Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC inside...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, November 11, 2017, 08:46:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

Watching the Razorbacks featured on SEC inside is really getting me pumped for the LSU game.   Watching the Coastal Carolina game,  up close and personal with dramatic music is awesome.  They played a great game and were determined to win.  It was a great victory by the hogs. 

More Coffee!
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

razordan

Played a great game??? It's was absolutely embarrassing is what it was.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on November 11, 2017, 08:46:32 am
Watching the Razorbacks featured on SEC inside is really getting me pumped for the LSU game.   Watching the Coastal Carolina game,  up close and personal with dramatic music is awesome.  They played a great game and were determined to win.  It was a great victory by the hogs. 

More Coffee!

I'm not sure that I would say that at all.

As for today, I wouldn't be shocked if Arkansas comes out and plays great and is very competitive against LSU. I also wouldn't be shocked if they were big played and blown out in the first half and the second half looks like a foot race to the team bus. I have no idea what to expect from this Staff or Team today. As always, I want the Hogs to win, but...we will see.
Go Hogs Go!

duckman

Jimbob111

More Coffee!

I don't know about a great victory, more like a come-from-behind marginal one-point victory against the worst team in the entire country except for maybe Georgia Southern.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

BR

Watching the Razorbacks featured on SEC inside is really getting me pumped for the LSU game.   Watching the Coastal Carolina game,  up close and personal with dramatic music is awesome.  They played a great game  (LOL) and were determined to win.  It was a great victory by the hogs. 

More Coffee!
Troll much, you need a lot more Practice...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

If I'm giving the OP full credit, the SEC Network did make the Hogs look like they had a great win. Sort of like the NFL films shows make the 2-14 Browns look like they just missed the Super Bowl. But it's all propaganda.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: Jimbob111 on November 11, 2017, 09:27:33 am
I don't know about a great victory, more like a come-from-behind marginal one-point victory against the worst team in the entire country except for maybe Georgia Southern.

I am not really judging Coastal on their record.  I am judging them on how they played us.  Sometimes, even a really bad team, has their day.  It happens every year, when a bad team has a really good game; they play really well, everything clicks, and they beat a team they shouldn't.

Coastal might be a bad team,  but they didn't play bad against us that day.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on November 11, 2017, 09:45:01 am
I am not really judging Coastal on their record.  I am judging them on how they played us.  Sometimes, even a really bad team, has their day.  It happens every year, when a bad team has a really good game; they play really well, everything clicks, and they beat a team they shouldn't.

Then I hope we learned from them last week, and that we take it to LSU, but odds say we'll get blown out.

I can handle it if we win! Can everyone else.!?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on November 11, 2017, 09:45:01 am

sure thing bert.

i'd think on game day you wouldn't have time to post on hogville.

coaching next year might be a stretch, you might land a tv gig though....good luck and good riddance.

Grunt

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 11, 2017, 09:24:49 am
I'm not sure that I would say that at all.

As for today, I wouldn't be shocked if Arkansas comes out and plays great and is very competitive against LSU. I also wouldn't be shocked if they were big played and blown out in the first half and the second half looks like a foot race to the team bus. I have no idea what to expect from this Staff or Team today. As always, I want the Hogs to win, but...we will see.
I've never been so angry and disillusioned ...in 70 years.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Torqued pork

I expect most of LSU's season highlight footage to come from this game. That's how we roll and will be Bret's only lasting legacy here.

Grunt

Quote from: duckman on November 11, 2017, 09:25:29 am

Could be, or sarcasm  or even sincerity. For sure Pollyannaish.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: Grunt on November 11, 2017, 10:00:49 am
Could be, or sarcasm  or even sincerity. For sure Pollyannaish.

I am not being a troll!  I am being serious.  It was a great come from behind win,  and we will be LSU.  Hammonds is the best running back in college football!  Just look what he is managing to do behind an offensive line that isn't that great. Can you imagine if he was running behind an offensive line like Georgia or Alabama?  We are talking Heisman candidate. If he gets a lot of runs - we win.

WilsonHog

November 11, 2017, 10:13:52 am #14 Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:38:10 am by WilsonHog
Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on November 11, 2017, 10:08:10 am
I am not being a troll!  I am being serious.  It was a great come from behind win,  and we will be LSU.  Hammonds is the best running back in college football!  Just look what he is managing to do behind an offensive line that isn't that great. Can you imagine if he was running behind an offensive line like Georgia or Alabama?  We are talking Heisman candidate. If he gets a lot of runs - we win.

You just called a player with a total of 25 carries "the best running back in college football." Not Saquon Barkley. Not Bryce Love. Not Josh Adams. Not Jonathan Taylor. T.J. Hammonds.

That marks you as one of three things:

(1) a troll;
(2) a simpleton;
(3) a fan so pollyannish that we could be down 52-0 with 3:00 to play in the fourth quarter, and you'd be the guy still standing up in a near-empty section and screaming, "WE GOT THIS, GUYS!!" And your reaction when the game ended 52-0 would be, "Oh, darn!"   

Regardless of which one it is (maybe #2 and #3) you are deserving of no serious consideration as a credible poster whose takes are worth reading.

BR

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 11, 2017, 10:13:52 am
You just called a player with a total of 25 carries "the best running back in college football." That marks you as one of three things:

(1) a troll;
(2) a simpleton;
(3) a fan so pollyannish that we could be down 52-0 with 3:00 to play in the fourth quarter, and you'd be the guy still standing up in a near-empty section and screaming, "WE GOT THIS, GUYS!!" And your reaction when the game ended 52-0 would be, "Oh, darn!"   

Regardless of which one it is (maybe #2 and #3) you are deserving of no serious consideration as a credible poster whose takes are worth reading.
***********BAM****************
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: razordan on November 11, 2017, 09:21:02 am
Played a great game??? It's was absolutely embarrassing is what it was.
I hope there was a little sarcasm involved with the OP's post... :-\
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 11, 2017, 10:13:52 am
You just called a player with a total of 25 carries "the best running back in college football." That marks you as one of three things:

(1) a troll;
(2) a simpleton;

Regardless of which one it is (maybe #2 and #3) you are deserving of no serious consideration as a credible poster whose takes are worth readingt.
Yet, he keeps readers coming and replying.  Very entertaining!

Seebs

Its like continuing to go through the freak show to see if the dog-faced boy is still there. He is.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

MuskogeeHogFan

November 11, 2017, 10:33:55 am #20 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:35:54 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: Grunt on November 11, 2017, 09:56:49 am
I've never been so angry and disillusioned ...in 70 years.

You and I have both lived long enough to know that the only thing certain in life is change, and we are abut to see this happen again. I can't say that 4 years from now that we will be ecstatic with whomever we get, but there is a chance. #playrespectably
Go Hogs Go!

From Tusk Till Dawn

On another note, SEC inside will have ark-lsu on wed next week.