Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tim Brando is right on the money this tweet

Started by forrest city joe, February 17, 2017, 10:09:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Tim Brando ‏@TimBrando 3h3 hours ago

Last week on twitter whack jobs in Arkansas were firing Mike Anderson on twitter. CBB is different now than it used to be. Mike can Coach!

For once i agree with Tim Brando. not a big fan of his.but he is right on the money on this one.

Stewhog 11

On the first read I thought he meant Coach Bret Bielema and was very confused.

Pork Twain

Thank god you created another thread shouting your love for MA.  I believe they let you troll around here to keep the traffic up.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

forrest city joe

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on February 17, 2017, 10:12:51 am
On the first read I thought he meant Coach Bret Bielema and was very confused.
CBB means coaching basketball. and he is right on the money.

Stewhog 11

Pork Twain

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:14:40 am
CBB means coaching basketball. and he is right on the money.
It means College BasketBall...  I don't think the term CBB has ever been used for Coaching BasketBall
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

forrest city joe

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 10:13:18 am
Thank god you created another thread shouting your love for MA.  I believe they let you troll around here to keep the traffic up.
Look at my post count on Jump Ball. i almost never start threads.so you are 100%wrong.Brando tweet just proves that a lot of people outside of Arkansas think you fire Mike folks are not living in the real world.

onebadrubi

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:18:29 am
Look at my post count on Jump Ball. i almost never start threads.so you are 100%wrong.Brando tweet just proves that a lot of people outside of Arkansas think you fire Mike folks are not living in the real world.

Didn't Brando also say firing Nutt was the biggest mistake the football program would ever make, we couldn't do better, and would never get back to the level Nutt had us? 

Brando is a whack job himself.

revolution

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:09:40 am

Last week on twitter whack jobs in Arkansas were firing Mike Anderson on twitter. CBB is different now than it used to be. Mike can Coach!

For once i agree with Tim Brando. not a big fan of his.but he is right on the money on this one.

So courageous of Brando to post this after Arkansas' first big victory this year!  Where was his tweet when Arkansas lost to Missouri? 

Brando is an LSU / HDN apologist.  He has a microphone, but is not really perceptive or intelligent with his analysis.  Many might call him a blowhard!

forrest city joe

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 17, 2017, 10:21:43 am
Didn't Brando also say firing Nutt was the biggest mistake the football program would ever make, we couldn't do better, and would never get back to the level Nutt had us? 

Brando is a whack job himself.
Yes he did. that's one the the reasons i said i was not a big Brando fan. but he is right on the money about this one.

revolution

Have you seen Brando lately?  He's really let himself go!

He's now hawking caps with his initials as his brand.

forrest city joe

Quote from: revolution on February 17, 2017, 10:25:15 am
So courageous of Brando to post this after Arkansas' first big victory this year!  Where was his tweet when Arkansas lost to Missouri? 

Brando is an LSU / HDN apologist.  He has a microphone, but is not really perceptive or intelligent with his analysis.  Many might call him a blowhard!
He called people like you whack a whack job.why do you think he did that?he has no Dog in the fight one way or the other.

Pork Twain

onebadrubi

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:25:50 am
Yes he did. that's one the the reasons i said i was not a big Brando fan. but he is right on the money about this one.

So when he says something you like you thinks he's great, when he says something you don't you think he's awful... Maybe the guy is just an idiot with a voice.

A lot on here want mike gone because he can beat a South Carolina on their home court this year yet let this team walk into Stillwater or Columbia and get ran out of the Gym.  Whether you like it or not, people would be calling for a bielemas head if we are beating LsU at LSU but losing to toledos and Louisiana techs in year 6.

forrest city joe

Quote from: revolution on February 17, 2017, 10:28:08 am
Have you seen Brando lately?  He's really let himself go!

He's now hawking caps with his initials as his brand.
Has nothing to do with what he said. he said you people who want Mike Anderson fired are whack jobs.

King Kong

Mike is a good coach. Anyone debating that is incorrect.

