Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's different

Started by jpsand, November 24, 2016, 09:32:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jpsand

November 24, 2016, 09:32:24 pm Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:44:02 pm by jpsand
How can LSU run for 300 and pass for about the same and we could not score from the 3 with 4 downs.  Ever since we played a&am their defense has not looked the Same on defense.  What's the difference?

IronHog

Quote from: jpsand on November 24, 2016, 09:32:24 pm
How can LSU run for 300 and pass for about the same and could not score from the 3 with 4 downs.  Ever since we played a&am their defense has not looked the Same on defense.  What's the difference?

Skipper hurt most of their defense.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

mhsbc59

TAM always a flash in the pan no substance
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

RebelliousHog

Quote from: mhsbc59 on November 24, 2016, 09:37:35 pm
TAM always a flash in the pan no substance

Only one year were they over 500 in the SEC under Summy. Year one was 6-2 conference
Since then? 4-4  3-5  4-4  4-4   21-19 in 5 years in the SEC. Nothing to brag about considering the recruiting base of Tejas.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Sed76

For some reason they always look like real contenders when we play them. By November they have turned into pretenders who limp to the finish line every year.

TDHawgs

Because we get called for big penalties when we make big plays. Refs have killed us as much as anything at Jerry's World.

bennyl08

Difference is the aggies themselves. They just lost to both miss teams. We whooped both miss teams. Agies started strong and faded fast which they often do. Not sure the reasoning. They lost their starting qb for a stretch which is the main reason they lost to the miss schools. On defense, maybe they don't have depth or don't use it. Maybe they quit easily once they aren't playing for a natty.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

ZERO

This is two, maybe three years running now that A&M has had QB woes some time long after our game. aTm is a seriously good team with Trevor Knight at the helm. He went down, so they're not the same team. They always seem to beat us, climb way up in the rankings by mid-season, and then undergo some misfortune that we aren't lucky enough to have any part in. Next year, they'll find some miracle patch up for their confusingly on-going QB trouble, and then the same thing will happen.

I'm getting sick of TAMU having our number for no actually good reason other than timing.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

IronHog

Quote from: ZERO on November 25, 2016, 03:22:45 am
This is two, maybe three years running now that A&M has had QB woes some time long after our game. aTm is a seriously good team with Trevor Knight at the helm. He went down, so they're not the same team. They always seem to beat us, climb way up in the rankings by mid-season, and then undergo some misfortune that we aren't lucky enough to have any part in. Next year, they'll find some miracle patch up for their confusingly on-going QB trouble, and then the same thing will happen.

I'm getting sick of TAMU having our number for no actually good reason other than timing.

Big part of that is Bama and Arkansas wearing them down.

Texas teams are soft serve.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Sed76 on November 24, 2016, 11:14:11 pm
For some reason they always look like real contenders when we play them. By November they have turned into pretenders who limp to the finish line every year.

They looked like contenders this year in the second half. Last two years was because our own mistakes and bad 4th quarter defense. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

TDHawgs

Please don't dismiss the unreal amount of penalties at key times we get against A&M... it's unreal bad. To me that plays a role as much as anything. I swear Skipper gets hit with at least 5 penalties a game at Jerry's World, usually when we score a TD as well.