Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hannahs

Started by BoarnSupremacy, February 15, 2017, 07:06:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoarnSupremacy

How low would the hogs be without Dusty Hannahs.   He is the only consistent player on the team.

bvillepig

Hes a Hog.  That's all that matters.

tophawg19

the player we didn't recruit hard , just glad he came home
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

cardsNhogs

He is getting so much better at scoring off the bounce in the paint! I actually have a lot of confidence in him now off the dribble.

Bacon_Bitz

Totally balled out on Thornwell it was awesome

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 15, 2017, 07:43:54 pm
He is getting so much better at scoring off the bounce in the paint! I actually have a lot of confidence in him now off the dribble.
he's going to get paid to play basketball because of his expanded game. Kid is fearless, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Atlhogfan1

19-34 from 3 last couple of weeks.  Makes a big difference. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BrooklynRoss

The only consistent player? Manuale Watkins would like a word with you.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

PonderinHog

He made some clutch passes in traffic, too.  Really as good as anybody else in that respect.

upperdeck_hawg

He took over when SC cut it to 1. Scored 9 straight points including 3 baskets in one on one situations against Sindarius Thornwell. I thought that stretch saved the game.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

PonderinHog

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on February 15, 2017, 07:51:02 pm
He took over when SC cut it to 1. Scored 9 straight points including 3 baskets in one on one situations against Sindarius Thornwell. I thought that stretch saved the game.
No doubt about it! 

Breems

He doesn't look scared to shoot anymore. He has been very timid at times this season. His confidence is back for the 3-ball which is also opening up driving lanes. Love this guy.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

cableguy

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on February 15, 2017, 07:06:24 pm
How low would the hogs be without Dusty Hannahs.   He is the only consistent player on the team.
How low would Kentucky be without Monk? How many championships would the Bulls have without Jordan? Part of coaching is having players. I will give CMA credit for getting his team to move on offense. Hanna dido not win by himself, this was a team win.

Youngsta71701

Don't forget he wasn't shooting well at the beginning of the season but he is now. This is the player that was killing Camden Fairview in high school pulling up from near half court and draining them. When he's on his range is unlimited. Al Dillard range.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Tick Hog

Team win, however yes Hannahs played lights out. He's been playing well. Barford has the talent to take a game over which is exciting. Moses great second half. When those 3 are all on at the same time we're a tough out.

hogfanny

Yep, any way ya stack it , the Hogs are a different team when Dusty isn't on the bench!!!!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Tick Hog on February 15, 2017, 08:52:02 pm
Team win, however yes Hannahs played lights out. He's been playing well. Barford has the talent to take a game over which is exciting. Moses great second half. When those 3 are all on at the same time we're a tough out.
And when is the last time we had a guy shoot clutch free throws as good as Macon...The Ice water man...

Tick Hog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 08:54:24 pm
And when is the last time we had a guy shoot clutch free throws as good as Macon...The Ice water man...
This is true. Man the nerves on that guy

Hogsolo

I love everything Dusty has brought to the Hogs the last two years.  Just a great Razorback!

Man if Barford was three or four inches taller he'd be a one and done. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 15, 2017, 07:42:45 pm
the player we didn't recruit hard , just glad he came home

I love Dusty, but when he was at Tech, he was nowhere near what he is today. Remember that as tough minded as he is, we still have to hide him defensively.

ShadowHawg

No kidding. He is like a secret weapon we unleash the last couple minutes of a game.

k.c.hawg

It was so good to see Dusty with full blown confidence tonight. They had played Notice on him and then when USCE made their run Thornwell comes out and is getting low on Dusty. Dusty is patient, dribbles methodically and works him to the wing and the takes that chump off the bounce. Next time down more of the same. Very heartwarming to see a kid that wanted to be a Hog so bad he spent 2 years maturing at Tech, then sat out a year in order to play for the Hogs. To see him take over late in a game against a Top 20 team on the road.....kind of a make or break game for the Hogs, was exhilarating. Smoked em from deep early and beat them off the bounce late. So proud he is a Hog!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Youngsta71701

Scotty Thurman maybe?

DeltaBoy

That is Dusty Bombs Away Hannah's
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

sneakybeats

Dusty is finally getting the minutes he should have been getting all season.   
Nolan started a basketball revolution.

revolution

Quote from: sneakybeats on February 16, 2017, 10:50:09 am

Rome26

Quote from: sneakybeats on February 16, 2017, 10:50:09 am

No, more like Dusty is shooting the ball well enough to justify more minutes.

poloprince

Man stop lying
$PoLoPrInCe$

forrest city joe

Dusty Hannahs is playing great basketball right now.and happy to see Mike is sticking with him. he must be in the game.he opens up things for everyone.the rage on his 3 point shot forces teams to extend their defense. he is taking over games now. and i love it.

