Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are Screwed.

Started by 913hog, November 23, 2012, 07:00:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

913hog

I don't have any faith in Jeff Long.  I bet it is going to be Butch Davis or Tuberville.  #hellodannyfordyears

Pork Twain

Thanks for creating a post to inform us all that you do not know jack.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Bubba's Bruisers

I know jack.  Just not the jack we are talking about.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

913hog

Does anybody on here know Jack?

tophawg19

yep we fired him years ago. by the way butch or tubby would be good hires . both would do well here
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hawg Life

Davis may be my fourth option, but he's still a Home Run.

Pork Twain

Obviously Long knows what he is doing, because nobody else has a clue.

Butch would be a great hire, TT not so much.

Carry on
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HOGINTENNESSEE

If Butch and Tubs are as far as fall. We will be ok.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on November 23, 2012, 07:10:14 pm
If Butch and Tubs are as far as fall. We will be ok.

Yep, but hope Butch is ahead of TT.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bpoecell

Finally, I hadn't seen a thread yet expressing this particular sentiment.

Mrcoolhog55

No I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU. LONG HAS GOT TO HIRE AS GOOD AS A COACH AS POSSIBLE. a COACH WHO IS AT LEAST EVEN WITH PETRINO.. Look I will support any of the big name coaches posted here on Hogville. Today JLS blew this game with his bad coaching decisions. The coaches costed us this game, as well as poor play by the players. They did not execute at critical times of the game. Oh well this has been the story of the Hogs season. I have been to 2 games this year, and we are nowhere near playing as good as under Petrino, Bobby that is. He was one great coach who had an offensive mind, and he had control of things. The players feared if they did not play up to what he wanted, then they would lose their starting positions.... Petrino was like Saban, except in an offemnsive way....Go Hogs Go next year. Under a new, and better coach. jls now go, and leave....

rljjr

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: 913hog on November 23, 2012, 07:00:02 pm
I don't have any faith in Jeff Long.  I bet it is going to be Butch Davis or Tuberville.  #hellodannyfordyears

Burt B.

HoggusMaximus

Speedracer

I would be happy "settling" for Butch Davis.  Great coach, proven winner, and can recruit and develop
Like smites bother me.

hobhog

Its Chris Peterson. Relax.....

Dirty

Quote from: 913hog on November 23, 2012, 07:04:36 pm
Does anybody on here know Jack?

Jack Bauer!  He is an awesome CTU agent.

HoggerNocker

The op knows jack, Jack Daniels that is. This was clearly an alcohol inspired thread!

913hog

Jeff Long destroyed us with firing Bobby.  He brought us back to Nutt type conditions with bringing in John L.  Petrino wasn't his first choice.  He wanted Tuberville, Grobe and Tommy Bowden.  He knows he is bullet proof because Helen Walton loves him.  I hope there is a home run, but knowing his track record I wouldn't bet on it.  It is almost my bedtime.

913hog

Helen Walton  has been dead for 5 years but she loved John White.  #sameballpark

Dirty

Quote from: 913hog on November 23, 2012, 08:45:54 pm
Jeff Long destroyed us with firing Bobby.  He brought us back to Nutt type conditions with bringing in John L.  Petrino wasn't his first choice.  He wanted Tuberville, Grobe and Tommy Bowden.  He knows he is bullet proof because Helen Walton loves him.  I hope there is a home run, but knowing his track record I wouldn't bet on it.  It is almost my bedtime.

OK!  You go ahead and run along upstairs.  Mommy will be up soon with a warm glass of milk.

Just pulling your chain.

LumberBacks

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on November 23, 2012, 07:38:59 pm
The coaches costed us this game, as well as poor play by the players, as well as the tired-ass officiating.
FIFY

LumberBacks

Quote from: Dirty on November 23, 2012, 08:49:42 pm
OK!  You go ahead and run along upstairs.  Mommy will be up soon with a warm glass of milk.
What about the snikerdoodles?

hoglady

Butch Davis is a damn fine coach.
Those that have concerns over No Carolina and the NCAA I can understand.
But he's got a great resume, he can recruit and bring in top flight assistants.
He may not be the flashiest, flavor of the year hire - but he might actually be the best man for the job.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

whosiskid

Let me demonstrate the art of the syllogism by applying it to your argument:

Major Premise: I don't have faith in Jeff Long
Minor Premse: We are screwed when I don't have faith in people
Conclusion: We are screwed because I don't have faith in Jeff Long

As a piece of logical reasoning, it isn't very cogent. Nor very interesting. Except perhaps what it tells us about your mental operations.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

hoglady

Quote from: whosiskid on November 23, 2012, 10:29:45 pm
Let me demonstrate the art of the syllogism by applying it to your argument:

Major Premise: I don't have faith in Jeff Long
Minor Premse: We are screwed when I don't have faith in people
Conclusion: We are screwed because I don't have faith in Jeff Long

As a piece of logical reasoning, it isn't very cogent. Nor very interesting. Except perhaps what it tells us about your mental operations.

Off Topic
You've got a great looking Shepard there - beautiful.
Gotta be a really, really good person to live up to what our dogs think of us.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

whosiskid

Quote from: hoglady on November 23, 2012, 10:35:49 pm
Off Topic
You've got a great looking Shepard there - beautiful.
Gotta be a really, really good person to live up to what our dogs think of us.