Is he an elite coach? Doesn't appear to be. Will he take us to 3 final 4's in 4 years? Heck No

Will he take us to a Final 4? Extremely unlikely. Will he take us to an Elite 8? probably not.

forrest city joe

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 17, 2017, 10:31:24 am
So when he says something you like you thinks he's great, when he says something you don't you think he's awful... Maybe the guy is just an idiot with a voice.

A lot on here want mike gone because he can beat a South Carolina on their home court this year yet let this team walk into Stillwater or Columbia and get ran out of the Gym.  Whether you like it or not, people would be calling for a bielemas head if we are beating LsU at LSU but losing to toledos and Louisiana techs in year 6.
No.it's as simple as i agree with him on Mike. and disagree with him on Nutt.

Dirty

Mike is a good coach and you will soon find out after theses next few recruiting classes.
Go 🐗🏀

revolution

How does the U.S. Army feel about Timmy Brando?  See below.

forrest city joe

Quote from: King Kong on February 17, 2017, 10:32:26 am
Mike is a good coach. Anyone debating that is incorrect.

Is he an elite coach? Doesn't appear to be. Will he take us to 3 final 4's in 4 years? Heck No

Will he take us to a Final 4? Extremely unlikely. Will he take us to an Elite 8? probably not.
He's not Nolan or a Eddie Sutton,i will give you that. but he is a very good coach who can take this program to a final 4.going to take more time.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I take anything Brando says with a grain of salt. He has huge man love for nutt.

hog golf

consistency would be nice. I have worn myself thin trying to care about this team due to up and down and what seems to be unwillingness to do something different. 17, 18, 19 wins whatever is nice, but those losses were confounding. if you think Kentucky and Florida are tough to beat, try apathy. lots of fans are on that verge and if the hogs are a no-show against Ole Miss or any of the remaining games, combined with missing out (again) on the most exciting tournament known to man would be awful with the talent on hand. I am really glad CMA made some changes the other night and looked like a coach. where was that earlier? go hogs- trying to be a big fan again.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 17, 2017, 10:39:27 am
I take anything Brando says with a grain of salt. He has huge man love for nutt.
He was wrong about Nutt. but i really think he is 100% right about Mike Anderson.

Beavthompson

Mike Anderson is a great coach. We could possibly make the tournament 2 out of six years. That makes us at least a top 50 to 60 program. Don't dream for the stars when you can settle for being irrelevant.  :puke:
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

Razorback de Nosferatu

I hope this team has turned the proverbial corner.  I hope they go on a strong run to close things out, and I hope they at least make a little bit of noise in the tournament.  Because I love the Razorbacks and Mike Anderson seems like a great guy, and goodness knows he came here with a very strong resume.

That said, I don't think everybody calling for his job was a "whack job."  It looked like the wheels had fallen off.  It looked like Anderson had lost the team.  And it's not like he's thus far had enough overwhelming success here to buy a lot of patience. 

elksnort

Quote from: hog golf on February 17, 2017, 10:39:35 am
consistency would be nice. I have worn myself thin trying to care about this team due to up and down and what seems to be unwillingness to do something different. 17, 18, 19 wins whatever is nice, but those losses were confounding. if you think Kentucky and Florida are tough to beat, try apathy. lots of fans are on that verge and if the hogs are a no-show against Ole Miss or any of the remaining games, combined with missing out (again) on the most exciting tournament known to man would be awful with the talent on hand. I am really glad CMA made some changes the other night and looked like a coach. where was that earlier? go hogs- trying to be a big fan again.
Good post. Only the darkest of folks want CMA to fail. He has the talent NOW to make the NCAAt. I really believe this. I do also think that he knows basketball, but sometimes he is very stubborn when adjustments could/should be made.

The inconsistency is what drives most of us crazy.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Beavthompson on February 17, 2017, 10:43:03 am
Mike Anderson is a great coach. We could possibly make the tournament 2 out of six years. That makes us at least a top 50 to 60 program. Don't dream for the stars when you can settle for being irrelevant.  :puke:
Very funny!you are the type of person Brando called a whack job.

