Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 07:33:43 pm

Moving

Started by ADAM_713, May 19, 2010, 11:12:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ADAM_713

Thought I would pass this along to all you current guys for you to remember when you're moving. 

Although it is not owed, give your movers some water in the day and a pizza for lunch.  Make sure you inform them of this when they first get there.  Your move will be much smoother, and your goods in much better condition upon arrival.  Also make sure you take pictures of all damage, and even have a mover stand in the pic to display that it happened upon arrival.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

usnavyhogfan

i offered beer to the movers last time i moved but they declined. everything arrived in one piece too
The dream is free, the journey is not.

ADAM_713

Quote from: usnavyhogfan on May 19, 2010, 02:22:25 pm
i offered beer to the movers last time i moved but they declined. everything arrived in one piece too

I always enjoyed that.  You get drunk off two beers in the cab after working all day moving someone in the AR sun.

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

hogginbama

That is a tip that I have used for all the moves over my career. In 2007 when we moved to Columbia, SC., the temp was a cool 110+ and the movers definetly appreciated the cooler full of water/gatorade, lunch and a case of beer at the end of the day. You take care of those guys and they will take care of you. My last 2 moves have been door-to-door moves with the deals set up between me and the driver. By doing that it stops your household goods from going into storage and limits the chance of stuff getting broken.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

H&D

When we moved back to AR from FL, I was still in FL for about a month and my stuff was put into storage in AR at my in-laws house.  Well after being home for a few months living with the in-laws while looking for a place the moving company called me and asked if I was missing a tool box, they met me at the Wal-Mart in Van Buren ans sure enough they had my rolling craftsmen tool cabinet with about $3,000 in tools still inside.  I had figured it was just stuffed in the back of the storage building and it would have been a few months before I would have ever noticed it was missing, I took those guy's to Big Jake's for steak before they left town.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"