Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You guys catch Pelphrey on sports just now?

Started by Boarcephus, January 04, 2010, 06:28:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

Asked him about CF for Texas and he said no and then they asked him how confident he was about him returning this year.  He hemhawed around and wouldn't really give an answer one way or the other.  He is not confident enough to say he felt he'd be back this year. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

thirtythree

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 04, 2010, 06:28:47 pm
Asked him about CF for Texas and he said no and then they asked him how confident he was about him returning this year.  He hemhawed around and wouldn't really give an answer one way or the other.  He is not confident enough to say he felt he'd be back this year.

I watched the whole press conference. Maybe you should do the same. There is more that he said about it than that. You can tell that he is not the one that knows when he will be back, so he answered honestly.

Breems

Looking more and more like Fortson won't be back this year.  Terrible news if that's the case.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Boarcephus

Quote from: thirtythree on January 04, 2010, 06:30:25 pm
I watched the whole press conference. Maybe you should do the same. There is more that he said about it than that. You can tell that he is not the one that knows when he will be back, so he answered honestly.

Where did you watch the interview?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

rude1

No thanks. Nothing this goober could say to change my mind about him. Shut up and win some games is how I see it.

Boarcephus

Quote from: rude1 on January 04, 2010, 06:36:08 pm
No thanks. Nothing this goober could say to change my mind about him. Shut up and win some games is how I see it.

Have to agree with you.  I'm at the point I don't even want to see him or listen to anything he says.  I just tuned in to see if they had any football updates and they led off with him.

thirtythree

farmhawg

Obviously someone besides most of us feels that pel has to be told what to do. He doesn't even have control of his program and Long has to take control.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

T-Wacker

Why doesn't he man up and say when he will return? I don't care if he ever states why he was suspended, but to drag this out like some sort of stunt is not only annoying, but shows his immaturity. If he doesn't even know that, what makes anyone think he can defend a junior high inbounds play, recruit, etc.?

thirtythree

Quote from: T-Wacker on January 04, 2010, 07:43:15 pm
Why doesn't he man up and say when he will return? I don't care if he ever states why he was suspended, but to drag this out like some sort of stunt is not only annoying, but shows his immaturity. If he doesn't even know that, what makes anyone think he can defend a junior high inbounds play, recruit, etc.?

Because he doesn't know when CF will return. It is evident that CF has to take care of things that he has not done yet. There is probably some privacy laws that are preventing him from discussing the very aspects that people want to know. He mentioned in his press conference that CF is the one responsible for when he comes back.

ke2743

Who cares if he returns this year or not.. We won't be any better.. End of story!!

The_Truth

I don't think CF will ever suit up again and I hope JP is not back next year.  Really how much worse could he possibly make the program?  No wins at all?  If that is the case, just shut down the bball program all together.

Breems

Quote from: ke2743 on January 04, 2010, 08:02:28 pm
Who cares if he returns this year or not.. We won't be any better.. End of story!!

Could go either way actually. 
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

T-Wacker

Quote from: thirtythree on January 04, 2010, 07:47:24 pm
Because he doesn't know when CF will return. It is evident that CF has to take care of things that he has not done yet. There is probably some privacy laws that are preventing him from discussing the very aspects that people want to know. He mentioned in his press conference that CF is the one responsible for when he comes back.

There are no privacy laws protecting him on WHEN he will return! Now, never, three weeks from the next full moon! Make a decision, or do you need to use a few timeouts?

JONAS

I wish he would come out and say one way or the other.  I do not think that he even knows. 

SunshinePumper

Quote from: T-Wacker on January 04, 2010, 08:29:01 pm
There are no privacy laws protecting him on WHEN he will return! Now, never, three weeks from the next full moon! Make a decision, or do you need to use a few timeouts?

They don't want to reveal that Fortson is done as a razorback because it will hurt attendance even more.
Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.

T-Wacker

Quote from: SunshinePumper on January 04, 2010, 08:40:18 pm
They don't want to reveal that Fortson is done as a razorback because it will hurt attendance even more.

Then Fortson doesn't know either. 19-20 year olds can't keep that to themselves.

thirtythree

There are if they are the reasons he is not back. Apparently nobody knows when he will be baqck, so they can't answer that question to the medias or fans expectations.

N HOG

The surprising thing to me at this point is that there apparently are people who actually care if, and when, he will be back.

WilsonHog

Let me answer your question with a question.

You're a member here. If I were to ask you when Lanny is going to allow a new forum to be created, what would you say? 

netteltonhog

Pel is 1 for 5 on last years recruiting class. Just why did they fire Stan. At least we won games.

pfrg999

Pel's agent... is that you lol
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

thirtythree

Danny J

Quote from: netteltonhog on January 04, 2010, 09:30:18 pm
Pel is 1 for 5 on last years recruiting class. Just why did they fire Stan. At least we won games.
1 for 6 actually. That is pretty sad.

ge-erdone

January 04, 2010, 11:03:18 pm #24 Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:12:02 pm by ge-erdone
Quote from: T-Wacker on January 04, 2010, 07:43:15 pm
I strongly believe, trying to read between the lines, that it is medical professionals who are the people  making the decisions, of when Fortson is ready to play.

There is a possibility that they are trying to get him to finish the spring semester satisfactorly, and he will leave in good standing, due to APR, and very possible that he will not play any at all.

It seems with injuries to key players, and the supensions, from last year to this year, has left John Pelphrey snake bitten.

I hope we have a true point guard in the new transfer from Iowa, who is a good student academically, and is experienced, can solve our pg problems next year. 

I hope he is the light at the end of the dark tunnel.

ge-erdone

Quote from: rude1 on January 04, 2010, 06:36:08 pm
Is that attitude what you call "hard headed"?

la20688

I hate to say it but at this point does it really matter if he plays this year.  Suppose he comes back for the Miss St. game and plays the rest of the season.  If we then somehow manage to go 8-8 in the conference (big If), that would make our record 15-16.  Still no post season, which is what its all about.  So if he comes back, great (i guess) maybe the team will be more fun to watch, and maybe it will give Clarke some better looks, but other than that..........this season is TOAST!

fred ziffel

That's because it is not up to Pelphrey to decide. It's up to Fortson. Why is that so hard to understand?

"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

1HourToHogville

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 04, 2010, 09:29:41 pm
Let me answer your question with a question.

You're a member here. If I were to ask you when Lanny is going to allow a new forum to be created, what would you say? 

I would hope Lanny is addressing any personal issues that are affecting his ability to be a part of the team and has the appropriate help and support before a decision is made.  A physician should be involved to make sure Lanny has addressed any issues and only when released from care by said physician should Lanny make a decision regarding creating a new forum.

WilsonHog

Quote from: oklahog on January 05, 2010, 12:36:32 am
I would hope Lanny is addressing any personal issues that are affecting his ability to be a part of the team and has the appropriate help and support before a decision is made.  A physician should be involved to make sure Lanny has addressed any issues and only when released from care by said physician should Lanny make a decision regarding creating a new forum.

That whooshing sound you just word was that analogy zooming over your head like a 747.

thirtythree

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 05, 2010, 06:13:51 am
That whooshing sound you just word was that analogy zooming over your head like a 747.

Even I got it Wilson. ;D