Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Real Reason Hog Fans are Angry

Started by Roaringboar, September 19, 2017, 04:02:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many games will we lose due to second half collapse this season?

1-3
8 (22.9%)
3-5
11 (31.4%)
5-7
5 (14.3%)
7-10
4 (11.4%)
7 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: September 26, 2017, 04:56:24 pm

Roaringboar

Everyone keeps saying "The reason fans are angry is because we aren't undefeated every year" or "well it's because we aren't winning the SEC every year." It is not that. Not at all. I have defended Bilema every single year until this TCU game. I mean, really since the Missouri game last year. Let's face it. It's not that Hog fans want a national title every year. It's not even that we want the SEC title every year. It's the fact that we keep coming so close only to blow it. First it was second half collapses, then it was fourth quarter collapses, then it was time to change the defense, and now it's fourth quarter collapses again.

Until the final four minutes of the TCU game it was 14-7......YET WE LOST IT 28-7????? That's the real reason we're angry and want Bilema gone. I mean, if we don't beat A&M there is no denying where we are as a program, at the very bottom. And considering Bilema is getting paid 4 million a year almost just to win an average of maybe 7 games is ridiculous. I can do better than that. You pay me 6 million and I won't win a single game. That I can promise you. So where do I get to sign. That is the problem we have today. There are too many issues with this Hog team.

It's one thing when the players are giving it an effort and there's no way they can win, kinda like Alabama, but what happened against TCU was just wrong. And Florida A&M was just as bad win or no-win. Look at the cost to drive to Fayettville to see these games that are just heartbreakers. Oh we're winning it and then all of a sudden it's like we just forget how to play ball. That's why Hog fans are angry, and that all boils down to coaching. The current state of this team is just a joke.

Especially when you compare it to the John L. Smith years. It's the exact same thing, and I didn't see any of these Bilema praisers up saying, "Oh give Smiley a chance." No, because we had the talent to play better, and he just blew it, just like Bilema is now. We should easily win 8-9 a year. If it wasn't for so many blown second halves where we simply lost games, not because of the other team playing better, but us just collapsing and giving it away, we'd be a top 20 team the last three years with at least 9 wins each season. That boils down to coaching, and that's why so many of us want Bilema gone.
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

tasteslikechicken

Yes. It is not the just the losses, rather the way in which we arrive at those losses.

porkrindjimmy

RazorWest

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 19, 2017, 04:02:34 pm
Everyone keeps saying "The reason fans are angry is because we aren't undefeated every year" or "well it's because we aren't winning the SEC every year." It is not that. Not at all. I have defended Bilema every single year until this TCU game. I mean, really since the Missouri game last year. Let's face it. It's not that Hog fans want a national title every year. It's not even that we want the SEC title every year. It's the fact that we keep coming so close only to blow it. First it was second half collapses, then it was fourth quarter collapses, then it was time to change the defense, and now it's fourth quarter collapses again.

Until the final four minutes of the TCU game it was 14-7......YET WE LOST IT 28-7????? That's the real reason we're angry and want Bilema gone. I mean, if we don't beat A&M there is no denying where we are as a program, at the very bottom. And considering Bilema is getting paid 4 million a year almost just to win an average of maybe 7 games is ridiculous. I can do better than that. You pay me 6 million and I won't win a single game. That I can promise you. So where do I get to sign. That is the problem we have today. There are too many issues with this Hog team.

It's one thing when the players are giving it an effort and there's no way they can win, kinda like Alabama, but what happened against TCU was just wrong. And Florida A&M was just as bad win or no-win. Look at the cost to drive to Fayettville to see these games that are just heartbreakers. Oh we're winning it and then all of a sudden it's like we just forget how to play ball. That's why Hog fans are angry, and that all boils down to coaching. The current state of this team is just a joke.

Especially when you compare it to the John L. Smith years. It's the exact same thing, and I didn't see any of these Bilema praisers up saying, "Oh give Smiley a chance." No, because we had the talent to play better, and he just blew it, just like Bilema is now. We should easily win 8-9 a year. If it wasn't for so many blown second halves where we simply lost games, not because of the other team playing better, but us just collapsing and giving it away, we'd be a top 20 team the last three years with at least 9 wins each season. That boils down to coaching, and that's why so many of us want Bilema gone.

