Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fortson To Play Tonight??

Started by Aaron Peters, January 05, 2010, 03:45:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Peters

"don't be surprised if an old familiar face is playing point guard for the hog hoops team tonight vs. texas" that is what i was just told by a reliable source. In fact i've hear this from a couple people now. The Razorback Nation will have a man at the arena early to see if Fortson is warming up but don't be shocked if Fortson is playing tonight.

HogInThaGrove

God I hope so.  Could be ugly if not.  Hell, could be ugly if...

WMHawgfan

Wow! Thanks JL for giving him a couple of warmup games before throwing him out there against Texas! Almost seems like making his first game against UT is just further punishment.

thirtythree

RAZ FAN

Thanks for the update. Maybe this will be the spark to get it going.

jst01

well, it's a positive if only for the extra "energy" he might create. hope all goes well.

ImMcLovin

Would be really great!! I wish I knew for sure then I would attend!

jst01

Quote from: ImMcLovin on January 05, 2010, 03:56:13 pm
Would be really great!! I wish I knew for sure then I would attend!

just go. the chance you are there for a buzzer beater to beat the #1 team is worth it. you never know if you might witness Tex having a bad night and our guys shoot 67%.

Razorod

let's hope this comes to fruition. i'd love to see fortson on the court.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Hogbody

Sounds like a good chance he is playing from what I hear

I would go if I were you

Razorpigg

GO Courtney...Its ur burfday!!!!

Porkem

January 05, 2010, 04:22:25 pm #11 Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 04:25:03 pm by Porkem Yung
A buddy of mine just handed me two free tickets to tonight's game...good seats.  I live right on Dickson Street but none of my running buddies want to go the game.  Since Fortson might be playing....I'm thinking about going.

Here are my options.....

1.  Go to the arena...sell the two tickets together for as much as I can get and then buy a cheap or maybe even free ticket for myself and go down and sit in the student section.

2.  Go give them away and stay home and keep drinking, watch it on my 42'' LCD,  and rant on Hogville.

3.  Sell them on Dickson St. and watch the game at the bar.

What would you do?

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

razorhead94

My source is saying this as well
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Breems

Quote from: Razorpigg on January 05, 2010, 04:22:05 pm
GO Courtney...Its ur burfday!!!!

I don't know why, but I read this post and burst out laughing lol.  +1 for some odd reason.

Quote from: Aaron Peters on January 05, 2010, 03:45:18 pm
"don't be surprised if an old familiar face is playing point guard for the hog hoops team tonight vs. texas"

Corey Beck?

I still don't look for Fortson to be back, but if he is it will really change the game.

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

ImMcLovin

Quote from: Porkem Yung on January 05, 2010, 04:22:25 pm
A buddy of mine just handed me two free tickets to tonight's game...good seats.  I live right on Dickson Street but none of my running buddies want to go the game.  Since Fortson might be playing....I'm thinking about going.

Here are my options.....

1.  Go to the arena...sell the two tickets together for as much as I can get and then buy a cheap or maybe even free ticket for myself and go down and sit in the student section.

2.  Go give them away and stay home and drink and watch it on my 42'' LCD and get on rant on Hogville.

What would you do?

BAR!! $1 Beers at Grubbs....if you can sell them for atleast $30 that should get you well wasted!! =)

Porkem

Quote from: ImMcLovin on January 05, 2010, 04:25:21 pm
BAR!! $1 Beers at Grubbs....if you can sell them for atleast $30 that should get you well wasted!! =)

That is exactly what I'm thinking.  I want to drink and watch it on TV...but I kind of want to take a flask and go to the game....then get wasted afterward.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Breems

Here are my options.....

2.  Go give them away and stay home and keep drinking, watch it on my 42'' LCD,  and rant on Hogville.

What would you do?

I'd go to the game.  It's Texas after all.  Did I misspell Texas?

thirtythree

Here are my options.....

What would you do?

Go to the game.

hostilehog

Ark Razorback Foundation just twittered to confirm he is cleared to play
The gene pool around here could use a little chlorine

Breems

Quote from: hostilehog on January 05, 2010, 04:28:36 pm
Ark Razorback Foundation just twittered to confirm he is cleared to play

Dang it!!! I wish I'd gone to the game. 

Porkatarian

It's true.   :razorback:

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Porkem

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 05, 2010, 04:27:27 pm
I'd go to the game.  It's Texas after all.  Did I misspell Texas?

I've decided....I'm going to the game.  Jumping in the shower right now.  Will hit the bars and catch up with y'all later tonight.  I should be good and drunk and ready to rant.  If Fortson plays and we win....I promise to be positive (at least for the night).

thirtythree

Breems

A good question is when he'll play in the game as well...

1.)  Start.
2.)  After a few minutes in the first half.
3.)  The second half.

