Started by TennesseeRaz, January 05, 2010, 11:43:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TennesseeRaz

College of Charleston over UNC?

or

Hogs over Texas?

Answering that tells you how far we've fallen.   :-[

thirtythree

Taking into consideration of where we are at the current moment I would say us beating Texas. Now, this is probably one of the best Texas teams that Rick barnes has had, so I'm not so sure it would matter how good we were.

RedSatinHog

Hogs over Texas would be bigger, for the same reasons stated by Thirty Three.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

TennesseeRaz

Quote from: thirtythree on January 05, 2010, 11:53:47 am
Taking into consideration of where we are at the current moment I would say us beating Texas. Now, this is probably one of the best Texas teams that Rick barnes has had, so I'm not so sure it would matter how good we were.

Well, if we were good, or even decent, it wouldn't be THAT much of an upset, right?  That's my point.

thirtythree

Quote from: TennesseeRaz on January 05, 2010, 12:02:14 pm
Well, if we were good, or even decent, it wouldn't be THAT much of an upset, right?  That's my point.

Yeah it would because we wouldn't be ranked and anytime a team is ranked lower beats a higher ranked team it is an upset.

forrest city joe

Quote from: thirtythree on January 05, 2010, 12:14:24 pm
Yeah it would because we wouldn't be ranked and anytime a team is ranked lower beats a higher ranked team it is an upset.
It would because we are terrible. but none of us have to worry about that. it has no chance of happening.

thirtythree

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 05, 2010, 12:27:28 pm
It would because we are terrible. but none of us have to worry about that. it has no chance of happening.

Great insight. Thanks.

DoubleJ

Has to be Arkansas over Texas.  First of all, Texas is a much better team than North Carolina.  Secondly, I'm not so sure that we could take College of Charleston if we played them.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: thirtythree on January 05, 2010, 12:14:24 pm

This isn't about whether or not it would be an upset, that is a given.  Which would be the GREATER upset?

The obvious answer would be Arkansas beating Texas tonight IMHO.  There has been absolutely nothing which has happened thus far in our season to even suggest we have a prayer, PLUS Texas is higher ranked than UNC at this point.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

TRUHOG718

us vs TExas.
UNC is down/ college of chatrleson is up
Texas is wayy up and we are wayyyyyy (DOWN)
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

TRUHOG718

Weve been losing to boys

These are some grown ASS men coming to Fayetville tonight.  Sad but true.
They have 3 or 4 first rounders on their currrent team.  This will be the deepest team weve played since The Tarheels ran us off the floor a few years back.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

razorpimp

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 05, 2010, 12:27:28 pm

we terrible no chance win we real bad

very insightful

Hog4Ever09

Hogs over Texas, because I'm not a College of Charleston fan :)

GuvHog

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 05, 2010, 12:31:02 pm
This isn't about whether or not it would be an upset, that is a given.  Which would be the GREATER upset?

The obvious answer would be Arkansas beating Texas tonight IMHO.  There has been absolutely nothing which has happened thus far in our season to even suggest we have a prayer, PLUS Texas is higher ranked than UNC at this point.

Agreed, but ONLY because Texas is ranked much higher than UNC.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

thirtythree

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 05, 2010, 12:31:02 pm

I agree. I was just answering another question with that statement.

realistichog

That is a no brain er. Us over Tex.  We would have a hard time beating Austin High School.

HawgG

CofC over UNC was shocking especially if any of you watched the game. Some of those shots they were hitting was unbelievable.

BTW just a reminder that UNC gave up a dunk on an inbounds play as well so it does happen to the best of them. Yes they were playing M2M.

Arkansas beating Texas just wouldn't shock me. I don't like Barnes as a HC(overrated imo) and Texas seems to play down to Arkansas in sports lately. The Hogs always play hard against Texas and have a chance it seems.