Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Redshirting

Started by Nipsey Mussle, December 13, 2014, 12:25:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

Why doesn't MA redshirt anyone....like ever? It appears Babb and Thompson would've been good candidates for that this year. I'm not condemning him for it, but simply wondering. Thoughts?

Swinesong1

Quote from: BBsTheMan on December 13, 2014, 12:25:18 am
Why doesn't MA redshirt anyone....like ever? It appears Babb and Thompson would've been good candidates for that this year. I'm not condemning him for it, but simply wondering. Thoughts?
Outside of injury, transfer or academics, there's not much redshirting anywhere in major college hoops.

rusvegashog

hoggrad10

Thompsons definitely should have redshirted, I don't bash mike and do believe in the guy, but I believe Thompson not redshirting this year will be a future mistake.  The guy was a step slow and less physical than madden in the red white game.  I said the same thing about babb actually but I think the game was just a little to fast for him, I think we will watch him steadily pick it up throughout the year in the few minutes a game he will average. 

nextlevel

Quote from: Swinesong1 on December 13, 2014, 12:27:46 am
Outside of injury, transfer or academics, there's not much redshirting anywhere in major college hoops.

Yeah, players are not redshirted anymore because they will transfer out if they want playing time they are not getting and will need their RS year for doing that.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell