Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tim Brando is right on the money this tweet

Started by forrest city joe, February 17, 2017, 10:09:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 11:33:02 am
Hollywood you are a Damn good Hog fan. and even if we disagree on Mike i respect your opinion. and i respect it because you would never sit around hoping the team will lose to get the coach fired.you want to see the Hogs win no matter what.can't say this about a lot folks on here. some on here even posted it after the losses to Mizzo and Vandy.you may want the coach gone. but i have never saw you post anything like this on any message board you have ever been on.and i respect you for that. and i don't have any respect for the ones who feel the other way.

I respect you as well.

You know I am a fan of mike the person and coach but I'm a fan of Arkansas basketball first. I want mike to do well and have bwa rocking once again.
Back when he was hired in 2011 I went to the pc and was elated we got him away from mizzou.
Six years later we are putting in 8k fans for a conference game and only recorded 1 ncaa bid. I didn't picture that happening back in spring of 2011.

I like coach but if he cannot raise this program to another level, we need to find another who can. I have a little girl who loves calling the hogs. I want to take her to a game and have the place go bonkers from pre game until the final horn like it was when I was growing up.

Slater

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:09:40 am
Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando 3h3 hours ago

Last week on twitter whack jobs in Arkansas were firing Mike Anderson on twitter. CBB is different now than it used to be. Mike can Coach!

For once i agree with Tim Brando. not a big fan of his.but he is right on the money on this one.

100% agreement
Is the program better now than the day he was hired? Yes
Have we been in NCAA trouble? No
Are we trending upward? Yes
Is recruiting trending upward? Yes

FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

Beavthompson

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:49:39 am
Very funny!you are the type of person Brando called a whack job.
I never said fired. I said we should be happy to be irrelevant. If you want to keep Mike that's fine. Just don't think we will ever be elite or relevant as long as he's here.
We will be rebuilding even 2 or 3 years and then be on the cusp of making the tournament.
Good coaches lose assistants to other programs or move up to head coaches. I bet that will never happen to Mike. Nobody will ever come to Mike looking for advice. Like those stupid oxygen depriving masks. Let me think...doping usually involves moving extra oxygen through the body to improve the efficiency and recovery of muscles but we won't to deprive the body of oxygen. Let's take poison to live forever!!
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

forrest city joe

Quote from: HogsonHicks on February 17, 2017, 11:33:07 am
It's not about my expectations or yours.  Ours clearly differ, which is fine, as neither of us have any control over hiring or firing coaches.

My point was simply that passionately calling for a coach to be fired based on one person's expectations is no different than someone passionately calling for the coach to be retained based on their own.

Some clearly have a higher set of expectations than you do. It doesn't make them less right.
Does not make them less right or more right.just means we 100% disagree on this.

HF#1

His claim that "Mike can coach" is suspect. Mike is a good leader. When it comes to x's and o's, he struggles.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

forrest city joe

Quote from: Slater on February 17, 2017, 11:44:55 am
100% agreement
Is the program better now than the day he was hired? Yes
Have we been in NCAA trouble? No
Are we trending upward? Yes
Is recruiting trending upward? Yes

+1000

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 17, 2017, 11:25:59 am
Fcj, I'm just tired of waiting for this program to take off again. Every single team in college hoops will have several new players every year.

I want to see us be more consistent. I grew up during the time when March was THE month to be a razorback fan. We don't even need to be dominant like we were but just stop dropping home games to bad teams and stop getting drilled by mizzou.
Having a program that has a NCAA bid sewn up by mid feb isn't asking too much.

Carolina was HUGE but we've been here before. We won at Lexington then choked away the NCAA bid when we had bobby Portis.
I really hope we have fully turned the corner and have no more dog crap games like miss state, vandy, and mizzou.

Ps: I loved the switch to zone defense. Good adjustment and I hope we stick to it from the opening tip.
This pretty much sums it up for me.  I am just tired of this and tired of continually using departing players as an excuse.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

forrest city joe

Quote from: HF#1 on February 17, 2017, 11:46:11 am
His claim that "Mike can coach" is suspect. Mike is a good leader. When it comes to x's and o's, he struggles.
It's not Brain Surgery,it's basketball.and Mike is a good basketball coach.

Letsroll1200

Mike is a quality coach and basically leading a team put together in the offseason to the NCAA tournament. Just Keep Watching

WilsonHog

It's just a matter of lowering our expectations for the program.

Guess that's okay. We can't all be great programs with outstanding coaches.

Sometimes "decent" is all a program or coach can be.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2017, 12:08:09 pm
Mike is a quality coach and basically leading a team put together in the offseason to the NCAA tournament. Just Keep Watching
Yep.and he's doing it with 7 or 8 new players.he is doing a heck of a job this year.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2017, 12:08:09 pm
Doesn't every coach do that every year?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 12:15:16 pm
Doesn't every coach do that every year?

He had to build chemistry between what was returning and what was coming in. I think he's done a good job to have this team playing together. This is a different team since the second half of the LSU game. I'm seeing guys starting to play for one another.

cityhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:51:28 am
It's a team with 7 or 8 new players on it.players who have never played D basketball before.Mike is doing a hell of a job with this team.

zzzzzz. My God I am SO tired of hearing the new/young/multiple new players excuse. Can we go literally ONE FRANKIN' YEAR w/o hearing that excuse. At this point it should be on a plaque outside BWA under the heading 'Wait until next year'.

Your schtick is old Joe. If he were doing a 'hell of a job with this team' it wouldn't have taken him until February 11 to play some freaking zone.

cityhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2017, 12:20:16 pm
He had to build chemistry between what was returning and what was coming in. I think he's done a good job to have this team playing together. This is a different team since the second half of the LSU game. I'm seeing guys starting to play for one another.

again... Doesn't every coach do that every year?

forrest city joe

Quote from: cityhog on February 17, 2017, 12:22:30 pm
again... Doesn't every coach do that every year?
No every coach does not have to replace 7 or 8 players in 1 year.

Letsroll1200

forrest city joe

Quote from: cityhog on February 17, 2017, 12:21:50 pm
zzzzzz. My God I am SO tired of hearing the new/young/multiple new players excuse. Can we go literally ONE FRANKIN' YEAR w/o hearing that excuse. At this point it should be on a plaque outside BWA under the heading 'Wait until next year'.

Your schtick is old Joe. If he were doing a 'hell of a job with this team' it wouldn't have taken him until February 11 to play some freaking zone.
You don't hear this every year. you did not hear in in 2014 when the team won 27 games.you are hearing it now because it's true.sorry but it's true.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2017, 12:20:16 pm
Like every other coach in college basketball.  At least we do not recruit well enough that we have to worry about one-and-dones

Pork Twain

WilsonHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 12:26:58 pm
You don't hear this every year. you did not hear in in 2014 when the team won 27 games.you are hearing it now because it's true.sorry but it's true.

A simple question.

Can you tell me that under Mike's leadership, for as long as he is here from this point forward we can expect to be a top 20 program and make the NCAA Tourney ever year?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 17, 2017, 12:31:45 pm
A simple question.

Can you tell me that under Mike's leadership, for as long as he is here from this point forward we can expect to be a top 20 program and make the NCAA Tourney ever year?

This wasn't directed at me but a huge key is how we finish this year.
If confidence is instilled in the fans, admins, and recruits I could see us taking off with the amount of instate talent that is out there.
Reggie Perry will be one to watch in 18.

But this year must end in the NCAA tournament.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 12:29:38 pm
Saying things loudly does not somehow make them more true.

Just keep watching how a true coach gets his team to finish. You had 3 Juco players and one transfer that was going to play significant minutes coming into this season. Not every coach is dealing with that but Mike has somehow managed to get his players in position to make the tournament. Ole Miss is on the players. The rest of the season is on Moses and Dusty.

Hawg Red

February 17, 2017, 12:49:38 pm #73 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 01:08:50 pm by Hawg Red
Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2017, 12:44:19 pm
Just keep watching how a true coach gets his team to finish. You had 3 Juco players and one transfer that was going to play significant minutes coming into this season. Not every coach is dealing with that but Mike has somehow managed to get his players in position to make the tournament. Ole Miss is on the players. The rest of the season is on Moses and Dusty.

Yeah, but why was Mike dealing with that in the first place? Is he in charge of the roster?

forrest city joe

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 17, 2017, 12:31:45 pm
A simple question.

I am telling you that will happen.yes it has taken longer than any of us would like.but that's life.everything does not always go as we like.some times it takes more time. you don't go off firing people when they don't meet a time line.direction of the program is looking up.that's my take on this.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 17, 2017, 12:44:19 pm
I have been watching this true coach build this roster for six years.  Mike is indeed the only coach in the NCAA that must deal with high player turnover.  I am just thankful that we have him, because he does it so well.

The_Iceman

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 17, 2017, 12:49:38 pm
Yeah, but why was Mike dealing with that in the first place? Is her in charge of the roster?
Did Mike know he would have to throw J.Williams off the team? did he know Jimmy Whitt would leave after only 1 year?stuff happens.you have to look at everything that may have had an impact on where the program is.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 01:02:03 pm
Did Mike know he would have to throw J.Williams off the team? did he know Jimmy Whitt would leave after only 1 year.stuff happens.you have to look at everything that may have had an impact on where the program is.

JaCorey Williams has no place in the discussion because he would not have been on this roster anyway.

Do you think Jimmy Whitt leaving might have had something to do with Mike actively recruiting two JUCO stars at his position while he was playing for the Razorbacks? You're right -- you do need to look at everything that may have had an impact on where the program is. So why don't you start doing that and try to keep?

GrizzlyRider07

I can tell you this much about Tre. I see the kid about 3 times a week at the boys and girls club when I am having my basketball team practices and games. I 6'0 190lb and I will tell you that those measurables aren't accurate and have to be old because he's clearly taller than me by 2 or 3 inches and about my size. He's definitely not 168 at all. I've seen him play this year and you can't deny that he's a straight up player. The kid is on the field the WHOLE game and where ever he is lined up at he makes plays. On defense they would hardly ever through to his side so that's probably why you didn't hear to much about him on defense this year.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Hawg Red

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on February 17, 2017, 01:07:29 pm
I can tell you this much about Tre. I see the kid about 3 times a week at the boys and girls club when I am having my basketball team practices and games. I 6'0 190lb and I will tell you that those measurables aren't accurate and have to be old because he's clearly taller than me by 2 or 3 inches and about my size. He's definitely not 168 at all. I've seen him play this year and you can't deny that he's a straight up player. The kid is on the field the WHOLE game and where ever he is lined up at he makes plays. On defense they would hardly ever through to his side so that's probably why you didn't hear to much about him on defense this year.

Okay?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 17, 2017, 01:04:08 pm
JaCorey Williams has no place in the discussion because he would not have been on this roster anyway.

Do you think Jimmy Whitt leaving might have had something to do with Mike actively recruiting two JUCO stars at his position while he was playing for the Razorbacks? You're right -- you do need to look at everything that may have had an impact on where the program is. So why don't you start doing that and try to keep?
My point is things happen. for whatever reason we were replacing 7 or 8 guys this year.and Mike has done a heck of job with this team.

raz1965

Mike has done a good job with the players he has , fact is that the teams that win consistently have a team loaded with great talent. Mike's staff is now making strides in getting the type players it takes to win on a high level. It is rare for a team to fire a coach and then have a great turn around quickly,  Mike will get to the top with two good recruiting classes much faster than a new coach would considering there would be a new start in recruiting most likely. I have no bias toward Mike, I just believe him to be a good coach and he seems to be a great person, which is always a good deal for Arkansas.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 01:12:41 pm
My point is things happen. for whatever reason we were replacing 7 or 8 guys this year.and Mike has done a heck of job with this team.

And my point is that Mike Anderson has a role in having to have so many new players. Some stuff is out of his hands, but some stuff (like recruiting over Whitt for some odd reason) is not. Not being able to sign a guard in the 2013 class when he knew B.J. was leaving was completely inexcusable and is part of the reason why there are so many new players on this team instead of another senior guard. Things like that. But there's never any blame on Mike, only excuses and explaining stuff away by saying stuff like "things happen for whatever reason." You would not encounter so much flack from people if you were more fair and criticized Anderson where necessary (and there have been some necessary moments in the over years). Instead, all you do is ride for him tell everyone how wrong they are about him even though they are providing so much more logic, reasoning and factional data than you ever do. Fans that are unhappy are not the enemy.

bosshog84

Joe, I was one that let my emotions get in the way some when we lost back to back games to Mizzou and Vandy. I thought Mike had lost this team and it was time for a change. I'm not letting my emotions get in the way for the rest of the season. I am just going to let the season play out and whatever happens, happens. It's not like any of us on Hogville can change anything. However, I will stick to my guns of NCAA tourney or bust. I will root like crazy for this team to make the NCAA tourney, and if we do make it, I am more than willing to give Mike another year to see what he can do.

navyhog24

Mike finally wins one game against a good opponent and people are clamoring to keep him until he retires. Lest not forget about MSU, Mizzou, and Vandy just for this season. Let's see how the season finishes as well before you start worshiping the guy.

Pork Twain

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 17, 2017, 12:57:45 pm
https://twitter.com/TimBrando/status/832655689398882305
FCJ logic...  I hate Brando, he thinks we should keep Hootie.  I love Brando, he said Arkansas fans are crazy for wanting Mediocre Mike fired.  Crap, I hate Brando again, he called us out for our consistently weak schedule since MA took over with only marginal success.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 17, 2017, 01:20:58 pm
And my point is that Mike Anderson has a role in having to have so many new players. Some stuff is out of his hands, but some stuff (like recruiting over Whitt for some odd reason) is not. Not being able to sign a guard in the 2013 class when he knew B.J. was leaving was completely inexcusable and is part of the reason why there are so many new players on this team instead of another senior guard. Things like that. But there's never any blame on Mike, only excuses and explaining stuff away by saying stuff like "things happen for whatever reason." You would not encounter so much flack from people if you were more fair and criticized Anderson where necessary (and there have been some necessary moments in the over years). Instead, all you do is ride for him tell everyone how wrong they are about him even though they are providing so much more logic, reasoning and factional data than you ever do. Fans that are unhappy are not the enemy.
I am not worried nor care about the flack i get. i care about the program and what's best for it. and i believe in Mike Anderson. i think in the long run he will get the job done.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 17, 2017, 01:20:58 pm
You left off being blindsided by MP and MQ leaving, even though it was pretty clear they were gone, and having no plan in place to fill their void and being caught flat footed with Kapita.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 01:28:55 pm
FCJ logic...  I hate Brando, he thinks we should keep Hootie.  I love Brando, he said Arkansas fans are crazy for wanting Mediocre Mike fired.  Crap, I hate Brando again, he called us out for our consistently weak schedule since MA took over with only marginal success.
Funny.NOT!

20gauge

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 01:12:41 pm
Again who's responsibility is that. It's his job to get players here that want to stay here. Every team every year has newcomers. Lots of teams have to replace players that do stupid crap.

We should t be having to take transfers to fill spots at the last minute. Nothing wrong with getting JUCOs but we shouldn't be forced to to fill spots. For the most part MA should have been able to see most of this coming. Heck most of this site did with the transfers and kids leaving but the guy on the end of the bench couldn't.