Thank you! He just turned five this week but most people think he is 2 given how active he is. I really love my dog. And he doesn't seem to have the capacity for meanness or aggression (though that's not true - a guy once threatened my daughter on the beach and he was clearly ready to intervene if the guy had not walked off). If another dog acts aggressive towards him, he just assumes it is a misunderstanding and still tries to be friendly towards them. As a result, he has about a dozen dog friends whose owners say he is the only dog their dog likes.

But no, I'm not all that good. Though Lion (the name of my dog) is very forgiving. He did, however, think I was pretty sweet tonight when I got home from grocery shopping. Had a bag of Milo's Meatballs for dogs. He goes insane for those.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

StreetThief99

Quote from: Shocktheman on September 25, 2010, 07:33:57 am
Guys Im outnumbered here at FOB Sharana. . .Taliban outside the wire and Bama fans inside!  Send Hogs fans with beer immediately!

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: BeoPig™ on November 23, 2012, 07:02:55 pm
Thanks for creating a post to inform us all that you do not know jack.

You've been defending the idiot Long and showing you don't know jack for 8 months now.  Why are you special? 
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

hogdogcrazy

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on November 23, 2012, 07:38:59 pm
No I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU. LONG HAS GOT TO HIRE AS GOOD AS A COACH AS POSSIBLE. a COACH WHO IS AT LEAST EVEN WITH PETRINO.. Look I will support any of the big name coaches posted here on Hogville. Today JLS blew this game with his bad coaching decisions. The coaches costed us this game, as well as poor play by the players. They did not execute at critical times of the game. Oh well this has been the story of the Hogs season. I have been to 2 games this year, and we are nowhere near playing as good as under Petrino, Bobby that is. He was one great coach who had an offensive mind, and he had control of things. The players feared if they did not play up to what he wanted, then they would lose their starting positions.... Petrino was like Saban, except in an offemnsive way....Go Hogs Go next year. Under a new, and better coach. jls now go, and leave....

LMAO, Good Luck finding somebody on par with an elite coach.  We were damn lucky to have BP to begin with and even dumber for letting him go. 

The WRONG person is still left in the BAC if we want to be a contender in Football.  Get rid of Long and perhaps we could proceed.   Instead he has the support of a lot of people who could care less if we are 4-8 or 11-2.  Long should be run out of town for what he did to this program. 
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.

sigpooie

Now that's a plan the hill would work with. Let long hire his next bad choice, ala Pel, then we can fire him without looking like a bunch of "well you know"  for getting rid of Mr Ethics.   
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

McHogLovin

Quote from: hobhog on November 23, 2012, 08:23:11 pm
Its Chris Peterson. Relax.....

I really hope so.  Announce him next week.  Boise playing a meaningless bowl this year so the fans of Boise might be butt hurt enough to tell him to go ahead and head to Arkansas early.  I would be if I were a Boise fan.  This guy is the real deal.  Not many names are gonna satisfy me after CBP.  This is one of very, very few that I would be thriled with.

McHogLovin

Quote from: sigpooie on November 24, 2012, 07:01:58 am
Now that's a plan the hill would work with. Let long hire his next bad choice, ala Pel, then we can fire him without looking like a bunch of "well you know"  for getting rid of Mr Ethics.   

Screw that.  I hate Long but I want the man to hit a Grand Slam.  I can't watch much more of this.  Been through it with the Chiefs already.  Die hard for years but they finally killed me.  You can only watch that kind of crapiness for so long before you wisely stop looking forward to football season and wasting weekends at home on the couch. 

hoglady

Quote from: whosiskid on November 23, 2012, 10:45:30 pm
Thank you! He just turned five this week but most people think he is 2 given how active he is. I really love my dog. And he doesn't seem to have the capacity for meanness or aggression (though that's not true - a guy once threatened my daughter on the beach and he was clearly ready to intervene if the guy had not walked off). If another dog acts aggressive towards him, he just assumes it is a misunderstanding and still tries to be friendly towards them. As a result, he has about a dozen dog friends whose owners say he is the only dog their dog likes.

But no, I'm not all that good. Though Lion (the name of my dog) is very forgiving. He did, however, think I was pretty sweet tonight when I got home from grocery shopping. Had a bag of Milo's Meatballs for dogs. He goes insane for those.

He sounds great.
Our dogs sure make this world a better place.

hogfan2000

Anyone who is comfortable with Jeff Long leading this search is living in a alternate universe.  You are the same people that care nothing about the debt that is accumulating by the millions every minute!  Why? Because people for some reason trust those who are leaders are going to do what is best for the masses! That some Ivy League nerd is so much more educated than us that he has to know better than me!  Wake up people. The Jeff longs of the world are currently destroying this country!  Now, he might well make a good hire, but it will be despite him instead of because of him! Just like if this country rebounds! It won't be because of some piece of shite in Washington DC! It will because of we the people. I don't trust Jeff Long with my University's future anymore than I trust a politician with my kids future. I would hope some of you feel the same.

sigpooie

Quote from: McHogLovin on November 24, 2012, 07:16:19 am
Screw that.  I hate Long but I want the man to hit a Grand Slam.  I can't watch much more of this.  Been through it with the Chiefs already.  Die hard for years but they finally killed me.  You can only watch that kind of crapiness for so long before you wisely stop looking forward to football season and wasting weekends at home on the couch.

Same here, but I just don't think he can do it ala track, who he wanted pre-cbp and Pel. this man does not understand what this program means to us. And I don't really want to be like Pitt, I want to be better as in and D mn NC every 5 to 7 years in something. The simple fact of how he hired a baby sitter for a top 10 team in enough for me to say, bye bye long
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson