Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just watched the 94 final 4 game against arizona...

Started by Danny J, January 04, 2010, 09:57:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny J

I rented it from netflix and it sure brought back some awesome memories. I have the championship game against duke recorded on my DVR and watch it RELIGOUSLY and compare what we had back then to what we have now and I almost tear up...no joke. Man could that team do EVERYTHING very well. I forgot how good that team was at passing the ball especially getting the ball down the floor after the other team scored. I wish I could go back in time and relive those years from 90 - 95 (excluding the UCLA game for obvious reasons).

Porkem

"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Danny J

I always remembered that beck was such a good rebounder on both ends of the floor. It was nice to see a point guard follow his shot and fight witht he big men down low. Havent seen that in a while.

Porkem

Moncrief, Beck, and Beverly were great rebounding guards.  Nobles and Britt could learn a few things from these guys.

Welsh, on the other hand, has stopped learning.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Danny J

Quote from: Porkem Yung on January 04, 2010, 10:22:37 pm
Moncrief, Beck, and Beverly were great rebounding guards.  Nobles and Britt could learn a few things from these guys.

Welsh, on the other hand, has stopped learning.
Agreed. I wonder if Beck has thought about coaching. He would be a GREAT coach. I would take him over pelphrey right now...no interview necessary.

Breems

Quote from: headhawg7 on January 04, 2010, 10:24:57 pm
Agreed. I wonder if Beck has thought about coaching. He would be a GREAT coach. I would take him over pelphrey right now...no interview necessary.

What's his coaching record? 
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Danny J

Breems

Danny J

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 04, 2010, 10:46:26 pm
Seriously?  Why?
Why? I would take you over pelphrey right now. Are you busy for the rest of the season? Seriously though, I think beck woulde make a great coach and he did spend some time with this team during the beginning of the season which makes me think he might be interested in coaching. I think he should give it a shot and maybe become an assistant somewhere.

Breems

Quote from: headhawg7 on January 04, 2010, 10:49:06 pm
Why? I would take you over pelphrey right now. Are you busy for the rest of the season? Seriously though, I think beck woulde make a great coach and he did spend some time with this team during the beginning of the season which makes me think he might be interested in coaching. I think he should give it a shot and maybe become an assistant somewhere.

Well I was playing along, but are you seriously telling me that you would hire Corey Beck tomorrow if Pel was fired?

Danny J

Quote from: ImissBrewer on January 04, 2010, 10:51:42 pm
Well I was playing along, but are you seriously telling me that you would hire Corey Beck tomorrow if Pel was fired?
Of course not. I was being facetious. I would not settle for less than anderson.

Breems

Quote from: headhawg7 on January 04, 2010, 10:53:33 pm
I would not settle for less than anderson.

I'd hope not.  I'm not for the Anderson hire, but I respect your opinion.

RedSatinHog

Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

la20688

I caught it on ESPN Classic a while back and TiVo'd it.  It's enough to bring a tear to your eye.

Danny J

3kgthog

Beck has actually been helping with the team. That is, unless I misremembered.

Danny J

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 05, 2010, 01:23:17 am
Beck has actually been helping with the team. That is, unless I misremembered.
I saw him at a practice right before our 1st exhibition game.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: headhawg7 on January 04, 2010, 11:46:28 pm
Yes...Billy Packer and Jim nance

If they show the post-game interview right after the commerical break, pay close attention to the off-mike dialogue going on between Nolan and Packer as they return from the break.  Nolan straight up tells him, "I ain't gonna stand for that s---!" and Packer's face was red as a spanked baby's butt.  They must have gotten into a doozy during that break.

Iwastherein1969

January 05, 2010, 02:44:24 pm #18 Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 02:46:27 pm by Iwastherein1969
Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on January 05, 2010, 08:06:11 am
If they show the post-game interview right after the commerical break, pay close attention to the off-mike dialogue going on between Nolan and Packer as they return from the break.  Nolan straight up tells him, "I ain't gonna stand for that s---!" and Packer's face was red as a spanked baby's butt.  They must have gotten into a doozy during that break.
Nolan bled RAZORBACK RED....still does...he was screwed by JFB based on JFB's love for 'the Dale'....and thus our basketball program went to hell in a handbasket...Mike Anderson is another who loves the cardinal and white and if given the opportunity, will take us back to where we belong as he'd have Nolan at his beckon call....good god JEFF LONG, can you not see this ?

ad: does anyone honestly believe that John Pelphrey cares about THE Razorbacks other than it being a job ? well, Mike Anderson does and would pour his heart and soul into making us great again....surely I'm not the only person who believes this ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Toad Suck Pork

You can buy the game on DVD somewhere (I got it as a gift several years ago so I don't know where).  It also came with the semi-final game as well.  I think you can get it from the NCAA website?

I watch it every March the week of the 1st Round games as a way to get excited about the tournament.  Maybe someday we can make it back.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 05, 2010, 02:44:24 pm
Nolan bled RAZORBACK RED....still does...

No doubt about it, and I believe that he'd drop his WNBA gig in a heartbeat to return and finish out the year, if for no other reason than just to be able to return to the sidelines while JFB is alive to see it happen.