For me it's not the score but what my eyes saw.  I know it was 14-7, but what I saw was TCU domination over the hogs in every facet and the only reason that score wasn't worse was due to TCU shooting themselves in the foot.  The score saw a close game with 4 minutes left, my eyes saw a beat down the whole game

Roaringboar

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 04:12:59 pm
It is the wanting of nice things...

PRJ

In a way yes it is and in a way no it's not. Let's face it. I'm going to say something I never thought I'd say, I'm not sure we could beat A-State!!!! And I HATE THIS TEAM!!!! I mean, I want to say the Hogs would slaughter them every year, but can you honestly say that now. Not without a tinge of doubt because the truth is we are barely an average level Sun Belt team right now, especially if we lose Saturday. I mean, it's not just wanting nice things, it's winning the games we used to know we would win. Like this A&M program this week. It's sad when after week 1 we crush our FCS opponent and see A&M collapse against a team that just lost to Memphis, and we are scared that this weekend they will crush us.....That's the problem.

Hogdomer

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 19, 2017, 04:16:45 pm
In a way yes it is and in a way no it's not. Let's face it. I'm going to say something I never thought I'd say, I'm not sure we could beat A-State!!!! And I HATE THIS TEAM!!!! I mean, I want to say the Hogs would slaughter them every year, but can you honestly say that now. Not without a tinge of doubt because the truth is we are barely an average level Sun Belt team right now, especially if we lose Saturday. I mean, it's not just wanting nice things, it's winning the games we used to know we would win. Like this A&M program this week. It's sad when after week 1 we crush our FCS opponent and see A&M collapse against a team that just lost to Memphis, and we are scared that this weekend they will crush us.....That's the problem.

I agree, this is it.  No one wants a change because we lose to Alabama every year.  No one.  People are mad because we consistently lose to teams and programs we are accustomed to beating.  Texas A&M, TCU, Texas Tech, Toledo, Missouri, Rutgers.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 19, 2017, 04:16:45 pm

The wins are the nice things brotha...I don't disagree with your premise but as I said in another thread, it isn't love for Bobby Petrino...Bobby showed us we could have nice things within the program. Fans may think he is a scumbag but they still want nice things...See where I am going here?

And you are probably correct on A State and Memphis....

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hogdomer on September 19, 2017, 04:21:40 pm
I agree, this is it.  No one wants a change because we lose to Alabama every year.  No one.  People are mad because we consistently lose to teams and programs we are accustomed to beating.  Texas A&M, TCU, Texas Tech, Toledo, Missouri, Rutgers.

And the constantly being unprepared...the way we look when we lose....etc..etc...

PRJ

hoggusamoungus

At 14-7,  the game's tied if the tight end doesn't inexplicably run out of the back of the end zone before coming back to catch the ball.  Last TD came after a fumbled kick off return.  Not excuses for anything or anyone, just facts that seem to get overlooked.

JOKERHOG

I was banned once or claiming that JL Smith would have more wins than Beliema.  I still believe it
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Roaringboar

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 04:24:22 pm
The wins are the nice things brotha...I don't disagree with your premise but as I said in another thread, it isn't love for Bobby Petrino...Bobby showed us we could have nice things within the program. Fans may think he is a scumbag but they still want nice things...See where I am going here?

And you are probably correct on A State and Memphis....

PRJ

I totally agree. I just wish people would quit saying that "these fans who want him gone just want him gone for the wins". I mean, let's face it, isn't that the reason he's making millions, to WIN GAMES..... I just get sick of these other fans going, "You just want Petrino back". That's not it. I'd be happy with someone who didn't make us look like idiots. I mean, Razorback football is a very special commodity here unlike anything else in the country. It's a part of who we are, and people act like asking for more out of a guy making a fortune is being a fair-weather fan. Maybe if more people took pride in this program rather than make excuses when we suck, we'd actually be something more. That's what happened with Nutt, we just ran out of excuses, and he was way more successful than Bilema has been.

