Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN gripe No. 10,229

Started by Biggus Piggus, February 16, 2017, 12:45:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HAM ELLIOT

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 03:34:21 pm
Obama= Coolest most down to earth president ever. Clinton a close 2nd.

Trump= Most stuck up, [CENSORED] bag, less knowledgeable president ever. If Trump is not doing something for Trump he don't give a damn.
So down to earth that he spent 8 mil on vacations in 8 years...  thats what I call "cool!"

SPAL

Trump= Most stuck up, [CENSORED] bag, less knowledgeable president ever. If Trump is not doing something for Trump he don't give a damn.

Suddenly, it all makes sense. Thanks.

Pork Twain

Quote from: LZH on February 16, 2017, 01:46:50 pm
So this is what it has come to. We get our feelings hurt because there are no highlights of our victory over a 21st ranked team from the SEC East.

And some of you think guys like me are overreacting because our program has fallen into also-ran status.
Right...It is sad how far we have fallen and how we rationalize things.  We are not mad that our coach has shown he will not change his style to keep up with the rest of the NCAA, we are mad that for one night we were awesome and ESPN did give us a standing O.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DeltaBoy

SEC now did a better job than ESPN unless you go to the Ark page on the Spin.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HF#1

Obama was cool and down to earth in front of the camera. Off camera he was destructive and an [CENSORED] to a lot of people most would consider allies.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

lynbug

Quote from: FineAsSwine link=topic=627493.msg10720954#msg10720954 date./1=1487271883
I agree. Would love to see Spicer, Conway and Miller be sent out to explain why Trumps bracket tanked and its all the media's fault. Lot's of SNL material to be mined if Trump picked his bracket winners. The tweets alone would be entertaining as teams fell by the wayside and messed up his projections.
He might just bomb China if that happened......or maybe Mexico......lol

JayBell

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 16, 2017, 04:11:37 pmOK... I see in the past 24 hours you have 100 posts.... Not hating, just thought you must be retired or Obama set you up with a good entitlement program.  I know business loves Trump, the stock market is flying and now with the same immigration policies as Obama is our considered awful and Obama's are considered great.  But I dont want to go political.  Just happy to know what you do, do you work at a large corporation?

"Here are all of my political beliefs, but I don't want to get political.  I voted for a fascist because I'm better than you.  Go Hogs!"

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 03:56:38 pm
I post during the day while I'm at work. Not much after work. I have my own office, desk, and personal computer and my job consist of doing a lot of work on that computer. In the mean while I'm waiting for something to do I look at sports stuff. I'm a sports junkie if you can't tell. Can't get enough of it. It was a big part of my youth and upbringing. I wouldn't mind being a guest on first take so I can have a go with Stephen A. That's the deal. That's why I can post so much during the day. Time killer... ;D

Did you just get this job with a computer in August 2016?  Or is that when you took an interest in sports?  Registered in 2012.  No posts till 2014.  Sparingly posted till August 2016.  Since then 2700 posts out of 3000+ total. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 03:56:38 pm
I post during the day while I'm at work. Not much after work. I have my own office, desk, and personal computer and my job consist of doing a lot of work on that computer. In the mean while I'm waiting for something to do I look at sports stuff. I'm a sports junkie if you can't tell. Can't get enough of it. It was a big part of my youth and upbringing. I wouldn't mind being a guest on first take so I can have a go with Stephen A. That's the deal. That's why I can post so much during the day. Time killer... ;D
I hope you work better than you post but as much as you post, you probably don't work much.  ;)  I work for the DoD, what's your excuse?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 12:12:50 pm
I hope you work better than you post but as much as you post, you probably don't work much.  ;)  I work for the DoD, what's your excuse?
I work smart not hard... ;D ...But I do work.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 17, 2017, 12:19:13 pm
I work smart not hard... ;D ...But I do work.
You should try applying that concept to your posting.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 16, 2017, 04:11:37 pm
OK... I see in the past 24 hours you have 100 posts.... Not hating, just thought you must be retired or Obama set you up with a good entitlement program.  I know business loves Trump, the stock market is flying and now with the same immigration policies as Obama is our considered awful and Obama's are considered great.  But I dont want to go political.  Just happy to know what you do, do you work at a large corporation?
99% of my post come during the day time. Don't post much in the evening. Yes I do work for a large corporation. One of the largest in the US.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 12:21:25 pm
You should try applying that concept to your posting.
Pork, there is one thing I've found out about you if nothing else. You are stubborn like me. You know. Coach like stubborn. I see why we get along so well... ;D

