Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESPN gripe No. 10,229

Started by Biggus Piggus, February 16, 2017, 12:45:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

I went to ESPN's college basketball page last night looking excitedly for reaction to the Razorbacks' big victory on the road against top-25 South Carolina.

Nothing. The top game story remained the KU-West Virginia game from the night before.

I'm looking at it right now. Top stories: Big Ten Bracketology, Larry Eustachy and Colorado State, Wisconsin guard out, Calipari named USA under-19 coach, North Carolina guard has surgery, Kansas State president urges students not to be vulgar at KU games, Trump declines to fill out NCAAT bracket for ESPN...what the holy Frank?
[CENSORED]!

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Atlhogfan1

Medcalf did tweet about our win. ;D

I think it shows the level of relevancy still in outsiders' view. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pork Twain

The SEC sucks at basketball right now and is not getting any love until the SEC beats down the door and proves they deserve it.  We have seen the same thing play out with SEC football before it rose to power.  Been in the pooper as a whole since the 2008-09 season
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Stewhog 11

Although I am upset that Trump isn't doing the march madness bracket. There's a lot of potential there. It would be like a real world SNL skit.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on February 16, 2017, 12:50:56 pm
Although I am upset that Trump isn't doing the march madness bracket. There's a lot of potential there. It would be like a real world SNL skit.

I agree. Would love to see Spicer, Conway and Miller be sent out to explain why Trumps bracket tanked and its all the media's fault. Lot's of SNL material to be mined if Trump picked his bracket winners. The tweets alone would be entertaining as teams fell by the wayside and messed up his projections.

hogsanity

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 16, 2017, 01:04:43 pm
I agree. Would love to see Spicer, Conway and Miller be sent out to explain why Trumps bracket tanked and its all the media's fault. Lot's of SNL material to be mined if Trump picked his bracket winners. The tweets alone would be entertaining as teams fell by the wayside and messed up his projections.

And if he picked a really good bracket we could hear all the theories on how the Russians were interfering in the tournament games. GOLD, JERRY! GOLD!
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 16, 2017, 12:45:26 pm
I went to ESPN's college basketball page last night looking excitedly for reaction to the Razorbacks' big victory on the road against top-25 South Carolina.

Nothing. The top game story remained the KU-West Virginia game from the night before.

I'm looking at it right now. Top stories: Big Ten Bracketology, Larry Eustachy and Colorado State, Wisconsin guard out, Calipari named USA under-19 coach, North Carolina guard has surgery, Kansas State president urges students not to be vulgar at KU games, Trump declines to fill out NCAAT bracket for ESPN...what the holy Frank?

I was watching the ticker as I watched another game after ours. The score was given and then the only stat shown was Thornwell's points and rebounds. That was it.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogsanity on February 16, 2017, 01:07:20 pm
And if he picked a really good bracket we could hear all the theories on how the Russians were interfering in the tournament games. GOLD, JERRY! GOLD!

LOL! +1000 if I could!

TexasRazorback

Who cares. ESPN is bias, they show top 25 team games and the consistent top 10 powers (Kansas, UK, Duke, UNC, etc). The ACC and Big 12 are dominating the power conferences, however Arkansas keeps winning we get in. Yes it would be nice had they mentioned it but who cares keep winning Hogs and the press will notice.

Biggus Piggus

They did post a Thornwell block-and-dunk sequence. Helped the Gamecocks lose by a few points less. Good work there.
[CENSORED]!

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 16, 2017, 01:20:45 pm
They did post a Thornwell block-and-dunk sequence. Helped the Gamecocks lose by a few points less. Good work there.

The block where the shot clock expired and they secured the ball afterward and through it to Thornwell on a run out?

I took Manny's shot to be cosmic karma for that seriously blown call.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 16, 2017, 01:22:43 pm
The block where the shot clock expired and they secured the ball afterward and through it to Thornwell on a run out?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18694177
[CENSORED]!

Pig in the Pokey

SEC Now last night raved about it. Said it was a huge win for us.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hamARchy in the USA

SC is a program still trying to make its mark.  That they lost is hardly a shocker.  Though ranked coming into the game, if SC continues slumping into the end of the year they will be nothing more than subtext to this season's college basketball story.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 16, 2017, 01:24:14 pm
SEC Now last night raved about it. Said it was a huge win for us.

SEC Now = SEC Network.
[CENSORED]!