Roaringboar

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on September 19, 2017, 04:29:20 pm
At 14-7,  the game's tied if the tight end doesn't inexplicably run out of the back of the end zone before coming back to catch the ball.  Last TD came after a fumbled kick off return.  Not excuses for anything or anyone, just facts that seem to get overlooked.

Not overlooked, but the TD off the fumbled kick is what I'm talking about. Even if it's 21-7, you're telling me that our kick returner can't hold onto the dang ball....and that was just a minor take away from that game....

nchogg

I hope you are wrong. TCU crushed my confidence but will have to see Saturday. I like our coaches and players but something has to change. Go Hogs!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Roaringboar on September 19, 2017, 04:31:22 pm
I totally agree. I just wish people would quit saying that "these fans who want him gone just want him gone for the wins". I mean, let's face it, isn't that the reason he's making millions, to WIN GAMES..... I just get sick of these other fans going, "You just want Petrino back". That's not it. I'd be happy with someone who didn't make us look like idiots. I mean, Razorback football is a very special commodity here unlike anything else in the country. It's a part of who we are, and people act like asking for more out of a guy making a fortune is being a fair-weather fan. Maybe if more people took pride in this program rather than make excuses when we suck, we'd actually be something more. That's what happened with Nutt, we just ran out of excuses, and he was way more successful than Bilema has been.

Everytime you are critical of Bret, there are going to be some who throw out you just want Bobby back. That is their pattern....they just want to call you a bad fan....only real fans love Bret....Don't fall for it...tell them no..the coaching is horrendous and you only want nice things...

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: nchogg on September 19, 2017, 04:33:29 pm
I hope you are wrong. TCU crushed my confidence but will have to see Saturday. I like our coaches and players but something has to change. Go Hogs!

I am not talking personally but what exactly do you like about these coaches? What exactly do you have confidence in these coaches for?

PRJ

007 License To Squeal

If it wasn't for so many blown second halves where we simply lost games, not because of the other team playing better, but us just collapsing and giving it away, we'd be a top 20 team the last three years with at least 9 wins each season. That boils down to coaching, and that's why so many of us want Bilema gone.

Truer words have never been posted.......and I would like to add that too many times I have witnessed BB teams seemingly unprepared to play from the first play......again, coaching.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Roaringboar

Quote from: JOKERHOG on September 19, 2017, 04:29:22 pm
I was banned once or claiming that JL Smith would have more wins than Beliema.  I still believe it

Oh yeah, the Hogville powers-that-be are all about pushing Bilema, but then again, they have no evidence to support why we should give him more time. We've given him five years. You can't blame recruiting. We've given him new facilities. Renovating the stadium. Highly paid coordinators and positions coaches. We've spoon fed this guy like a toddler, and all were getting his b.s in exchange. If we'd won against Virginia Tech last year I wouldn't be this way right now. Even after the way our season began. But for us to have a T.E missing due to behavior, and a W.R kicked out for spitting in another players face. I mean, I keep hearing the morals argument. Sure as heck didn't have that many that week it would seem......

tasteslikechicken

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on September 19, 2017, 04:29:20 pm

If Ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Godfather

I really think it boils down to the selling of a product that is vaporware:

"We'll be great on offense... defense looks awesome.... just wait till you see those backs...."

Then the product on the field is the same 'ole yugo.     :puke:

Nothing special, in fact, things in many cases have actually taken steps backwards.  Well, couple that with the horrible stadium experience (long lines to get in and concessions disaster) and the excellent TV broadcasts and you get the grand sum of apathy. 

Yeah, I have hog gear, one on my car and attend most games, but I'm quickly thinking I don't want to waste a whole day attending a game when I can watch from my recliner and go to the potty, top off my brew, grab another brat, and check my mail.  All in a single timeout.
WPS to the end.