Youngsta71701

Quote from: BassinHawg on February 16, 2017, 04:11:42 pm
They win last night and all of a sudden everyone acts like they are a Sweet 16 Team...smdh!
If we get in and get the right draw winning two games in the tournament can be done. It's not beyond the realm of possibilities. Parity in college basketball is at an all time high. The same way we can beat anybody is the same way we can lose to anybody.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 17, 2017, 12:23:17 pm
Pork, there is one thing I've found out about you if nothing else. You are stubborn like me. You know. Coach like stubborn. I see why we get along so well... ;D
I am 41 and there are few people I dislike and many that I enjoy a good debate with.  You fit into one of those categories for sure.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 16, 2017, 11:01:24 pm
Suddenly, it all makes sense. Thanks.
Bret Bielema is the coolest and most down to earth coach Arkansas has ever had. I don't think the same way about Stan Heath. Now what say ye? Still makes sense... ???

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HF#1 on February 17, 2017, 08:24:18 am
Obama was cool and down to earth in front of the camera. Off camera he was destructive and an [CENSORED] to a lot of people most would consider allies.
I was talking about in a I'm not to good to do a bracket kind of sense. I don't get into the whole politics thing. Too much of a headache filtering all the lies and false promises. So I would rather not.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 17, 2017, 12:02:37 pm
Did you just get this job with a computer in August 2016?  Or is that when you took an interest in sports?  Registered in 2012.  No posts till 2014.  Sparingly posted till August 2016.  Since then 2700 posts out of 3000+ total.
I was on fearless friday before I found out anything about hogville. I got on fearless Friday because of Camden Fairview football. They should do a lot more advertising. There are still a lot of people I know today that don't have a clue about hogville. Almost like they're living in the stone age or something.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 12:26:11 pm
I am 41 and there are few people I dislike and many that I enjoy a good debate with.  You fit into one of those categories for sure.
I am 37. Not to far behind...lol

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 17, 2017, 12:34:09 pm
I was on fearless friday before I found out anything about hogville. I got on fearless Friday because of Camden Fairview football. They should do a lot more advertising. There are still a lot of people I know today that don't have a clue about hogville. Almost like they're living in the stone age or something.

Doesn't makes sense.  You apparently discovered it in 2012 but didn't decide to participate for 2 years and in the last 6.5 months bombarded us. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

farfromgroovins

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 16, 2017, 03:38:10 pm
No, I expected ESPN.com to mention an upset over a top 25 team, sometime within a few hours of when it [CENSORED] happened. [CENSORED].

No one respects SC either regardless of their ranking so it isn't as big of a win as we would have hoped. Numbers (RPI) maybe but not notoriety or "signature win."

Youngsta71701

February 17, 2017, 08:59:05 pm #72 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:16:02 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 17, 2017, 12:45:46 pm
Doesn't makes sense.  You apparently discovered it in 2012 but didn't decide to participate for 2 years and in the last 6.5 months bombarded us.
Uh, fearless friday and hogville are connected. I posted on fearless friday before I knew about hogville. If you go to the high school sports forum you will see. I registered for fearless friday in November 2011 and I discovered hogville in December 2012. I had to work a lot harder then than I have to now... ;D. More reading less posting I guess. Hell, I can barely remember what I did yesterday let alone what I was doing from 2012 to 2014.

Hogville-Razorback Discussion-General Sports Discussion-High School Sports!