Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official game thread...

Started by Boarcephus, January 01, 2006, 07:40:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofullofwayne

I mentioned that extra pass earlier and NOW it cost us. Hunter too big to take a pass at that angle but great defense once again.
Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

WindyCityHog

I'm all for McCurdy.....Score?

Zen_Hog

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Golfer

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on January 01, 2006, 09:06:27 pm
Quote from: Boarcephus on January 01, 2006, 09:04:47 pm
Who is Steven Hunter?

Dude who has been hurt for us past seasons.

No the dude that has been hurt was VINCENT HUNTER.

rocknhog

sofullofwayne

Lmao I had a brainfart. I meant to say Vincent Hunter. Steven is an NBA player.
Suddenly, you die in a car wreck. Everyone is shocked. Wonder how your family, wife or son/daughter is coping? Now stop for a second and think, did they truly know how much you loved them? Well, go make sure...

rocknhog

Boarcephus

Quote from: Ethen on January 01, 2006, 09:07:58 pm
Lmao I had a brainfart. I meant to say Vincent Hunter. Steven is an NBA player.

We'll let that one slide! :)  No such luck Dmac

rocknhog

sofullofwayne

Boarcephus

sofullofwayne

OMFOWNED

THROW IT DOWN BIG MAN!

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

sofullofwayne

If anyone is wearing a hat, take it off for this defense!

rocknhog

Boarcephus

GrizzledHogFan

Brewer has 23 pts, Townes has 19 pts, Modica has 14 pts

sofullofwayne

Persistant pressure on the ball and strength in the open court is creating easy shots and WIU is flaking big time.

We need to keep hitting shots it is important to end this game on good notes.

WindyCityHog

With this game, perhaps the Hogs get at least 1 vote in the ESPN/Coach's poll >:(

GrizzledHogFan

Townes has 9 rebs and 4 blocks to go with his 19 pts

GrizzledHogFan

rocknhog

Quote from: WindyCityHog on January 01, 2006, 09:19:14 pm
With this game, perhaps the Hogs get at least 1 vote in the ESPN/Coach's poll >:(
No doubt, my best friend is A Texas A&M alum and was bragging they have 9 votes to our 0

sofullofwayne

No kidding. Respect is being questioned obviously. The world wants to know if Arkansas has .really. got it together.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Ethen on January 01, 2006, 09:20:52 pm

No kidding. Respect is being questioned obviously. The world wants to know if Arkansas has .really. got it together.

I think the answer to that is YES

Zen_Hog

Ha, just remembered steven hunter sucks!! he does alright i guess, but should do better for the sixers

GrizzledHogFan

rocknhog

77-50, Mccurdy 2-2 from threes

sofullofwayne

Wow Townes looking for another throwdown.

GrizzledHogFan

Townes just got his 10th rebound

Boarcephus

Dykes is sure high on McCurdy, as are many others.  Hogs up 79-50  4:45 left

GrizzledHogFan

Townes is now 5 blocks away from a triple-double.  Too bad he won't get it.

sofullofwayne

AW McCurdy in and out for three.

GrizzledHogFan

sofullofwayne

Hill needs to be softer with the ball, good look though.

Foshodo

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 01, 2006, 09:24:29 pm
Dykes is sure high on McCurdy, as are many others. Hogs up 79-50 4:45 left

maybe now he'll get off of Hill... his mancrush on Steven Hill the last month or so has made me want to vomit a lil bit...

whatsshakinbacon

nice game tonight - pretty solid even as we head into the last 4 minutes with a big lead.

I'm thinking our outside game has improved just enough to be respected by defenses.  The interior passing has gotten cleaner, but Western Illinois doesn't quite have the wingspans or quickness that SEC teams will present. 

Solid game, improvement is shown, and if McCurdy can work his defensive skills a bit more we're a probable to win or possibly come in 2nd in the West behind LSU.

Foshodo

nice to see Preston in the game... hopefully he can play alot in the SEC games....

Golfer

Quote from: Foshodo on January 01, 2006, 09:28:36 pm

maybe now he'll get off of Hill... his mancrush on Steven Hill the last month or so has made me want to vomit a lil bit...

Is that all you can find to complain about? Geez....

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: ConwayHog on January 01, 2006, 08:53:54 pm
Quote from: Boarcephus on January 01, 2006, 08:41:04 pm
Quote from: ConwayHog on January 01, 2006, 08:34:49 pm
Bacon-When did we run motion? I thought they were in zone the entire first half. I was getting some supper for a minute or two so I could have missed it.

I think he's referring more to ball movement. We've quit settling for 3's against the zone and getting the ball inside more

Probably so. As a former player it's a pet peeve of man for people to comment about running motion against a zone. I agree with the ball movement. I really doubted Bacon was confusing the two. He's seems more knowledgeable than that. As I told him I missed a small portion of the first half and about the 1st :30 of the second half so I haven't seen every possession.

Sorry for letting this one drop - they have hit us with matchup a lot of the night, but play tightly enough that it has resembled man.  Regardless we've had a lot of motion offense with good screens down low and off of the elbow to free up our passing.  I've been rather impressed with the movement by players off the ball.

sofullofwayne

Foshodo

Quote from: Golfer on January 01, 2006, 09:32:05 pm

I guess you're the one that gave me the smite... maybe you have a mancrush on Dykes?

mine was in jest... Im not one of the Razorback dardsiders... sorry to dissapoint.

rocknhog

Dykes is pushing the road game again, saying that's why were not getting votes. Okahoma is ranked 15th with two losses. Lost to Villanova in their only road game and got drilled by West Virginia in OKC. Doesn't measure up to losses to UCONN and Maryland on a neutral court.

WindyCityHog

Bacon...you disappoint.

Hogs should finish ahead of LSU....Bama is whom I'm worried about in the West.

WindyCity Out!

whatsshakinbacon

alright - now we're 11-2.  I'm starting a thread to see what everyone thinks about how we stand compared to expectations - feel free to post away!

Bacon out...

Boarcephus

Hogs win by 29. 83-54.  McCurdy will play a major role this year.

Golfer

Quote from: Foshodo on January 01, 2006, 09:34:17 pm
Quote from: Golfer on January 01, 2006, 09:32:05 pm

I guess you're the one that gave me the smite... maybe you have a mancrush on Dykes?

mine was in jest... Im not one of the Razorback dardsiders... sorry to dissapoint.

No I didn't smite you.  I also responded in jest.  Sorry... And no, I don't have a mancrush on Dykes. I like females . lol  Happy New Year.

WindyCityHog

Does a 29 point margin qualify as an ass-kicking?

Lanny?

Boarcephus

Good game by Townes,  21 pts, 11 boards, 5 blocks