ShadowHawg

Atlhogfan1

Don't lose by 28 when the spotlight is on an OOC game and lose to an awful team like Mizzou and attention and respect from outsiders may come.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 16, 2017, 01:27:45 pm
Don't lose by 28 when the spotlight is on an OOC game and lose to an awful team like Mizzou and attention and respect from outsiders may come.

Have you seen Syracuse this year? They get respect.

They lost by 30 to St. Johns and then lost to BC who hadn't won a conference game in over two years.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 16, 2017, 01:31:33 pm

They lost by 30 to St. Johns and then lost to BC who hadn't won a conference game in over two years.

Syracuse also has five top-50 victories. And a 14-point loss to South Carolina.
[CENSORED]!

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 16, 2017, 01:34:32 pm
Syracuse also has five top-50 victories. And a 14-point loss to South Carolina.

They've also been to a couple of Final Fours in the past four seasons.

Hogdomer

They also lost to South Carolina in non-conference.

LZH

So this is what it has come to. We get our feelings hurt because there are no highlights of our victory over a 21st ranked team from the SEC East.

And some of you think guys like me are overreacting because our program has fallen into also-ran status.

HogsonHicks

You have to earn attention and the perception of relevance. We've not been consistent enough in recent history to expect either.

jusgtohogs

REALLY?  The leader of the free world should have nothing better to do than fill out a bracket?  Yes, I realize his predecessor filled one out and I always thought that was ridiculous. 

cityhog

psssst. we haven't been relevant in over 20 years. pass it on.

hobhog

Razorpigg

PORKULATOR

Can you imagine the tantrum he'd throw when one of his picks lost. He'd claim Alternative Calls were the answer and that Hillary somehow got to the officials.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: jusgtohogs on February 16, 2017, 01:59:27 pm
REALLY?  The leader of the free world should have nothing better to do than fill out a bracket?  Yes, I realize his predecessor filled one out and I always thought that was ridiculous. 
I think your opinion is ridiculous.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 16, 2017, 03:03:12 pm
Can you imagine the tantrum he'd throw when one of his picks lost. He'd claim Alternative Calls were the answer and that Hillary somehow got to the officials.

Isn't that what Hillary did and the libs are still doing about the election?

Atlhogfan1

Yes.  It is the Syracuse brand which gets respect as they are still making F4's every so often and still have their legend coaching.  Still a very nationally relevant program even with a down season.  That and the media markets where they are popular.  We know this is all entertainment.  SEC basketball just isn't interesting outside of UK and that is certainly true for our program right now to outsiders(not a comment on how good the conference or team may actually be from a competitive standpoint).

Next1_04

Different sport but still cool

Youngsta71701

Obama= Coolest most down to earth president ever. Clinton a close 2nd.

Trump= Most stuck up, [CENSORED] bag, less knowledgeable president ever. If Trump is not doing something for Trump he don't give a damn.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: LZH on February 16, 2017, 01:46:50 pm
So this is what it has come to. We get our feelings hurt because there are no highlights of our victory over a 21st ranked team from the SEC East.

And some of you think guys like me are overreacting because our program has fallen into also-ran status.

No, I expected ESPN.com to mention an upset over a top 25 team, sometime within a few hours of when it [CENSORED] happened. [CENSORED].
[CENSORED]!

MountieDawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 03:34:21 pm
Obama= Coolest most down to earth president ever. Clinton a close 2nd.

Trump= Most stuck up, [CENSORED] bag, less knowledgeable president ever. If Trump is not doing something for Trump he don't give a damn.

Thanks for the post, I now understand every one of your posts much better...  For the longest time I thought you were some type of paid poster who gets paid to posts 24/7 to stand up for MA.  Now I understand so much better.  Sorry for your loss with HILLARY!
SEC!

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 16, 2017, 03:21:55 pm
Yes.  It is the Syracuse brand which gets respect as they are still making F4's every so often and still have their legend coaching.  Still a very nationally relevant program even with a down season.  That and the media markets where they are popular.  We know this is all entertainment.  SEC basketball just isn't interesting outside of UK and that is certainly true for our program right now to outsiders(not a comment on how good the conference or team may actually be from a competitive standpoint).

