Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's all about the players...not as much the coach

Started by twistitup, January 05, 2010, 06:55:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

This game proves everything. Be tough on Pel if you want....be tough on any coach, but if they don't have the studs on the court - it just doesn't work.

One Player, that's all that was added. All of a sudden everything improves. Did Pel do anything different? No.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Ftsmithmike

The coach recruits the players. But never mind the bickering here tonight. We are school the Whorns on national TV.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: twistitup on January 05, 2010, 06:55:39 pm
This game proves everything. Be tough on Pel if you want....be tough on any coach, but if they don't have the studs on the court - it just doesn't work.

One Player, that's all that was added. All of a sudden everything improves. Did Pel do anything different? No.

Take Peyton Manning off the Colts and see what happens.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Breems

Yea, and that one player can also be Rotnei Clarke.  He is a bit overshadowed in the excitement of Fortson but he has been HUGE.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

netteltonhog

Add Bill Self as head coach and see what happens.

hawgsav1

It's idiotic to think that coaches make a marginal difference.  Whether or not you support Pelphrey, coaches can and do make a difference in a program.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Marshfieldhog

College sports is all about the coach..pros maybe not so much

twistitup

Quote from: netteltonhog on January 05, 2010, 07:25:37 pm
Add Bill Self as head coach and see what happens.

Add Bill Self and take away Courtney Fortson, you get the same bad basketball.

Thats my point

twistitup

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on January 05, 2010, 07:34:26 pm
College sports is all about the coach..pros maybe not so much

Explain the difference Courtney Fortson is making tonight....Coaching difference? No.

Marshfieldhog

Fortson is a difference maker this year, but its lamost too late for a tourney run and I bet he doesn't return next year. Who will repace fortson then? Did coach line someone up like fortson?