The OTR

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 16, 2017, 11:58:40 am
Dusty Hannahs is playing great basketball right now.and happy to see Mike is sticking with him. he must be in the game.he opens up things for everyone.the rage on his 3 point shot forces teams to extend their defense. he is taking over games now. and i love it.

best post of the week right there

+1100!!

PORKULATOR

As fans, we need to file a medical hardship with the NCAA to have him one more year. We'll all be medically healthier (and mentally) next year with him.
Lololol
😂😂😂
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Peter Porker

Amazing he wasn't even offered out of high school.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 16, 2017, 03:25:38 pm
Amazing he wasn't even offered out of high school.

We chose to sign Bell in that class. 

Now we also reached for Wagner too.  But I'm guessing because Dusty would have filled the same role as Bell is why we only signed Bell. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Biggus Piggus

We have Hannahs now because he had to redshirt a year.
[CENSORED]!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 16, 2017, 04:35:57 pm
We chose to sign Bell in that class. 

Now we also reached for Wagner too.  But I'm guessing because Dusty would have filled the same role as Bell is why we only signed Bell. 
All things being equal give me the LR kid.   I guess MA thought Bell>Hannahs though he was wrong.   
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HamSammich

DLUXHOG

Quote from: bvillepig on February 15, 2017, 07:41:53 pm
Hes a Hog.  That's all that matters.

Yes!!!! he's a HOG!   Praise God he's a Hog....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 16, 2017, 04:52:08 pm
We have Hannahs now because he had to redshirt a year.
He redshirted the year he transferred to Arkansas right? They always talked about how he was lighting everybody up in practice.

Pigsknuckles

Attended the OSU debacle. All I heard around me was "who the heck is that #3?" The kid is making himself known in a good way. WPS!!!
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

revolution

We are going to miss Hannahs next year!  I don't even want to think about it.  I blame MA for using up Hannahs' eligibility.  If we had only played him in the spring semesters, he would still have two more semesters of eligibility.  We didn't need him in the non-conference, so he shouldn't have played in the fall.

MA never plans ahead! 

BoarnSupremacy

The win over USCe was a team win but dusty got it started.    He has been there lately when everyone else laid an egg,  Thank G for Macon FT shooting.

I watched him play in high school and I thought he would be a difference maker for Arkansas. But he's been much better than I expected.

Pork Twain

I do not even want to think about that, but that could be said for almost any team we have ever had and it is best to always avoid these kind of talks.  We will find out next year, when we are back in rebuilding mode.

How would we have been without Mayberry, Day or Big-O?

How would we have been without Corliss, Scotty or McDaniel?

How would we have been without Marshawn or Qualls?

How would we have been without McFadden, Matt Jones, Ryan Mallett, or Alex Collins.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

dsgreen

Quote from: sowmonella on February 17, 2017, 10:47:26 am
Does he still hold the world record for 3 pointers in 60 seconds?

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/arkansas-razorbacks-dusty-hannahs-world-record-3-pointers-103015
No, it was broken early last year.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-basketball-three-pointers-in-one-minute

Edit: Actually, his number is one shy of Hannahs.  Did Hannahs not do it officially?  Not sure why he isn't listed as the holder.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on February 16, 2017, 07:13:02 pm
All things being equal give me the LR kid.   I guess MA thought Bell>Hannahs though he was wrong.
Bell did not ever disappoint.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: revolution on February 17, 2017, 10:52:18 am
We are going to miss Hannahs next year!  I don't even want to think about it.  I blame MA for using up Hannahs' eligibility.  If we had only played him in the spring semesters, he would still have two more semesters of eligibility.  We didn't need him in the non-conference, so he shouldn't have played in the fall.

MA never plans ahead!
what😂😂
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BoarnSupremacy

I guess MA gets a bye this year with the nice win over USCe       I still think we need a change sooner or later.

VBMark

Quote from: dsgreen on February 17, 2017, 12:58:31 pm
No, it was broken early last year.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-basketball-three-pointers-in-one-minute

Edit: Actually, his number is one shy of Hannahs.  Did Hannahs not do it officially?  Not sure why he isn't listed as the holder.

From NBA line instead of college line?
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Stephen Greene

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on February 17, 2017, 03:40:30 pm
I guess MA gets a bye this year with the nice win over USCe       I still think we need a change sooner or later.

seems so