the benefit of some touch fouls, which led to the free three disparity.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

gchamblee

This

HogBreath

Quote from: hogsanity on March 21, 2017, 04:08:09 pm

And that would be really significant if both teams were fouling on an equal basis.  Trouble is, they weren't.  Which is pretty much the whole point.  Hello!  What color are the trees in your world?

Wish we could watch the game film together and and discuss the action, since apparently you sorta/kinda missed out on that.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on March 20, 2017, 06:18:51 pm
No fingers. The ball never changed direction 1 millimeter. The fingers were close, that is all.
Either you have never played the game or have eye problems. Macon NEVER shoots a knuckle ball. A shot where there is no spin on the ball. The ball became a knuckle ball two feet out of his hand therefore the ball had to be touched by the opposition. Doesn't matter now, the ref's were never going to let Arkansas win that game. The proof ? Free throw discrepancy.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Sharky

Quote from: maxhog5 on March 19, 2017, 07:59:09 pm
Not executing their offense the final 5 minutes of the game cost the Razorbacks the game.

Yeah, not like going 2-9 from the field and 0-2 from the line in the last 6 minutes had anything to do with it.

Sharky

Quote from: gchamblee on March 21, 2017, 06:27:13 pm
This

We also got a couple of calls I was surprised we'd get. A walk; a flagrant.

We lost because we froze up with six minutes to go, went 0-2 from the line, and 2-9 from the field. A couple of those were terrible possessions where Dusty was wide open and instead someone took an off-balance shot while double-teamed. That's what happens with lack of experience in that situation.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on March 21, 2017, 08:03:32 pm
Precisely.

Get off the officials and accept the ineptitude of our half court offense under top shelf duress.

That's been a decades long issue under Nolan-esque ball changed only by special players like Corliss.

No issues but accept it.
who's not accepting it ?  just because others point out a critical mistake by the officials doesn't mean that in the end we don't accept....what else does one do ? Yeah, this top shelf defense can put a 3 guard offense under such duress and still commit only 4 fouls in a half of rough and tumble basketball ? also, its not as though we were firing up 3 balls all second half as we attacked thee basket and still only 4 fouls in a half....sorry, go sell that manure at the local fertilizer store
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

LZH

Quote from: Hogginintheville on March 19, 2017, 08:54:11 pm
Mike had no offense plays to call down the stretch. That's what cost him the game.

It's hard to tell his demeanor, but he seemed pretty pissed when talking about the last possession(s).  Makes me lean toward the notion that he called something but we didn't run it....just dribbled around with a deer-in-the-headlights look on our faces then jacked up a prayer.  The refs pissed on our win, sure, but we totally blew it at the end - we had our chances and froze.  Not sure if it's Mike's fault or not, but either way he's got to be able to make a call and expect his players to execute.

Cinco de Hogo

March 23, 2017, 09:11:06 am #135 Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:26:24 am by Cinco de Hogo
Everything fall on the coach in the end.  Players not executing a called play is still the coaches responsibility.  It's like a percentage game where you plan and practice to MAKE the percentages favor you.  Mike needs to really work on this aspect of his coaching.

We had a really good season and it ended with A bang not a meow. I like that dispite the last three minutes of the game which I hope the OP is still pissed about.

redleg

I am not a big fan of the Arkansas Times (self-proclaimed liberal paper), but Beau Wilcox does write some good articles about the Hogs. In fact, his Pearls About Swine column is the only sports article in the Times, and it's the only thing I would actually read in that "newspaper".
Wilcox's article concerning the Hogs vs Heels tourney game is very good, and hits the nail on the head!
:razorback:
http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/foul-play/Content?oid=5729355
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.