Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Elton Ford and T. Thomas after practice today.

Started by Ugly Uncle, August 31, 2011, 08:16:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

Got to ask them a couple of questions after the practice today.

T. Thomas said that his goal for this year is 7 int.  That is his personal goal.

I asked Ford about the receivers saying they feared him more than any other defender we have and his thoughts.

He said, "In my mind I go through what I do when I'm coming up to make a play.  Hit em then wrap them up second."

He is probably our surest tackler we have on the team.  He is going to deliver a pounding to guys all this year.

Oh, and Willy said he was going to start Bennett.  Don't know what that is about.  Haven't seen him play up to the level of Ford during any of the practices.
Retired Radio Host

Mrcoolhog55

To Ched UglyUncle Carpenter, That is a good report on a couple of our defensive players..I really like the way our defense is coming around this year... i think it is going to be a dominating defense against the run, and maybe our secondary will be as good as well?? I have  question to ask you, DO you think any of our rbs can run as hard as Knile did,and keep our running game strong for this year????

Nosboar Accubond

FaytownHog

Quote from: PorkOpine on August 31, 2011, 08:27:19 pm
What that got to do with A&M, OU, BYU, VT, FSU, planes, Texas, marching bands, pick-em's, uniforms, Colorado, Nebraska, HDN, PPV, Frank Broyles, Chip Brown, etc?...

Sure you're on the right board?

J/k  Thanks for tossing something out there that's Hog related.
It's been tough sledding with practices shut down. Makes the hog fever go into full effect! And unfortunately it's made some people crazy.

Hey Super

Quote from: Mrcoolhog55 on August 31, 2011, 08:26:31 pm
To Ched UglyUncle Carpenter, That is a good report on a couple of our defensive players..I really like the way our defense is coming around this year... i think it is going to be a dominating defense against the run, and maybe our secondary will be as good as well?? I have  question to ask you, DO you think any of our rbs can run as hard as Knile did,and keep our running game strong for this year????

The amount of ?'s you use makes my eye twitch
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

Ugly Uncle

Wingo says he is going to do it.  Coaches say he has been impressive.  I got to see D. Curtis for a couple of days out there.  He looked very good.  Dennis Johnson is going to be explosive when he gets healthy.  Small is going to be tough to bring down once he gets moving forward.  Then you have Kody Walker and Kelvin Fisher.  Expect great things from those guys in the future.  Fisher will not be redshirted as he looks to be on the KR team.
Retired Radio Host

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: PorkOpine on August 31, 2011, 08:27:19 pm
What that got to do with A&M, OU, BYU, VT, FSU, planes, Texas, marching bands, pick-em's, uniforms, Colorado, Nebraska, HDN, PPV, Frank Broyles, Chip Brown, etc?...

Sure you're on the right board?

J/k  Thanks for tossing something out there that's Hog related.

Franklin, when asked if he was still having to tell Highsmith what to do out there, "No, I don't have to tell him anything.  He knows what to do and he does it."  I'm not sure on the exact quote because my recorder just went dead, so I'll get the exact wording to you soon.

Retired Radio Host

Davy turtle

Quote from: LongHog on August 31, 2011, 09:24:22 pm

+++1    ThoUght iT wAs just me......
"In that piece when they go back in the pocket and throw, it will predict alot of the success that they have."

Les Miles   -LSUSports.net Nov 22 2010

Bigdavis

Ugly Uncle

Okay, got my recorder working again so let me clean up what I just said about Franklin.

He was asked if he was going to have to calm Highsmith down out there.  The question was asked in context of Willy saying that Highsmith and R. Thomas biggest problem will be staying calm in front of 85k people.

Franklin said, "Nah, Nah, I'm not worried about what he is going to do.  I'm sure he is going to do fine. So, he is used to playing, he will be alright."

Retired Radio Host

McmerleHOG

Small is the new huge.

farmhawg

I love Ford and his hitting, surprised he wouldn't start.

Thanks again UU.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HF_Mudd

And so it is, my friend....

ozarkshogfan

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on August 31, 2011, 09:38:32 pm
  I'm not sure on the exact quote because my recorder just went dead,

Reel to reel? Joking, good report :)

WPS2109

speaking of ford, just seen where eric bennet is most likely to start over ford

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: WPS2109 on September 01, 2011, 01:18:00 am

If Ford isn't starting against Alabama, T. Richardson will bench press Bennett into the 3rd row.

WPS2109

Quote from: footballmaniac on September 01, 2011, 07:47:26 am
If Ford isn't starting against Alabama, T. Richardson will bench press Bennett into the 3rd row.
haha i was suprised when i seen it, http://arkansas.rivals.com/default.asp?type=1 idk if its just for the missouri st game

adave

Quote from: LongHog on August 31, 2011, 09:24:22 pm

To Mr. LongHog,  What are you talking about??? ???  Mrcoolhog is the best poster we have??? ???

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

A Hogwork Orange

Quote from: WPS2109 on September 01, 2011, 01:18:00 am

I think this is more to give Bennet confidence and to motivate Ford. A two birds with one stone scenario.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: A Hogwork Orange on September 01, 2011, 01:27:20 pm
I think this is more to give Bennet confidence and to motivate Ford. A two birds with one stone scenario.

This is exactly the type of coach BP is in my opinion. Ford will be out there when it matters.

want2be

Quote from: footballmaniac on September 01, 2011, 07:47:26 am

I agree........Keep Ford fresh until Bama......Speaking of Ford, does he wear a horse collar since his neck injury a couple of years ago?

When they run the 5-2 defense doesn't Jericho back up to safety?

solix

the inTerwebz r 4 the typingz?