Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TeamRankings.com now gives Arkansas a 72% chance of making the tournament.

Started by Raymond Zorback, February 16, 2017, 11:26:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymond Zorback

Most likely seed: 8

We were the biggest gainer of any team in the country for tournament chances yesterday.  Before the SC game we had a 46% chance of making it, now it's at 72%.  Win our home games and we're in. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/team/arkansas-razorbacks/bracketology

You can call me Ray.

Hoggish1

ssssssh.  Keep that kind of talk down.  The team needs to keep working...

Raymond Zorback

You can call me Ray.

cardsNhogs

It was a huge win no doubt about it. We lacked a quality win and now we have one.

HF#1

I hate the 8/9 seeds. Which 1 seed would y'all wanna play in the 2nd round if we win our game?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Raymond Zorback

You can call me Ray.

forrest city joe

Very good news. what a great night it was. almost nobody thought the Hogs would go on the road and win this game. and they went out and did it.love our players and coaches for not giving up on this season. they are still fighting hard.

Adam Stokes

TeamRankings has had us higher than any other site for a while. They had us as a 9 seed even before  last night when almost everyone else had us an 11/12/out.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: HF#1 on February 16, 2017, 11:44:47 am
I hate the 8/9 seeds. Which 1 seed would y'all wanna play in the 2nd round if we win our game?

Gonzaga.   They haven't been in many close games lately and could still be undefeated going into the tournament.   If the Hogs could get hot and keep the score close into the 2nd half, all the pressure would shift to the Zags.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

razorhog52

Honestly, I just want in. For the way this year has gone, just make the tournament.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Adam Stokes on February 16, 2017, 11:53:23 am
TeamRankings has had us higher than any other site for a while. They had us as a 9 seed even before  last night when almost everyone else had us an 11/12/out.

Forecasting instead of the daily changing based on the results to that point.   What I like about looking at their projections. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

phadedhawg

The next game we play will be the biggest game of the season, and the one after that, etc...

We can't have a letdown at home after such a big win.  It's what I fear the most.  Saturday will be a gut check day for this team. 

Would be nice to go out there and slaughter them instead of playing a tight back and forth affair hoping we score last.

Rome26

Quote from: HF#1 on February 16, 2017, 11:44:47 am

I won't mind the 8/9 seed if we get Tulsa. Tulsa would give us a home crowd advantage over our opponents. If we do get the 8/9 seed, we'd have a 50 percent chance of getting Tulsa.