HogsonHicks

I enjoy any win, and beating SC on the road was a good one.  That said, coaches must be congratulated for good wins and criticized for equally bad losses. The absolutes (love and hate) for Anderson on this board are ridiculous. The good SC win merely offsets the bad Missouri loss.

As others have said before, consistency isn't an unreasonable expectation.

forrest city joe

Quote from: elksnort on February 17, 2017, 10:49:25 am
Good post. Only the darkest of folks want CMA to fail. He has the talent NOW to make the NCAAt. I really believe this. I do also think that he knows basketball, but sometimes he is very stubborn when adjustments could/should be made.

The inconsistency is what drives most of us crazy.
It's a team with 7 or 8 new players on it.players who have never played D basketball before.Mike is doing a hell of a job with this team.

onebadrubi

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:49:39 am

I actually think generally people like you are who he is referring too, proven by this thread

forrest city joe

Quote from: HogsonHicks on February 17, 2017, 10:50:15 am
I enjoy any win, and beating SC on the road was a good one.  That said, coaches must be congratulated for good wins and criticized for equally bad losses. The absolutes (love and hate) for Anderson on this board are ridiculous. The good SC win merely offsets the bad Missouri loss.

As others have said before, consistency isn't an unreasonable expectation.
It's one thing to criticized.and another thing to call for a man's job.big difference.

Hogimus Prime

I can't take a 60 year old man serious that refers to himself as Timmy B.

forrest city joe

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 17, 2017, 10:53:00 am
I actually think generally people like you are who he is referring too, proven by this thread
I don't want Mike fired.so he's not talking about me.he is talking about people like you.you know he is.

Pork Twain

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 17, 2017, 10:31:24 am
So when he says something you like you thinks he's great, when he says something you don't you think he's awful...

I hope you did not just now have this epiphany on FCJ.  ;)

HogsonHicks

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:54:36 am
It's one thing to criticized.and another thing to call for a man's job.big difference.

Absolute support for a coach is equally as unreasonable as calls for a coach to be fired. 

There's a happy medium between support and expectations. Arkansas should have high expectations and we should also support a coach, provided he meets those expectations. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: HogsonHicks on February 17, 2017, 11:01:45 am
Absolute support for a coach is equally as unreasonable as calls for a coach to be fired. 

There's a happy medium between support and expectations. Arkansas should have high expectations and we should also support a coach, provided he meets those expectations. 
Have all the expectations you want. just don't always think someone has to reach what you want.does not always mean they need to be fired.

20gauge

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:49:39 am
Just because folks believe differently than you doesn't mean they are whack jobs. MA still hasn't proven a darn thing. Hes an ok coach who finally looks like he decided to stop being stubborn and make some changes. There is nothing wrong with wanting this program to go to the next level. You believe he can get it done some don't and there is nothing wrong with that. But Brando backing your play proves diddly squat to what the future will bring.

Nothing wrong with expecting more from a coach we hired that was supposed to bring us more not just more of the same.

Atlhogfan1

So much deja vu happening lately.  Brando carries a lot of credibility on Hogville. 

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=299109.0

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=261854.0

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 25, 2008, 08:12:29 pm
Let me make myself clear once and for all. Tim Brando can go to hell.how many sec championships or Bcs bowl games did the loser take us to in 10 years?NONE! his record speaks for itself.that LSU bum need not worry about the Razorbacks.PERIOD!
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

20gauge

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 11:06:11 am
Have all the expectations you want. just don't always think someone has to reach what you want.does not always mean they need to be fired.
So you are fine if we miss the tourney this year and the next and the next as long as MA is the coach because you believe he can get it done.

MA will either get it done or he wont and it needs to happen now, not another 3 years from now. 20 years is enough of this crap.

forrest city joe

Quote from: 20gauge on February 17, 2017, 11:06:25 am
Just because folks believe differently than you doesn't mean they are whack jobs. MA still hasn't proven a darn thing. Hes an ok coach who finally looks like he decided to stop being stubborn and make some changes. There is nothing wrong with wanting this program to go to the next level. You believe he can get it done some don't and there is nothing wrong with that. But Brando backing your play proves diddly squat to what the future will bring.