What do you guys think based on Pel's past methods and/or restrictions in the rulebook I haven't read?

thirtythree

Quote from: Porkem Yung on January 05, 2010, 04:30:29 pm
I've decided....I'm going to the game.  Jumping in the shower right now.  Will hit the bars and catch up with y'all later tonight.  I should be good and drunk and ready to rant.  If Fortson plays and we win....I promise to be positive (at least for the night).

Be safe my friend. See ya later tonight on here in vent mode. ;D

tbhogfan

Go Hogs!

The Boar War

Here are my options.....

What would you do?

If you have two free tickets and live a few blocks away..... go!!!!  I'm not happy with the way things are going but would love to be there (with or without Fortson). 

thirtythree

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 05, 2010, 04:30:49 pm

1.)  Start.
3.)  The second half.

What do you guys think based on Pel's past methods and/or restrictions in the rulebook I haven't read?

Definitley off the bench. When? It depends on how Nobles, or whoever starts at the point, handles the pressure from Texas.

Breems

Quote from: thirtythree on January 05, 2010, 04:32:00 pm
Definitley off the bench. When? It depends on how Nobles, or whoever starts at the point, handles the pressure from Texas.

If it depends on Nobles' performance, Fortson will be in very soon.

Porkem

Quote from: thirtythree on January 05, 2010, 04:31:09 pm
Be safe my friend. See ya later tonight on here in vent mode. ;D

Thanks thirtythree....see ya later tonight.  I'm thinking Fortson will come in at the first TV timeout.  Somewhere around the 16 minute mark. 

Hogbody

Anyone wanna gimme tickets? Lol

TRUHOG718

anyone want my ticket for tonight?  correction I need an extra ticket for tonight!!   :D
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

Hogbody

Razor6

Quote from: Aaron Peters on January 05, 2010, 03:45:18 pm
"don't be surprised if an old familiar face is playing point guard for the hog hoops team tonight vs. texas" that is what i was just told by a reliable source. In fact i've hear this from a couple people now. The Razorback Nation will have a man at the arena early to see if Fortson is warming up but don't be shocked if Fortson is playing tonight.

71 posts and you are getting 'er done.

Good job with all you do.

Thanks for good reporting.  PS:  I very much enjoy your youtube clip.  "We have the finest font on our teleprompters." <--Classic
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Razor6

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 05, 2010, 04:30:49 pm

1.)  Start.
3.)  The second half.

He had to practice on his own, right?... So what is his conditioning like...
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Breems

Quote from: Porkem Yung on January 05, 2010, 04:30:29 pm
If Fortson plays and we win....I promise to be positive (at least for the night).

And if we don't win and play it close, you will be positive for the night as well?  *crosses fingers*

jst01

Quote from: Razor6 on January 05, 2010, 04:47:38 pm

while blunting or not blunting? that is the question

Danny J

I will believe it when I see it. Just the cynic in me I guess.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 05, 2010, 04:29:59 pm
It's true.   :razorback:

Porkatarian out...

Congrats on confirming this 3 minutes after the University did.   youre the man
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

razobak

Anyone still have their dreadlock wig from last year?
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

thirtythree

Quote from: Razor6 on January 05, 2010, 04:47:38 pm

He has been practicing with the team fro several weeks now as I understand it.

He won't be in complete game shape, but better than just coming off the street.

elksnort

What is the over/under in turnovers tonight?

hogdiggity

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 05, 2010, 04:53:17 pm
Congrats on confirming this 3 minutes after the University did.   youre the man

man it is chippy over here, I haven't hung out in jump ball much lately!  Pork is a good guy, usually has good info

Breems

Quote from: ArkansasRazorbacks.comWe are pleased that Courtney has done the things necessary for him to incorporate basketball fully back into his life," Pelphrey said. "In the past few months, Courtney has worked hard to address personal issues and meet objectives to facilitate his return to active competition.

This is the part I like to see.  Whether he makes a huge difference on the court or not, I'm glad he reached the goals he needed to reach.

thirtythree

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 05, 2010, 04:56:28 pm
This is the part I like to see.  Whether he makes a huge difference on the court or not, I'm glad he reached the goals he needed to reach.

Bingo! Life first, basketball 2nd.

heathtits

Quote from: Hogbody on January 05, 2010, 04:37:09 pm
Anyone wanna gimme tickets? Lol

Dude you're a student aren't you?

Just bought tickets at the window for $6.

I'm actually freakin' stoked about this game.

SPAL

this is the real deal..

however, it just went from a 30 point loss to a 25 point loss.

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogdiggity on January 05, 2010, 04:55:29 pm
man it is chippy over here, I haven't hung out in jump ball much lately!  Pork is a good guy, usually has good info

I like to kid him because his sources often end up being wrong just as much as they were right.  Posting after the UA announces it is one certain way to end up being right
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Breems

Quote from: heathtits on January 05, 2010, 04:57:27 pm
Dude you're a student aren't you?

Just bought tickets at the window for $6.

I'm actually freakin' stoked about this game.

Sweet man, glad you're there!!  Support my Hogs for me!