Again just get it done MA. No more excuses

daprospecta

Quote from: hog golf on February 17, 2017, 10:39:35 am
consistency would be nice. I have worn myself thin trying to care about this team due to up and down and what seems to be unwillingness to do something different. 17, 18, 19 wins whatever is nice, but those losses were confounding. if you think Kentucky and Florida are tough to beat, try apathy. lots of fans are on that verge and if the hogs are a no-show against Ole Miss or any of the remaining games, combined with missing out (again) on the most exciting tournament known to man would be awful with the talent on hand. I am really glad CMA made some changes the other night and looked like a coach. where was that earlier? go hogs- trying to be a big fan again.
First and foremost, if you were raised a hog, you should not have to try to be a big fan. I bleed Razorback red. Yes, the team upsets me at times but that does not effect my love for my team. Second, what do you mean where was that earlier? People have short memories.  We were 19-5 before the Missouri game. Stop acting like this team isn't solid.  Some of you refuse to admit you are bandwagon fans.  You think creating a thread talking about eating crow resolves you. Support your team and coach and if changes need to happen at the end of the season, talk about it AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

Sivad

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 17, 2017, 10:21:43 am
Didn't Brando also say firing Nutt was the biggest mistake the football program would ever make, we couldn't do better, and would never get back to the level Nutt had us? 

Brando is a whack job himself.
All true. Tim Brando to the rescue of Arkansas athletics once again. -0- cred.

phadedhawg

Quote from: daprospecta on February 17, 2017, 01:39:55 pm
First and foremost, if you were raised a hog, you should not have to try to be a big fan. I bleed Razorback red. Yes, the team upsets me at times but that does not effect my love for my team. Second, what do you mean where was that earlier? People have short memories.  We were 19-5 before the Missouri game. Stop acting like this team isn't solid.  Some of you refuse to admit you are bandwagon fans.  You think creating a thread talking about eating crow resolves you. Support your team and coach and if changes need to happen at the end of the season, talk about it AT THE END OF THE SEASON.

You don't have to support the coach to support the school.  That's how you fan but don't expect everyone to fan just like you.  Bandwagon fans are people who only support the Razorbacks when they are good.  Nobody in this thread is a bandwagon fan because they are still watching and we haven't been good in a long, long time.

revolution

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 17, 2017, 12:57:45 pm
https://twitter.com/TimBrando/status/832655689398882305

And how does that tweet support his contention that it's ridiculous to expect more of Mike Anderson?

Seems like Timmy is a doosh and bi-polar.

No offense intended, of course.

Mr. Porkleone

Anyone wishing Razorbacks would lose to just fire a coach is ridiculous. There's no doubt that winning a NCAA Title pushed us to elite and it's been a downward spiral since. CMA is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Talk to him at Sassys with Miked up and he cares.

I've been a tad vocal on losing games we shouldn't lose and been wanting change, but I witnessed an colleague of mine struggle and people were riding him, but he got things turned around now and is big producer.  I'm not the judge and jury and will support CMA until he's gone, it's the right thing to do. But if at end of his contract he's not there, change will be needed.  I think Mike has struggled at times and excelled at times. I'm excited about the upcoming talent coming in and hope that we turn around and become a Top 10 team that we are capable of being and the past becomes the past and we can once and for all just come on here and celebrate success.

Dirty

February 17, 2017, 02:12:31 pm #96 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:37:24 pm by Dirty
We just beat a top 25 team at their place and listen to all the hate in here.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Dirty on February 17, 2017, 02:12:31 pm
We just be a top 25 team at their place and listen to all the hate in here.

There is six years to consider, not just one game.

daprospecta

Quote from: phadedhawg on February 17, 2017, 01:54:15 pm
You don't have to support the coach to support the school.  That's how you fan but don't expect everyone to fan just like you.  Bandwagon fans are people who only support the Razorbacks when they are good.  Nobody in this thread is a bandwagon fan because they are still watching and we haven't been good in a long, long time.

Go back and read what he said. "go hogs- trying to be a big fan again" Sounds like he is only a big fan when we are performing well.  Once again, some just don't want to admit to being bandwagon fans. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on February 17, 2017, 10:12:51 am
On the first read I thought he meant Coach Bret Bielema and was very confused.

LOL! Me too