If SC continues its slide, Ark continues to be the Andersons, and Fla and UK maintain their gap over the rest of the league, the season would wind up with Florida and Kentucky and the 12 doormats.  Might the SEC only get two teams into the tourney ?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 16, 2017, 03:45:09 pm
Thanks for the post, I now understand every one of your posts much better...  For the longest time I thought you were some type of paid poster who gets paid to posts 24/7 to stand up for MA.  Now I understand so much better.  Sorry for your loss with HILLARY!
I like Bielema too. What say ye? I didn't want either one of them...lol...Wish we could have taken 4 years off...I guess somebody have to be president huh... ??? :-\

I believe in fair. Everybody in the world knows that Trump doesn't have the qualifications it takes to be POTUS...

MountieDawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 03:46:37 pm
I like Bielema too. What say ye? I didn't want either one of them...lol...Wish we could have taken 4 years off...I guess somebody have to be president huh... ??? :-\

Serious question?   What do you do that allows you to post 24 hours a day 7 days per week?  Not griping, just every time I come on I see tons and tons of posts from you? 
SEC!

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on February 16, 2017, 03:45:38 pm
If SC continues its slide, Ark continues to be the Andersons, and Fla and UK maintain their gap over the rest of the league, the season would wind up with Florida and Kentucky and the 12 doormats.  Might the SEC only get two teams into the tourney ?

I guess it is possible.  We go 2-3 and lose the first game in the SECT.  Would bring concern waiting for the NCAAT announcement.  Don't see it happening but I didn't see some things that have happened this season.  If you can lose to Mizzou and get outplayed badly by LSU for a half in the last half of conference play guess anything is possible. 

Hogs will make it in.  Guessing SC limps in.  Tenn makes an NIT run.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 16, 2017, 03:49:33 pm
Serious question?   What do you do that allows you to post 24 hours a day 7 days per week?  Not griping, just every time I come on I see tons and tons of posts from you?
I post during the day while I'm at work. Not much after work. I have my own office, desk, and personal computer and my job consist of doing a lot of work on that computer. In the mean while I'm waiting for something to do I look at sports stuff. I'm a sports junkie if you can't tell. Can't get enough of it. It was a big part of my youth and upbringing. I wouldn't mind being a guest on first take so I can have a go with Stephen A. That's the deal. That's why I can post so much during the day. Time killer... ;D

3of5-2

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 16, 2017, 03:45:09 pm
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 03:56:38 pm
I post during the day while I'm at work. Not much after work. I have my own office, desk, and personal computer and my job consist of doing a lot of work on that computer. In the mean while I'm waiting for something to do I look at sports stuff. I'm a sports junkie if you can't tell. Can't get enough of it. It was a big part of my youth and upbringing. I wouldn't mind being a guest on first take so I can have a go with Stephen A. That's the deal. That's why I can post so much during the day. Time killer... ;D

OK... I see in the past 24 hours you have 100 posts.... Not hating, just thought you must be retired or Obama set you up with a good entitlement program.  I know business loves Trump, the stock market is flying and now with the same immigration policies as Obama is our considered awful and Obama's are considered great.  But I dont want to go political.  Just happy to know what you do, do you work at a large corporation?
SEC!

BassinHawg

They win last night and all of a sudden everyone acts like they are a Sweet 16 Team...smdh!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

sowmonella

Quote from: MountieDawg on February 16, 2017, 03:49:33 pm

He only averages 2 posts per day. JB Carol averages 32 posts per day. ????
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

XavierZane

The SEC Network and especially the main ESPN after-coverage of the game was incredibly biased.  I didn't get to watch the game, so I was looking forward to a good breakdown of an upset.  Instead I got a minute-long SC highlight package with an cursory "by the way, this team lost!"   :puke:

Seriously, it's incredibly clear that the narrative last night was supposed to be "Potential SEC POY leads team back on track!" and when that didn't happen they had to (badly) adapt to all their prep-work being pointless.

3of5-2

Quote from: BassinHawg on February 16, 2017, 04:11:42 pm
They win last night and all of a sudden everyone acts like they are a Sweet 16 Team...smdh!
Wait till their next loss.

husker71

According to a Huffington Post article ESPN lost over 1,000,000 subscribers in Oct and Nov of 2016.  One source today says they lose 10,000 subscribers per day right now.  Disney is not liking that investment is my guess.

latrops

Quote from: husker71 on February 16, 2017, 04:40:13 pm
According to a Huffington Post article ESPN lost over 1,000,000 subscribers in Oct and Nov of 2016.  One source today says they lose 10,000 subscribers per day right now.  Disney is not liking that investment is my guess.

Cable/satellite packages are high and most moderately tech savvy folks can find most of what they want to watch for free.

BigoBoys

Did you let ESPN know about it?