The real Hogules

It all starts up front with a true running teams and we just aren't punching holes in the defense. We have a QB that is attempting to put the entire offense on his shoulders and tends to hang onto the football too long on pass plays, hoping to find an open receiver. Our receivers aren't physical enough and are getting man handled.
The defense was serviceable against TCU, but gave up at the end, which was understandable, but still disappointing to witness.
I guess we'll see what corrections have been made during the off week. And hopefully the team will play 4 quarters instead of just 2.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Roaringboar

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 19, 2017, 04:35:43 pm
Truer words have never been posted.......and I would like to add that too many times I have witnessed BB teams seemingly unprepared to play from the first play......again, coaching.

Exactly. I mean, it's like sometimes he doesn't even read over the scouting reports....like.....ever.....

Roaringboar

Quote from: nchogg on September 19, 2017, 04:33:29 pm

For the most part, our coaches really our nice guys, but isn't there a saying like, "Nice guys always finish last"..... I like Dan Enos, and I think it's too early to fire Rhoads since we just promoted him, though he wasn't my initial hire. I mean, he took over our secondary last year and we all remember how much of a nightmare that was. I mean, this is a team with three head coaches essentially, Bilema, Enos from Central Michigan, and Rhoads from Iowa State, and you can tell based on their paychecks. And they still aren't winning. Bilema is either not good at finding position coaches, or he is not watching what is coordinators are doing.

Look, it's like this. Every time you see Saban at practice where is he? He's out there amongst the guys. He's right there working with them. Offense and Defense. Where is Brett, on the side chit chatting, or maybe doing another interview, or just looking at a clip board. I feel like he leaves too much to his coaches, which if they're good then fine so be it if it works, but it's not working here. Enos has a lot of potential, but Bilema should be chewing him a new one and really showing some fire and rage at that offense after the way it ran last week. Has anyone seen anything like that? No. It's like I saw a guy say earlier this week about Saban. Even if Bama wins, if Saban sees something he didn't like, he tells them at the p.c. Not all nice and fatherly like either. He's full wrath and fury about it. Bret just isn't that way. That's what worries me so much about his system at Arkansas and why I feel that if we don't win at least 8 games this year in the regular season, then he's not the guy for the job. Just ask yourself, how many wins do you see this staff winning this year? Honestly? Maybe two for sure? That only gets us to three wins, and that's where the problem comes in....

Biggus Piggus

The TCU game was inexcusable. Offense was broken with no adjustments to its reality. Days after the game, coaches assure us that the skill players forgotten on Saturday will figure high in the ATM game plan. Wwwwwwhy? Who's steering this tub?

We have no good explanation for the TCU mess, but I will give one. The coaches were hampered in preparation by all the receiver injuries PLUS an undisclosed August injury to Austin Allen. The TCU game plan was way under-practiced. We saw what good crossing fingers does.
[CENSORED]!

cityhog

The thing that gave me a glimmer of hope when BB arrived was his promise that his teams wood NOT get blown out. I've witnessed more humiliating defeats in his short time here than I had in my previous 45 as a fan. Pretty much done at this point.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 19, 2017, 05:03:41 pm
The TCU game was inexcusable. Offense was broken with no adjustments to its reality. Days after the game, coaches assure us that the skill players forgotten on Saturday will figure high in the ATM game plan. Wwwwwwhy? Who's steering this tub?

We have no good explanation for the TCU mess, but I will give one. The coaches were hampered in preparation by all the receiver injuries PLUS an undisclosed August injury to Austin Allen. The TCU game plan was way under-practiced. We saw what good crossing fingers does.

These are all faults that lie primarily with the coach. I mean, it's like I said. I like Bilema and his staff, but he's just simply not living up to the hype, especially not for 4 million a year with a 15 million buyout. This year is just, it's the tipping point. There is no excuse. Like I said, if he doesn't got 8-4, as much as it would suck to buy him out, I think you have no option but cut him loose. People think recruiting is rough now. A lot of our recruiting is based on having a solid run game. I didn't see that against TCU, and if it doesn't show up soon, what will our recruiting situation look like then?

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 19, 2017, 05:03:41 pm
The TCU game was inexcusable. Offense was broken with no adjustments to its reality.

That is another EXTREMELY big issue I have with BB's coaching.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******