Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fortson To Play Tonight??

Started by Aaron Peters, January 05, 2010, 03:45:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny J

Quote from: Firednutt on January 05, 2010, 04:56:01 pm
Jordan , Kobe or lebron could come off the bench tonite, still won't matter.
Agreed. I think that even our best teams in the 90's would have a hard time with this texas team. Of course we would beat them but it would not be a blowout. This texas team is for real and I think it would be a positive to stay within 10 points at the end of the game.

hogdiggity

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 05, 2010, 04:58:26 pm
I like to kid him because his sources often end up being wrong just as much as they were right.  Posting after the UA announces it is one certain way to end up being right

OK, that is funny

elksnort

Quote from: headhawg7 on January 05, 2010, 04:58:45 pm
Agreed. I think that even our best teams in the 90's would have a hard time with this texas team. Of course we would beat them but it would not be a blowout. This texas team is for real and I think it would be a positive to stay within 10 points at the end of the game.
There is no body in College basketball today that could beat the Arkansas', UNLVs, Dukes, et cetera of 15-20 years ago. College basketball is a mere shell of itself compared to then.

thirtythree

Quote from: elksnort on January 05, 2010, 05:01:07 pm
There is no body in College basketball today that could beat the Arkansas', UNLVs, Dukes, et cetera of 15-20 years ago. College basketball is a mere shell of itself compared to then.

As much as I would like to agree with this I think there are a few. I like Kansas this year. Barnes probably has his best team ever (arguably) in Texas. There are a couple more in recent years, but for the most part you're correct.

Danny J

Quote from: elksnort on January 05, 2010, 05:01:07 pm
I didnt say they would beat us...I said it would be agood game.

moses_007

The Razorback site said Pel indicated Fortson is returning, but it didn't say when he'll play.  Maybe he'll just warm the bench for a few games until he gets his shooting touch back.

rude1

Good, last excuse just crossed off the list. Damn it, I forgot Sanchez is out. Oh well, still one more excuse to go.

elksnort

Quote from: headhawg7 on January 05, 2010, 05:04:19 pm
I didnt say they would beat us...I said it would be agood game.
I stand/sit corrected.

thirtythree

Quote from: rude1 on January 05, 2010, 05:08:09 pm
Good, last excuse just crossed off the list. Damn it, I forgot Sanchez is out. Oh well, still one more excuse to go.

No. Sanchez will not be used as an excuse. As much as I would love to have him on the floor his position isn't the one that has been killing us. There won't be any reasons from me based upon him not being in there.

rude1

Quote from: thirtythree on January 05, 2010, 05:12:28 pm
No. Sanchez will not be used as an excuse. As much as I would love to have him on the floor his position isn't the one that has been killing us. There won't be any reasons from me based upon him not being in there.
So what will it be? There will always be something used. Lack of depth? Fortson not in game shape yet? Fortson missed half the season and won't get in a groove till next year? Didn't realize how much Sanchez really meant to this team? Mike Washington's back is really hurting him? The players just aren't executing Pelphrey's game plan? Lot of these players are new and need time to jell? It will be something, it always is.

thirtythree

Quote from: rude1 on January 05, 2010, 05:24:04 pm
So what will it be? There will always be something used. Lack of depth? Fortson not in game shape yet? Fortson missed half the season and won't get in a groove till next year? Didn't realize how much Sanchez really meant to this team? Mike Washington's back is really hurting him? The players just aren't executing Pelphrey's game plan? Lot of these players are new and need time to jell? It will be something, it always is.

I will give my opinion and that's it. If some aren't happy and want to call it excuses then there's nothing I can do about that.