Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 11:54:13 am

Swore in..

Started by ar_hog_fan, February 04, 2013, 04:16:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ar_hog_fan

Marines last week. I'm a poolee now, going to San Diego in September. Any tips/suggestions?

Ragnar Hogbrok

Grit your teeth and persist.

The military isn't what it was 10 or even 5 years ago.  I wish you good fortune and hope you find a niche where you can make a living and be happy.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Blue35

Be a good Jar Head. It is a very proud uniform.

DOGALUM

Beg to get out of it and join the Navy!

Congrats bro.  Make us proud.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

DevilHog1775

Best of luck to ya! Where did you enlist out of (city of RSS)?

Flying Razorback

Quote from: ar_hog_fan on February 04, 2013, 04:16:11 pm
Marines last week. I'm a poolee now, going to San Diego in September. Any tips/suggestions?

Run, run, run, run, run, push ups, sit-ups, pull ups, run, run, run, run, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, run, run, run....

And when you get tired of that, run some more.  You will only thank yourself when you get to training.  A few months before you had better get yourself used to getting up early.  If you show up ready to get up early in the morning, and run miles and miles and miles and miles and miles every day, then it won't be nearly as bad.

Rinse and repeat until you get to training.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

warriorlion

Semper FI!!  Get in as good of shape as you can before you go would be everyone's advice, and when you get there don't take anything personal.  It all has a purpose even though you may not understand what it is at the time.

Good luck! I know I have great memories from the Corps-from boot camp in 1986 until the day I got out in 1993. 

ar_hog_fan

Thank you all. I've never been more excited and anxious for anything in my life. I can't wait to get that uniform on and be able to call myself a US Marine!

ar_hog_fan

Quote from: DevilHog1775 on February 08, 2013, 11:25:31 pm
Best of luck to ya! Where did you enlist out of (city of RSS)?

Rogers

LSUFan

Marines are not allowed to die, without permission!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

old hog

Congrats to ya. Proud for you.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.