Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has anybody deployed to United Arab Emirates?

Started by AirForceHog, January 02, 2009, 08:26:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirForceHog

Just wondering what it is like there. I will be deploying there soon and need some info about the place.

What is it like and such?
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

H&D

I never went myself but some of my buddies liked it better than PSAB and Eskan Village.  Hey atleast it's not Iraq!!!
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

AirForceHog

I know a little about it and it's definately heaven compared to some places. Just curious as to what the facilities are like?

Airforcehawg

If you are talking about Al Dalfur I was there in Jan. 07. That place is a resort, it is ridiculous that you get hazardous duty, tax fee, and all the other good benefits for being there. If I am not mistaken you cant go off base because of a public display of affection incident. Something small that escalated into scuffle. The place is VERY nice, very clean. I cant speak for the living conditions (I was only there for the day doing an inspection) but the people that where there said they were very nice.

AirForceHog

Quote from: Airforcehawg on January 02, 2009, 10:12:57 pm
If you are talking about Al Dalfur I was there in Jan. 07. That place is a resort, it is ridiculous that you get hazardous duty, tax fee, and all the other good benefits for being there. If I am not mistaken you cant go off base because of a public display of affection incident. Something small that escalated into scuffle. The place is VERY nice, very clean. I cant speak for the living conditions (I was only there for the day doing an inspection) but the people that where there said they were very nice.

That's the place. Thanks for the rundown.

songofthesword

i am not in the army but i've been there 4 times for personal reasons. could give you the run around if need be.

dennab

Just remember, if 135's are there, the base will be crappy if your a maintainer.  Good luck. 

The guys I was in the Deid with last year liked Al Dafur much more than the Deid.  (Which isn't saying much, being that the Deid is the worst place I've been.)

AirForceHog

Really! The deid was pretty nice. Beer. Burger King. Pool. Movie theater. Basketball court(indoor). Trailers instead of tents. I liked it there. Good to here Al Dafur is just as nice.

H&D

Quote from: dennab on January 06, 2009, 10:29:25 am
Just remember, if 135's are there, the base will be crappy if your a maintainer.  Good luck. 

The guys I was in the Deid with last year liked Al Dafur much more than the Deid.  (Which isn't saying much, being that the Deid is the worst place I've been.)

Count yourself as lucky,  "The Deid" was the second nicest place I was ever sent. PSAB being the best.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Airforcehawg

January 06, 2009, 07:31:09 pm #9 Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 07:31:00 pm by Airforcehawg

Man the Died was nice...and now they have "Freedom Village" open so you live in dorms instead of trailers and having to walk to the Cadillacs at 3am to use the facilities. Nice theater there that was playing first run movies, nice BX, nice little computer area, and oh yeah YOU CAN DRINK. The only thing that I didn't like was the gym was always packed and super hot, although I would just work out at the CAOC gym, there was nobody at that one.

The worst i have went to was Bagram (Afghanistan) or Balad (Iraq) those places SUCKED!!!!!!

dennab

Quote from: AirForceHog on January 06, 2009, 10:36:40 am
Really! The deid was pretty nice. Beer. Burger King. Pool. Movie theater. Basketball court(indoor). Trailers instead of tents. I liked it there. Good to here Al Dafur is just as nice.
Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on January 06, 2009, 12:54:30 pm
Count yourself as lucky,  "The Deid" was the second nicest place I was ever sent. PSAB being the best.
Quote from: Airforcehawg on January 06, 2009, 07:31:09 pm
Man the Died was nice...and now they have "Freedom Village" open so you live in dorms instead of trailers and having to walk to the Cadillacs at 3am to use the facilities. Nice theater there that was playing first run movies, nice BX, nice little computer area, and oh yeah YOU CAN DRINK. The only thing that I didn't like was the gym was always packed and super hot, although I would just work out at the CAOC gym, there was nobody at that one.

The worst i have went to was Bagram (Afghanistan) or Balad (Iraq) those places SUCKED!!!!!!

I loved Balad... best place I've been in the Middle East.  I've also had friends from Mildenhall go to Bagram and they didn't mind it. 

Razorbackmedic

Man if you thought Balad sucked I would hate for you to see the REAL Iraq!!!

H&D

Quote from: Razorbackmedic on January 09, 2009, 09:15:35 am
Man if you thought Balad sucked I would hate for you to see the REAL Iraq!!!

Try Camp Sather in '03 before it was Sather and it was still Saddam International Airport........that was the suck.  We called it the Wild West, ever joe blow at that base had a gun and some of them were walking around with stuff they found laying around, crazy.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

OahuHawg

I was in Fujarah in 03 for about six months and that place was a resort. Yea it was hot but made good money and got completely wasted at the hotel we were staying at. Just stay away from the ting ting girls.

PennaHog

LOL..I'm leaving Bagram in 2 weeks to go to Qatar (CAS) for a little RnR.   Don't know a thing about UAE except a couple pilots got a video on youtube called "this is why we're hot" and it is supposed to be from there.

WPS
This comment is the absolute dumbest thing ever said on this board:

Quote from: Porkem Yung on December 05, 2010, 01:03:52 am
I thought you were a military man? 
You would think, serving our great country, would have taught you some respect for authority.
Lando is a moderator.  Respect his authority.

mattpod321

Quote from: AirForceHog on January 02, 2009, 08:26:38 am
Just wondering what it is like there. I will be deploying there soon and need some info about the place.

Hey I'm in Al Dhafra right now now....you here yet?  It's ok....you get into a VERY short daily routine. I work about every 2-3 days, and off days it's always the same....wake up, watch movies all day, eat, work out, sleep. 
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Razorbacks#1

Don't know much about the place other than what I have heard. Go for it. After deploying on a MiTT, I realized that some of my Soldiers needed a break, and we sent them down there or to Qatar. Being stationed down there must be awesome. Don't know many army guys who have not completed their 3rd or 4th tour in OEF/OIF who would love that taker. Go For It.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hawgrunner

bayhogfan18

I was on a MEU in 03 and the ship we was having problems so we ported at UAE for along time while the navy made repairs we had a blast but couldnt rly go ne where but it like we said if you have a group of good Marines or soilders any place can be a good time. I sure you will enjoy it