Nothing wrong with expecting more from a coach we hired that was supposed to bring us more not just more of the same.
I did not call people whack Jobs,Brando did. but if the shoe fits.sorry but no matter what hogville thinks.a lot of folks outside of Arkansas feels just like Brando about some of you.

The OTR

This is great

Love Tim Brando - he has always loved Arkansas and the people who root for Arkansas

The OTR

These are the best of times

CBB is great. I love CBB.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 17, 2017, 11:08:41 am
So much deja vu happening lately.  Brando carries a lot of credibility on Hogville. 

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=299109.0

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=261854.0

And this is why i said i am not a big Tim Brando fan. i just agree with him on this issue.he got it right this time.does not mean i agree with him on everything. i disagreed with him on Nutt. i agree with him on Mike.simple as that.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 10:13:18 am

So liking Arkansas's coach is trolling in your mind?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

forrest city joe

Quote from: 20gauge on February 17, 2017, 11:09:25 am
So you are fine if we miss the tourney this year and the next and the next as long as MA is the coach because you believe he can get it done.

MA will either get it done or he wont and it needs to happen now, not another 3 years from now. 20 years is enough of this crap.
Let me make myself clear again on where i stand. 2 more years for Mike.after that if he does not get it done,then it's time. that is where i stand on this.

forrest city joe

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on February 17, 2017, 11:15:08 am
So liking Arkansas's coach is trolling in your mind?
Yep. all he wants to read is fire Mike,and Mike can't coach threads.(which this board is full of)how dare anyone defend or support Mike Anderson on here.

pigmailyen

Forrest City Joe is right about Tim Brando being right about Mike Anderson being right about picking them up when they get off the bus.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 10:51:28 am
It's a team with 7 or 8 new players on it.players who have never played D basketball before.Mike is doing a hell of a job with this team.

Fcj, I'm just tired of waiting for this program to take off again. Every single team in college hoops will have several new players every year.

I want to see us be more consistent. I grew up during the time when March was THE month to be a razorback fan. We don't even need to be dominant like we were but just stop dropping home games to bad teams and stop getting drilled by mizzou.
Having a program that has a NCAA bid sewn up by mid feb isn't asking too much.

Carolina was HUGE but we've been here before. We won at Lexington then choked away the NCAA bid when we had bobby Portis.
I really hope we have fully turned the corner and have no more dog crap games like miss state, vandy, and mizzou.

Ps: I loved the switch to zone defense. Good adjustment and I hope we stick to it from the opening tip.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 17, 2017, 11:25:59 am
Fcj, I'm just tired of waiting for this program to take off again. Every single team in college hoops will have several new players every year.

I want to see us be more consistent. I grew up during the time when March was THE month to be a razorback fan. We don't even need to be dominant like we were but just stop dropping home games to bad teams and stop getting drilled by mizzou.
Having a program that has a NCAA bid sewn up by mid feb isn't asking too much.

Carolina was HUGE but we've been here before. We won at Lexington then choked away the NCAA bid when we had bobby Portis.
I really hope we have fully turned the corner and have no more dog crap games like miss state, vandy, and mizzou.
Hollywood you are a Damn good Hog fan. and even if we disagree on Mike i respect your opinion. and i respect it because you would never sit around hoping the team will lose to get the coach fired.you want to see the Hogs win no matter what.can't say this about a lot folks on here. some on here even posted it after the losses to Mizzo and Vandy.you may want the coach gone. but i have never saw you post anything like this on any message board you have ever been on.and i respect you for that. and i don't have any respect for the ones who feel the other way.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 17, 2017, 11:06:11 am

It's not about my expectations or yours.  Ours clearly differ, which is fine, as neither of us have any control over hiring or firing coaches.

My point was simply that passionately calling for a coach to be fired based on one person's expectations is no different than someone passionately calling for the coach to be retained based on their own.

Some clearly have a higher set of expectations than you do. It doesn't make them less right.